Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching Jericho's RAW match against Del Rio, i was wondering what Jericho's best use is now in the WWE. It's clear he's only interested in 6-8 months wrestling a year, maybe a bit less, and in that time he's happy putting over people. Because of this i thought that he is not really bothered about winning, or even winning the heavyweight belts. Im sure he'll be used in the title scene when he's needed, but i don't think he's winning the belt soon - he may later, when he's leaving for good.

So it made me wonder if the WWE wanted to use Jericho in a big storyline match for a big four PPV uppercard match, as apposed to his normal putting over role; they could bring back the dragon.

Steamboat could return and say that he's noticed that Jericho is not what he was when they first wrestled. And that he noticed that and began training for a comeback, to get his win over Jericho and retire. They could easily push the fact that Jericho hasn't been at his best in recent years - not to say he's no longer a skilled wrestler, but maybe say he's lost some of his 'killer instinct' or lost the fire he used to have. something along those lines.

I think that as a one off match, Jericho vs Steamboat II could be a great uppercard match, because you know they'd deliver. The storyline is pretty much ready-made for the WWE. Steamboat is practically playing the role of Rocky, doing the Rocky comeback. Jericho as the smug younger 'better' wrestler. But could Steamboat have his moment?

Do you guys have interest in this?

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
I feel like we saw Jericho/Steamboa II, but wouldn't refuse a part III. The handicap match at WM26 - Piper/Snuka were finished but Steamboat blew me away and had a great few minutes with Jericho.

The next month at PPV we had them 1 on 1. Another good match.
The the health issues hit and I don't think we'll see the Dragon in the ring again.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never been a fan of older wrestlers getting in the ring. And when the young guy is in his 40's it kind of wth?
My point was that:

A) Jericho doesn't care about winning big matches/wont chase the belt
B) Jericho can't put over people every PPV, it gets boring

Therefore, why not put these two older wrestlers in a one-off match, which would be a great wrestling match, and be something different/entertaining for Jericho to do at a big PPV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts