Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't post this in the Fantasy Booking thread because I'm not suggesting it's what I would've done, but just an idea to discuss.

WrestleMania X8 took place at the Skydome in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. But head back to 2001 for a second. Stone Cold Steve Austin turns heel and becomes the WWF Champion. Meanwhile Chris Jericho, whilst not yet in the main event, is one of the most over babyfaces in the WWF. In reality, Jericho ended up turning heel and winning the Undisputed WWF Championship, but his "main event" run was piss poor, and Austin turned babyface immediately after the "Invasion" angle ended.

Assuming that Austin had stayed a heel and Jericho a face, and the fact they'd never faced off in singles action prior to 2001, how good would it have been to see Austin run through the roster, through the likes of Undertaker, Triple H, Rock, etc, Jericho slowly build himself up too, leading to Jericho finally unseating Austin at WrestleMania and winning his first-ever WWF Championship in Canada??

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
no .. Triple h was the best choice , he just made his 8 month comeback and was over as fuck as a face , it was perfectly done

would it be better had it been heel Austin vs face Triple h ? probably , especially since they were tag team champions the year prior , but Jericho needed that WM main event more than austin , plus him tagging with Steph and taking on Triple h was cool

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Austin didn't want to job at wm.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I would have preferred heel Austin vs. face HHH by far. That's the match we should have got tbh. It's just unfortunate we got stuck with HHH/Jericho and Austin/Hall instead.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Considering everything that happened with the quad tear, HHH/Jericho was the right decision, it was just horribly executed. But if Triple H wouldn't have torn his quad and the Power Trip would've gotten their split-up angle, then I like the idea of either HHH/Austin or Austin/Jericho.

·
Banned
882 Posts
HHH was a better choice, but it still would have been great, just the timing was better for Trips vs. Austin.

NO! I just want heel Punk vs Austin and Triple H vs Y2J.
So you have the time machine ready, right? :no:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
thats the thing he didnt run down the roster he didnt beat hhh so it could have easily have been austin vs hhh at 18 or even 19. but austins decline happened to quickly for me.

as far as jericho vs austin that would have been an a very good alternative to hhh vs jericho but with their history it would have made more sense with the latter match. but it lacked in star power which was needed in the main event to topple hogan rock so again having a main event with austin would have been advisable.

as far as how jericho hhh was booked it was like wm fairy tale. jericjo is booked against his vengeance opponents while hhh has to deal with his unattended wife. and the after effects of feud were not good either jericho gets a shitty push but then nothing in the coming year. so if the plan was to make jericho into a star they failed miserably.

·
Banned
882 Posts
How could Austin have more heat with Jericho than HHH? WWE had lost all momentum at this point anyhow.
As far as Jericho/HHH goes, Steph said he was cute once and HHH didn't like it. True story.

Not sure about Austin though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts