Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts
Having Jericho against Taker has no gains for either of them, Jericho should go for the record IC reigns of 10 and a match with Ambrose would definitely be a draw, Taker should be wrestling any of the new talent like Owens, Rusev or even Cesaro.

I'm really thinking that they finally pull the trigger with Wyatt over Taker this go around. Given the injury situation, you don't really have any established stars available to give the rub to. Jericho is good, but he's not going to be around enough to do anything with the heat he gets from retiring Taker. This a golden opportunity to rectify a situation. Hopefully they do it in grand fashion.
This would imply that Taker is retiring.

With Cena injured and seemingly no standout opponent for Taker, does anyone else feel WWE will take the easy option and just pair up Taker and Jericho?

I'd like to think as much as anyone else that WWE might finally try and elevate a guy from their upper midcard by retiring (or at the very least defeating Taker who is still booked insanely strong) at Mania.

However, WWE are renowned for their terrible decisions. Turning Jericho or doing a 'Legends' match is right up their street.

It's an easy option for them and if Jericho does go over, well they can always have him hang around and carry a feud on the mic for Reigns post Wrestlemania.

Could be way off. I certainly wouldn't book it but I have a feeling WWE might look at it.
now you said it, it's going to happen... WWE have the idea now!

Kane-Taker still strikes me as the main probability.

Like i said in another thread, with this being billed as the biggest Mania ever, WWE want high profile matches instead of using these chances to put people over, so i think they'll roll with Kane and Taker due to their history and stature and try and manufacture a big match feel about it, despite Kane having little credibility left.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did do Jericho vs Taker, because i wouldn't put anything past the WWE, but i think Jericho will face Ambrose for the title at Mania instead.
Jericho vs Ambrose would tear the house down and be te best IC Title match at a Mania in the modern era. I would love it. I would want Y2J as a 10x IC Champ and Ambrose to win it back at Extreme Rules in some crazy street fight like the one Punk and Jericho had.

Jericho/Taker just seems like it'd be a total waste of everyone's time. Zero interest in seeing that match.

Reactions: Piehound
I'd rather see Wyatt vs Taker in a buried alive match or Owens/Ambrose vs Taker although I think they will do Ambrose vs Y2J, Lesnar vs Wyatt and Owens vs Taker.

Wyatt going over Taker in a buried alive match feels right for both guys with Wyatt winning the big one finally and retiring the dead man and Taker goes out in a match made for him whilst finally putting over a young guy.

Feel like Y2J vs Taker would be a waste of both guys. They need to use Lesnar, Taker, Y2J, Orton and HHH correctly to put over the new generation of stars e.g. Owens, Wyatt, Ambrose and Reigns. All four need to pick up big wins at WM.

They need to bring back more superstars, i would love to see matches like Danyel bryan vs Brock Lesnar, Kalisto vs Rey Misterio, or Alberto del rio vs eddy Guerrero. Its wrestlemania afterall.

Sounds like a match nobody would give a shit about so yeah why not? Y2J will lay down like a bitch regardless who he faces off against so 1+ for that 50 year old has been phenom (Y) That will be exciting!

I want Jericho to finally start winning feuds so i would prefer if he faced someone like Owens or any of those NJWP kids.
I would suggest Heath Slater but one of his marks chastised me on twitter for making a joke about Slater. I'm so devastated by Slater's one fan that I'm scared to even mention his name.

Boy, I hope that mark isn't on this board. lol

That would be a random and pointless match, and one that I'd have zero interest in. Hell, I'd take Taker vs Brock IV over that as long as Taker was willing to lay down for him again.

Give me Taker vs Owens and Jericho vs Ambrose for the IC Title.

Show of hands. Would ANYBODY view Jericho as a credible threat to Taker at Wrestlemania, streak or no streak?

Anybody? Anybody at all?
Look, I might be one of the biggest Jerichoholics on this forum, but even I think he would need a shitload of rehab to even be considered for a Taker match at this stage.

The best shot Jericho had was 2009 or 2010, when he was really rocking the suited up heel character.

If Bryan isn't cleared, I would rather Jericho vs Nakamura. Taker should pass the torch to Wyatt, have a Buried Alive Match, Wyatt wins, Taker retires next night on RAW. Wyatt then targets the WWE title and the summer of Wyatt starts.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.