Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of us who watched RAW last night saw the unfortunate timing botch from the referee who called the Beat The Clock Challenge Match between Jericho and Big Show. It appeared as though Jericho was suppose to win by count out and beat Miz's time of 4:18. After any final decisions were made they cut to commercial and when RAW came back it was announced that The Miz's time of 4:18 would still stand going forward. At the end of the night Daniel Bryan defeated Jerry Lawler(lol) in a match that beat the leader at the time, Randy Orton's time. It was then announced CM Punk would face Daniel Bryan at Over The Limit.

With the reports going around that Punk and Jericho's feud would continue and the obvious botch in his match, it seemed that Daniel Bryan winning the Beat The Clock Challenge might of been an audible. Seeing as though Bryan's feud with Sheamus may not be over (Tag Team Match was announced for Smackdown Bryan/Kane vs. Sheamus/Orton) and Bryan being on Smackdown, what could possibly be the real kayfabe reason they put this match together? Is there a chance they'll throw Jericho into this match to make it a Triple Threat or somehow removing Daniel Bryan from the match and entering Chris Jericho in?

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I didn't think it was a botch to be honest, it just seemed like that's the way the match was supposed to end otherwise why cut it so close?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
It doesen't matter if it was a botch or not (it was not)
we are getting Punk vs Bryan at OTL, be happy dammit!

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I think the leaked reports of the feud continuing pissed off somebody in the creative and they chose to give us a swerve and have Bryan feud with Punk instead.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
This is much better then punk vs jericho that feud became stupid with the family thing it should of stayed on "whos the best"
Bryan and Punk have history and it should top the jericho/punk matches.Also Punk has beaten jericho twice in a row that proves who the better man is time to move on.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I think the leaked reports of the feud continuing pissed off somebody in the creative and they chose to give us a swerve and have Bryan feud with Punk instead.
Dirt sheets will just claim that "plans changed".

There really wasn't anything that CM Punk/Jericho could have done to add to the feud. It ended well at Extreme Rules. Bryan needed a high profile feud after losing to Sheamus, so CM Punk is great booking. Del Rio is ready for Sheamus, so that feud is set. The results of last night was just logical

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dirt sheets will just claim that "plans changed".

There really wasn't anything that CM Punk/Jericho could have done to add to the feud. It ended well at Extreme Rules. Bryan needed a high profile feud after losing to Sheamus, so CM Punk is great booking. Del Rio is ready for Sheamus, so that feud is set. The results of last night was just logical
But CM Punk is a RAW Superstar and Bryan a Smackdown Superstar.

No way Bryan wins unless he gets drafted over, which as of yet, he hasn't.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
i think it was a botch but it doesent matter anyway cause bryan would still beat his time. It did make it look pretty weak that he beat lawler for it though.

·
Registered
851 Posts
What now for Y2J? I hope he gets a more intense and proper feud.. the one with Punk was just mehhh... not enough character especially for Y2J.

Best in the world is over.... now DB vs Punk will fight for that.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
What now for Y2J? I hope he gets a more intense and proper feud.. the one with Punk was just mehhh... not enough character especially for Y2J.

I kind of liked it it was diffrent with the whole alchoholic stuff.

·
Registered
417 Posts
But CM Punk is a RAW Superstar and Bryan a Smackdown Superstar.

No way Bryan wins unless he gets drafted over, which as of yet, he hasn't.
What a completely irrelevant point to make. Do you not watch WWE Tv anymore? Raw is now both brands. Both brands of superstars appear in the open titles and on the show every week.

And why would they put Smackdown stars in the title picture in the first place if there was still an actual brand separation............ 3 hour raw the other week, was suppose to be and locally advertised as the annual draft also......didnt happen! Get with the programme dude!

Also. blatant botch, but also a great opportunity to move Bryan away from the boring feud with Sheamus, give us the match we all want as well and have Jericho go after Sheamus and the World title? Or One last bug feud before he goes off to the Fozzy US/Europe tour in the summer, before returning once again for Mania............

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

I hope he and Randy Orton feud over the punt that put him out of action in kayfabe. They have good chemistry and both have nothing notable going for them at the moment.

It will also keep the shitty trend of Orton feuding with guys over some old ass shit going, lol. (Punk feud over a punt from 08, Kane feud over a fucking handshake last summer and Y2J feud over the punt in 2010)

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Bryan was always meant to win.

I feel this may be a Benoit Vs Eddie classic match for two technically great wrestlers.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
We lost in either case. We already got DB vs Punk three times, it was nothing special.
Jericho vs Punk was far too fucking stale and was just lost for story.

But botch or not... something is not right.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Bryan was always meant to win.

I feel this may be a Benoit Vs Eddie classic match for two technically great wrestlers.
Or it's going to be underwhelming, not even be the main event, and be used to try and kill Bryan's "yes" momentum. I wouldn't even be surprised if it winds up beneath the Sheamus/ADR feud in television focus.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It was an obvious botch.

Justin king was saying e won by a second.... Why would say that for no reason?

I think y2j will beat d Bry next week, and get his chance once again.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
He lost two title matches CLEAN in a row and even the second title shot he didn't earn (he just poured alcohol on Punk, hit him with a bottle and that made him #1 contender). There's no reason for him to get another chance. A heel doesn't lose clean twice in a row and get a third chance, it'd make no sense.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
It was an obvious botch.

Justin king was saying e won by a second.... Why would say that for no reason?

I think y2j will beat d Bry next week, and get his chance once again.
even if it was a botch jercho time was 4:17
and bryan already beat this time!
you people make no sense at all!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts