Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was watching some old WWF videos from 1998-2002 and it comes across that jericho was pretty much one of the only few that could hold his own with the rock on the mic like verbally they had good chemistry because one wasnt better than the other.

todays stars like miz and punk are probarbly the only few i think that could maybe hold their own a little with rocky on mic Cena might but morrison would get completely discombobulated on the mic and anhilated verbally and mentally raped ten fold :)

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Whats with all these stupid threads recently?

As much as I love Y2J, he really isnt anywhere near The Rock on the mic, very few ever have been.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Personally i think he's better, I'd take his 2008 honest man run over anything The Rock has ever said.

He is nowhere near as charismatic, but his material is more enjoyable.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
It's easy to think that he was at that level, because the crowd ate him up - but when it came crunchtime - were the fans at Wrestlemania 2000 to see Jericho win the European Championshion or to see The Rock try to win the WWF Championship?

Were they at Wrestlemania X7 to see Jericho open the card or Rock close it in a battle with the most popular guy of the era for the WWF Title?

There's a reason why it's the latter, and it's not wrestling abilities because that's one advantage Jericho DID have over Rock.

·
Banned
858 Posts
i was watching some old WWF videos from 1998-2002 and it comes across that jericho was pretty much one of the only few that could hold his own with the rock on the mic like verbally they had good chemistry because one wasnt better than the other.

todays stars like miz and punk are probarbly the only few i think that could maybe hold their own a little with rocky on mic Cena might but morrison would get completely discombobulated on the mic and anhilated verbally and mentally raped ten fold :)
The Miz couldn't hold his own against anyone unless he was fed his lines.

·
Banned
266 Posts
I prefer Jericho,his stuff always had substance and eloquence while the Rock was relying too much on constantly rehashing his phrases so most of his promos were just phrase after phrase all over again.

Reactions: El Dandu

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
I prefer Jericho,his stuff always had substance and eloquence while the Rock was relying too much on constantly rehashing his phrases so most of his promos were just phrase after phrase all over again.
I was thinking along these lines as well. In terms of creativity and something unique about each promo, Jericho is the best. Personally, I PREFER Jericho.

That said, in terms of connecting with the audience so that they're anticipating each catchphrase, I don't think anyone can lay claim over The Rock. I'm a Y2J mark, but only Rock truly captivated the entire audience each time he had the mic, even if I personally found his phrases childish and redundant. Ultimately, that connection that the Rock created with his overall audience made him more effective on the mic than Jericho.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
If he was he'd be bigger then the rock there is something about the rocks delivery that makes him go so over - but I agree the two guys when they worked together on the MIC were fucking fantastic..they really mesh well

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
If he was he'd be bigger then the rock there is something about the rocks delivery that makes him go so over - but I agree the two guys when they worked together on the MIC were fucking fantastic..they really mesh well
Quoted for truth. They definitely clicked while they were together. I'll go on youtube sometimes just to re-watch Rock & Jericho promos to entertain myself for an hour.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Rock and Jericho are very good on the mic. Actually they are excellent. But neither of them were/are the best. That belongs to Kurt Angle.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts

That I definitely agree with. The rest not so much.

Jericho is fantastic on the mic. He's one of my all time favs, but Rock held the crowd in the palm of his hand.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The Rock and Jericho are very good on the mic. Actually they are excellent. But neither of them were/are the best. That belongs to Kurt Angle.
you know it's funny Kurt/Rock/Austin all their segments were hilarious - I remember one episode of raw kurt kept repeating what austin was saying to to RVD

and another episode Austin doing the same thing to Vince while undertaker as the american badass was getting pissed off with how immature Austin was being - funny shit ... we got lucky all those guys were together around that exact time

1 - 20 of 44 Posts