Wrestling Forum banner

Jericho in TNA?

4383 Views 66 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  seabs
Does anybody find intriguing that WWE did not promote Chris Jericho's new book at all and yet WWE did talked a little bit about Mick Foley a couple of months ago?

Also, Jericho made some comments tonight about TNA. Nothing really negative...

After 10 yrs TNA talent still have an inferiority complex. If u don't think that u work for the BEST COMPANY EVER then nobody else will!
Kurt Angle did say in an interview for ESPN that he'd love to have Jericho in TNA and Jericho himself said that he might join the company one day.

Jericho on possibility of joining TNA: "Never say never. I hope they do great and although I've taken jabs at Eric Bischoff on Twitter, I like him and I'm happy that he's in TNA... So it would have to be some kind of really crazy circumstance for me to not be working there until the day I retire."

Also, Bischoff took a shot tonight at the canadian wrestlers...could this possibly lead to a debut of Chris Jericho in TNA? I'm sure the company had a chat with the guy since he's without any doubt the biggest free agent.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
12,827 Posts
Chris Jericho Was Not Happy With Impact Tonight
Former WWE Champion Chris Jericho issued the following critique to TNA Wrestling while viewing tonight's episode of iMPACT!. "After 10 yrs TNA talent still have an inferiority complex. If u don't think that u work for the BEST COMPANY EVER then nobody else will! As a performer u hav to act and project that where u work is the pinnacle of competition! If not then the whole place just seems second rate."

Jericho's remarks are likely in reference to Madison Rayne saying the following to Mickie James during an in-ring promo: "You were the top Female wrestler in the TOP female wrestling promotion."

Source: http://twitter.com/iamjericho

· Registered
561 Posts
According to your logic if not promoting Jerichos book means he's going to TNA, then we can expect Mic Foley in the WWE since his book was promoted.

I also don't see Jericho in his twilight years sacrificing the superstardom that he worked so hard to get to go to a 2nd rate promotion.

Yes Jericho likes enhancing talent and getting people better, but I also think he has too much pride and doesn't want to give off the washed up wrestler impression by joining TNA when he knows he has a guaranteed contract with the WWE. Even after his wrestling years he could be a great on air personality for the next 15 years

· Registered
331 Posts
Jericho said recently on Wrestling Observer's radio show that he would never work in a ring that wasn't owned by Vince, unless he got his permission. He also said that Jericho keeps in touch with Vince more than most of the boys.

· Registered
984 Posts
I thought Madison Rayne said to Mickie James that the reason Mickie came to TNA is becuase she wanted to wrestle the top female wrestlers in the top female wrestling promotion. Basically stating TNA had the top womens division out of all promotions and thats why Mickie came there.

· Registered
980 Posts
I also don't see Jericho in his twilight years sacrificing the superstardom that he worked so hard to get to go to a 2nd rate promotion.
Eric Bischoff said Jericho doesn't have what it takes to headline TNA.

Personally I believe Jericho is bitter towards anyone that "kept him down" in WCW.

· Registered
38,713 Posts
I thought Madison Rayne said to Mickie James that the reason Mickie came to TNA is becuase she wanted to wrestle the top female wrestlers in the top female wrestling promotion. Basically stating TNA had the top womens division out of all promotions and thats why Mickie came there.
I think thats what she said. Jericho must of misheard her.

· Banned
2,450 Posts
No way, no how. He'll never be in TNA as long as Vince has an open door for him.

Odds on, Mick is done with TNA. What I've been hearing is that he has no interest in re-signing with TNA.

· GIANTS
8,177 Posts
Jericho going back to the WWE is about as much of a lock as the OP getting moron'd within the next months....

I could see Jericho going to TNA if he wanted to work less and still get a nice paycheck, but he can still go at a good rate....he'll be back in the E before Mania!

· Banned
426 Posts
Does anybody find intriguing that WWE did not promote Chris Jericho's new book at all and yet WWE did talked a little bit about Mick Foley a couple of months ago?
Jericho's book isn't even officially out yet, though some people have gotten advanced copies.

Jericho said a few days ago on Wrestling Observer Radio that he will never again wrestle for any company other than WWE.

· Registered
131 Posts
Jericho in TNA wouldn´t fit at all!
Because a) they already have so much talent that is being kept down due to the Immortal/Fortune/THEY storyline.

b) I personally wouldn´t want Jericho to return anywhere, because I feel like his prime is over!

and c) Jericho still has the option to return in WWE, so why join TNA? Better schedule yes, but pay-off? Never!

Plus I really have tzo agree on the fact that Jericho still seems to be pissed at Bischoff because of the old WCW days.

EDIT: Jericho never was a bad performer, but I feel like AJ Styles is a better wrestler. He´s still young and can get better, even though there´s not much to improve.

· Registered
980 Posts

· Registered
1,415 Posts
as much as i would like to see jericho in tna i don't see it happening. when he is done wrestling he will obviously still have a back stage job with wwe. tna has plenty of talent atm. if they had 2 2hr shows there might be room for him on the roster atm but not with only impact. there's a lot of talent that doesn't get on tv regularly as it is.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.