Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When he returned in 2012 he got a great ovation from the crowd for a few weeks but this whole trolling thing completely killed his momentum. He should of debuted with the proper ' End of the world gimmick ' gave a massive promo and then carry thid on to the Punk feud. This means we would of had two sides cheering for Jericho or Punk. But instead we had Jericho not saying anything so the crowd would booo him which has completely backfired as he doesnt even garner a reaction.

Does Jericho have any momentum in the WWE?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
That's because he barely wrestles. Jericho these days is nothing like he was during the 2000's. He used to wrestle at every single RAW, not only at PPVs. His last match was at Wrestlemania, and seeing him on the titantron or in the ring not wrestling, is nothing like seeing him in a match.

·
HEADBANGA
23,230 Posts
Well Jericho got beat at WrestlMania and now he's on the via titantron. How you expect him to get any momentum when he's not really on the show?

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
WWE was only concerned with END OF THE WORLD video promos, and had no idea what they where going to do with him once he came back.
I think he was always meant to do what he did the first time, but they hadn't thought further than that so he just did the same over and over for a month.

Thats what killed his momentum, the fact he did the same thing every week for a month, fans were bored of him before he had even done anything.

Thats why his current feud with Punk gets stick from certain areas of WWE fans.

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
Yeah, I don't think there is anything productive Jericho can do in this run. I feel he might just win the title from CM Punk but honestly, RAW wouldn't be any worser without Jericho. He adds absolutely nothing to the show.

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
It's been booked terribly from the get-go. The troll return while might have been amusing to troll the internet, killed the live audiences. Than he should have won the Rumble - but instead had a nondescript Rumble. The feud with Punk was heating up with the "best in the world" stuff, but they they had to throw in this alcoholic stuff - and it's basically killed the feud for me. I think Jericho is bored already as well - he was overshadowed by Rock and HHH/UT and now by Lesnar, he's not treated as a huge attraction, but just a regular roster guy.

I bet he'll be gone again soon - and for good. And if he writes another book we'll read how his last run he learned he is really over the wrestling business.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
He has no momentum and his feud with Punk needs to end. Jericho's return has been nothing but a flop. He should have won the RR instead of Sheamus.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
I absolutely love Jericho and this returned has been such a disappointment. It also has done Punk no favors. I don't care about Punk any more now than I did before this feud. The feud hasn't hurt Punk in any way, in my opinion, but it hasn't done anything for him either.

Jericho though... I don't know. It's just a huge disappointment.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Once that Raw vignette aired on the highlight reel, all of the promos seemed worth it. He had come back to do what he never could-win the royal rumble and win the title at WM. Then he fucking lost to Shamus in a shitty rumble. Then he gets "hurt" at the Elimination Chamber, making his comeback pointless again. Instead, he wins a random match on raw to face Punk at WM. Horrible horrible booking.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
His feud with Punk has been driven to a dead end now. Every week, Punk goes out to have a match and midway through it or at the end, Jericho appears on the tron to talk about Punk drinking alcohol and doing drugs. His return on a whole has been disappointing. The trolling might have been amusing the first week but then they continued doing it until the Royal Rumble and it got simply boring.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,300 Posts
I like the storyline, it is just that in the ring Jericho has done nothing.

Didn't make too big of an impact at the Rumble. Like, he didn't enter early and eliminate 6 or 7 guys. He entered late and lost the Sheamus.

Then he lost at Elimination Chamber. Then he started attacking CM Punk because Jericho was really the best in the world. Then Jericho started going after Punk's family. Just desperation booking to get any heat or interest in the WM match. CM Punk got revenge by going over clean at WrestleMania in a solid 3.5/5 or possibly around 4/5 match, but it wasn't anything really memorable or spectacular.

Okay, so he's the best in the world at what he does. Is he the best in the world at losing? Because he's lost every major match he's been in since his debut.

"I'm the best in the world!" claims the heel.
"No, I'm the best in the world!" claims the babyface
Babyface goes over clean, for the company's most important belt, at the most purchased PPV in the company's history

Well, I guess the feud is over, right? Who is the best in the world? I'd say it is the guy who wins clean at WM.

For all intents and purposes this feud is done. It doesn't matter how many whiskey bottles Punk gets bashed by. Its done. Who is the best in the world, according to this storyline? Punk.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts