Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and I haven't seen many posts about this, but everyone generally agrees that it's a good idea for the older guys to put over the new guys, especially if they won't be around for long, but man in the process this has made Jericho go from looking like a top tier guy to a mid carder. Who has he cleanly beaten besides Kofi Kingston? I'm sure there's one or 2 names, but seriously, this guy is a legend but ended up looking like a jobber.

And now he's feuding with Orton, you already know how this one will end, honestly I'm starting to think it would've been more interesting if Jericho did get a win over Punk at some point during their feud, the guy really doesn't look like a threat anymore.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
jericho was held back by nash, hogan, etc in wcw ... he promised himself he'll never be that old guy who's not putting over young talent

jericho knows the business, wwe takes his thoughts highly, and jericho is a credible wrestler

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jericho has made the transition to Smackdown... which is already a bad start. I'm glad he's putting over young guys, but putting him in a position where he always loses kinda make it a lot more predictable. He kinda reminds me of Christian during his title reign and the following months, he'll build up a somewhat interesting feud, puts on good matches, but you know the guy is going to job. You don't see Undertaker jobbing to people at wrestlemania, despite already being massively over and being past his prime, because the fans want to see this guy win still... same thing here, there's a ton of Jericho fans but it gets old when this guy cuts some good promos but ends up losing.... make him look like a threat again please!

·
Registered
503 Posts
they should have him squash a few midcarders to make him look better and can even make the midcarders look good by having entertaining matches long matches make both wrestlers look good before jobbing to upper talent and leaving the business. they seem to want to place him all over the place with no real direction.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Yeah Jericho went a little overboard with putting over talent. He lost to guys like Slater, JTG, Morrison, MVP, Evan Bourne, Truth, Kofi, etc in the past clean. Jericho and the WWE needs to realize that guys like him can put people over without losing to them. When Jericho has a match with a guy like JTG and the match goes around 10 mins, JTG goes over, no need for Jericho to lose on top of that. Just because its Jericho it will be a good match, and having a good match like that makes you get over. And then he can go and lose occasionally to a really good guy like Punk, and it will mean a lot more.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The thing is that Jericho has already "checked out" as far as wanting to be THE guy in the business. He is basically there now to just put over the younger guys before he runs off to do another Fozzy tour. It sucks for us Jericho fans that want to see the guy at the top again but that is the way it goes I guess.

By the way, Jericho also has said that he doesn't want to return to wrestling unless he can do something that is different. Something that isn't stale. Well, him whining about losing matches and claiming to be Best in the world at what he does IS stale. I thought that he was going to do something different when he returned, but after the buildup earlier this year he has fallen back down to doing what he did when he made his return several years ago.

I agree that he isn't really putting guys over when all he does is lose match after match, but that isn't his fault. Creative in WWE is very shallow these days.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I found him impressive last Raw

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here and I haven't seen many posts about this, but everyone generally agrees that it's a good idea for the older guys to put over the new guys, especially if they won't be around for long, but man in the process this has made Jericho go from looking like a top tier guy to a mid carder. Who has he cleanly beaten besides Kofi Kingston? I'm sure there's one or 2 names, but seriously, this guy is a legend but ended up looking like a jobber.

And now he's feuding with Orton, you already know how this one will end, honestly I'm starting to think it would've been more interesting if Jericho did get a win over Punk at some point during their feud, the guy really doesn't look like a threat anymore.
But they won't even let him do his thing on the mic the way he can. What's with the father an alchoholic sister a druggy crap. Let the man work the mic, he's one of the best.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
If he's back to put over young talent what is he doing in a program with Orton? He is already the most over guy on the roster and it's obvious Orton will win the match.
Orton always wants to go over and Jericho always puts people over. they are a perfect match for a feud. Plus Orton will likely punt Jericho's head to write him off the show.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Why should he get major wins over big stars when he is leaving in a few months.He put punk rightly over and for Jericho to win a major title and hold it for a few mouths then leave is stupid as it damages the stars who are staying put.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Jericho wouldn't do it if he didn't think it made sense and he wasn't happy doing it.

At the end of the day, if he's putting over younger guys at his own will, that's all that really matters.

It's when people are constantly losing and they aren't happy about it but are still forced to do it when it creates a problem.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Jericho wouldn't do it if he didn't think it made sense and he wasn't happy doing it.

At the end of the day, if he's putting over younger guys at his own will, that's all that really matters.

It's when people are constantly losing and they aren't happy about it but are still forced to do it when it becomes a problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.