Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TNA announcer Jeremy Borash was on Jim Ross' podcast "The Ross Report". Here are some highlights:
- Jeremy had high praise for Bob Ryder who gave him big break by pitching him for the WCW Live hosting duties. JB says he owes everything to Bob.
- Recounts Tank Abbott knocking him out legit with what was supposed to be a worked punch.
- Is friends with Mark Madden. He and JR put Mark over.
- Talks of being a long time Howard Stern fan and how it turned into him being featured on the show. A dream come true, he says.
- Jeremy details working in the UK on behalf of Impact.
- Ross tells JB, "I'm available, just so you know Jeremy", after JB says he'd like to work with him some day (Ross hinted the same, earlier).
- Jim kind of knocks Destination America and pumps up the move to POP. JB talks extensively about the move being a huge deal and then gets into internet critics.
- JB hints at a "new look and feel for the show" and indicates they have been hard at work in preparation.
- Jeremy gets excited and says it's a whole new beginning come Tuesday.
- Says the company does not get nearly the credit they should and proclaims that no one else has come close to the position they are in today, aside from WWE.
- Both men go on and on over EC3, Spud and the big angle where JB and Spud lost their hair. Ross was a big fan of the angle.
- Ross says "Dixie is smart to have you on the ground in the UK, Jeremy" and suggests the company expand further across the pond.
- McMahon and death of the territories is discussed, the AWA in particular.
- Jim brings up Robert Irvine and talks of hiring his wife Gail Kim in WWE to segue-way into JB's work with Robert. JB and Irvine own a production company together.
- Ross and JB again joke of calling a show together and how one must put in hard work and long hours to have longevity and success in the business.
- 1.5.16 will open hot and make a statement out of the gate, says JB, Expect fireworks, he promises. Borash says "everyone is bringing their A Game, believe me". Ross talks of it being a great opportunity for the company while Borash describes it as "fresh paint on a brand new canvas". The show will leave a lasting impression, proclaims Jeremy.
- Keith Mitchell is praised for his WCW work being so innovative.
- Jim says he wants the company to do so well and is eager to see the show on Tuesday. Ross wishes JB and the company "a hell of a show and all the success in the world" as they wrap the interview.
Be sure to give the full podcast a listen: