Jeremy Borash Believes TNA is the #1 Wrestling Company

5685 Views 79 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  Hotdiggity11

Sorry if it's been posted.
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

· Registered
4,026 Posts
The Miz is garbage!
did i defend the miz on my post? nope

what do i think of the miz? his reign has been the worst booked since rey mysterio and jack swagger, they shot themselves in the foot by making their mania match while also throwing in the rock

but that's 1 of the 2 world titles, so far? the stronger title is the world heavyweight, it had better booking, it had less stupid decisions taken around him (january for example)

however... unlike david arquette... miz can actually give a 4 star match at best, i'm hoping he gets a better booking once they get the title off him, because right now he's been an atrocious champion

· Registered
625 Posts
did i defend the miz on my post? nope

what do i think of the miz? his reign has been the worst booked since rey mysterio and jack swagger, they shot themselves in the foot by making their mania match while also throwing in the rock

but that's 1 of the 2 world titles, so far? the stronger title is the world heavyweight, it had better booking, it had less stupid decisions taken around him (january for example)

however... unlike david arquette... miz can actually give a 4 star match at best, i'm hoping he gets a better booking once they get the title off him, because right now he's been an atrocious champion
I don't know why everybody puts Arquette in this thread. He is not a former TNA champion, he is WCW mistake. So Vince Russo made a desperate move, he's done many bullshits, though everybody seems to forget that he also took big part in making Steve Austin, The Rock, DX, etc.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
I don't know why everybody puts Arquette in this thread. He is not a former TNA champion, he is WCW mistake. So Vince Russo made a desperate move, he's done many bullshits, though everybody seems to forget that he also took big part in making Steve Austin, The Rock, DX, etc.
you were the one who brought up arquette, i didn't

i haven't forgotten that he gave awesome things, but just because he did something good in the past it doesn't excuse him for all the crap he has done, it's the same with everyone, no exception, what you did in the past doesn't matter, because ITS IN THE PAST, right now he's doing nothing but cling to that past, same as hogan, neither guy has done anything positive for TNA, the awarenes has raised, but the viewership still can't grow and stay up except for a few mediocre results

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Well, TNA has better promos, segments, storylines, wrestling and wrestlers than WWE, so...yeah, in that aspect, but WWE is number one company in brainwashing sheeps so they could think guys like Miz have talent!
:lmao :lmao :lmao

The only thing I could agree with in this laughable statement is that TNA's talent is
better.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,636 Posts
Shame there focus is that of an entertainments company.

I agree on the wrestling though. Ive seen WWE houseshows, seen WCW houseshows, seen RAw live twice. All were blown away by both TNA houseshows ive been to.

But you get judged on your A product and Raw >>>> Impact.
Shame indeed.

The current TV Product is not to good in my opinion. They need a solid balance of Pro Wrestling (matches that last more than 3 seconds) & Entertainment (let me stress GOOD entertainment, not silly stuff, entertainment in terms of GOOD promos, GOOD video packages that allow you to get behind or hate a wrestler & GOOD storylines that will get people emotionally invested in.)

· Registered
625 Posts
you were the one who brought up arquette, i didn't

i haven't forgotten that he gave awesome things, but just because he did something good in the past it doesn't excuse him for all the crap he has done, it's the same with everyone, no exception, what you did in the past doesn't matter, because ITS IN THE PAST, right now he's doing nothing but cling to that past, same as hogan, neither guy has done anything positive for TNA, the awarenes has raised, but the viewership still can't grow and stay up except for a few mediocre results
I think Russo has done some good work for TNA as well. Jeff Hardy's character is(was) entertaining, I think Fourtune are very well build as a fraction recently, he has some good ideas. We can all agree that he is not reliable as a head writer but I think he is still a decent writer. I also agree that Hogan and Bischoff investment doesn't pay off good enough for now, but you wont find many guys who know wrestling as good as they do, so they need to continue their work in TNA. I think 2011 so far has been a lot better than 2010 for TNA, still not great but TNA's been doing good ratings since January and I think they are doing a great job at building the ME and the feuds aroung the heavyweight title with Anderson, RVD and Sting, potentially Kurt Angle and AJ it seems very solid ME scene for TNA.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
I think Russo has done some good work for TNA as well. Jeff Hardy's character is(was) entertaining, I think Fourtune are very well build as a fraction recently, he has some good ideas. We can all agree that he is not reliable as a head writer but I think he is still a decent writer. I also agree that Hogan and Bischoff investment doesn't pay off good enough for now, but you wont find many guys who know wrestling as good as they do, so they need to continue their work in TNA. I think 2011 so far has been a lot better than 2010 for TNA, still not great but TNA's been doing good ratings since January and I think they are doing a great job at building the ME and the feuds aroung the heavyweight title with Anderson, RVD and Sting, potentially Kurt Angle and AJ it seems very solid ME scene for TNA.
well i agree wtih most of your post, glad to see we can get to discuss things properly

about russo having good ideas, i admit it, the guy has good ideas, problem is that 8 out of 10 times he doesn't know how to apply them, and when he does they give the opposite result

· Registered
455 Posts
You're a blind TNA fanboy. How do I know this? 'Cause your post doesn't make sense. The Miz is a fine WWE Champion, he has created more media buzz than any TNA champion ever did. Not to mention calling Miz an awful promo cutter is utterly ridiculous. But I get it, you don't like The Miz, you don't like John Cena. Fact is, the WWE storylines are 90% of the time fine, and the times they do stupid shit they redeem themselves well. Defending a title by opening a fucking box is WAY more retarded than having a guy like The Miz as WWE Champ, who had been receiving a slow push for a year prior to winning it and worked the media like crazy. A WWE Half of Fame ring giving someone magic powers is more retarded than anything the WWE has done in ages. TNA has done so much stupid shit the last 14 months or so, you could dedicate a whole wrestlecrap book to it.

TNA isn't number one in anything. Not even wrestling wise anymore. That used to be their "thing". The X Division and all that jazz. Last Impact had 10 minutes of wrestling overall or something? PPV matches suck ass, except for the usual great tag matches. Meanwhile, the WWE is building a fine roster with talented in-ring wrestlers like Ziggler and Swagger. Instead of focusing on wrestling, which set TNA apart in the first place, Russo focuses on "sports entertainment", like the WWE, but TNA does it worse.
Funny you bring up "wrestling." WWE and Vince McMahon are ashamed of who they are. They have an inferiority complex and would whore themselves out to a D-list celebrity any day of the week. Quite sad actually.

And The Miz is horrible and is the definition of the WWE's cookie-cutter mentality.

· Registered
397 Posts
LOL at TNA fans and employees making these WWE v. TNA arguments and comparisons as if TNA is providing legit competition. I guess nobody ever learned a thing from TNA getting their asses kicked last year that they had to retreat. The fact that TNA is still concerning themselves with WWE is a joke and speaks volumes about how screwed up that company is. TNA continues to prove that they can't even get their own shit together so how in the world are they going to compete against WWE. This isn't WCW from 15 years ago or UFC from today. The numbers TNA draws all across the borad is a joke compared to WWE in any era or anhy other past promotion that was considered to be major league whether it was WCW or the territories in the 1980'. They're lucky they have a deal with Spike TV and careless money marks.

· Banned
4,265 Posts
I've not read through the rest of this thread.

Has it by any chance turned into a fanboy flame war like many threads in the TNA section?

Seriously guys, read my sig, and stop this bullshit.

· The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,950 Posts
Funny you bring up "wrestling." WWE and Vince McMahon are ashamed of who they are. They have an inferiority complex and would whore themselves out to a D-list celebrity any day of the week. Quite sad actually.

And The Miz is horrible and is the definition of the WWE's cookie-cutter mentality.
Why is TNA better wrestling wise again? Lemme guess, you're gonna name the MCMGuns, AJ Styles. Kurt Angle who only wrestles once per month. A washed up Sting is the TNA Champ. Anderson is average, RVD is average nowadays, Ray is bad, and Styles is supposedly kayfabe injured; yay, take out your most exciting wrestler, awesome. Funny how things can change over a few years. Now the WWE clearly has the future, TNA has the past and a bunch of guys who should have been pushed a looong time ago (like Roode, who should have been a former TNA World Champ by now).

· Banned
533 Posts
Some guys only work there because it is a much easier schedule. They do 2-3 weeks of tapings in 2-3 consecutive days, so there is a lot of time off between tapings. They do house shows too, but not all talent works every house show. Some of them hardly work any.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.