Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Charismatic Enigma
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hilarious and he comes off as a real douchebag now.. I can't wait to see more of him like this

What are your thoughts on this new MMA Jarrett?

·
Banned
295 Posts
It's hilarious and great at getting heat. Tonight people were cussing him and throwing stuff at him. I have always kind of thought that Jarrett got a bad wrap on the internet. A lot of which I think is both carryover from his WCW Russo push and his early TNA Triple H like unbeatable phase.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I like the way he works the crowd. "Did you guys pass through the metal detector tonight?" Very crude, but that's the way a heel should be.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
Jeff Jarrett needs to retire as soon as possible. NO ONE has ever want to see his boring ass. The only thing amazing about him is his large ego. It's kinda sad that he's given himself thousand of reigns as world champion and yet, nobody still gives a crap about him. He's completely irrelevant. All he's doing is stealing the spotlight from younger wrestlers who are 10x more entertaining than him.

GO AWAY JARRETT!

·
HEADBANGA
24,311 Posts
This gimmick is pure gold. I'm loving it at the moment and he's been hilarious as fuck with he's doing at the moment. I can't wait until Jarrett and Angle interact again.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Jeff Jarrett needs to retire as soon as possible. NO ONE has ever want to see his boring ass. The only thing amazing about him is his large ego. It's kinda sad that he's given himself thousand of reigns as world champion and yet, nobody still gives a crap about him. He's completely irrelevant. All he's doing is stealing the spotlight from younger wrestlers who are 10x more entertaining than him.

GO AWAY JARRETT!
I think the question here that everyone wants to know is...

In all seriousness though, this MMA bit is actually making me want to watch him. I hadn't had the chance to watch Impact for a while, but when I finally got to see what all the fuss was about, that shit had me rollin'.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Even better than the fact his heel gimmick is working and very funny, is that he essentially fueling a feud with two wrestlers. hopefully he goes at it with Joe, BEFORE Angle, thus giving Angle a much needed break.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
This is just a TNA ploy to advertise their t-shirts. Its kinda funny but kinda dumb at the same time.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Jeff Jarret sucks and this 'MMA gimmick' further proves how retarded TNA is. Having a fake wrestler pretend to something that is real is beyond stupidity. I bet every MMA fan who happened to catch this angle on TV thought to themselves "WOW, Pro-Wrestling having fake MMA fights? Now I know why I stopped watching wrestling....". I get that TNA is trying to appeal to whats 'in' nowadays but this is the WRONG way to do it.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Jeff Jarret sucks and this 'MMA gimmick' further proves how retarded TNA is. Having a fake wrestler pretend to something that is real is beyond stupidity. I bet every MMA fan who happened to catch this angle on TV thought to themselves "WOW, Pro-Wrestling having fake MMA fights? Now I know why I stopped watching wrestling....". I get that TNA is trying to appeal to whats 'in' nowadays but this is the WRONG way to do it.
your missing the point this whole mma gimmick is to make jeff draw heat which it is and for angle to come back a whoop his ass, did u see impact how fans wanting to hurt jeff

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
your missing the point this whole mma gimmick is to make jeff draw heat which it is and for angle to come back a whoop his ass, did u see impact how fans wanting to hurt jeff
Theres plenty of ways to draw heat without making a mockery of the business thats kicking your ass right now. And sure it got heat but this is the IMPACT ZONE we are talking about. They are probably the worst wrestling fans to build your angles and roster around since the Impact Zone have become 'cast members' that cheer or boo for anyone or anything that TNA tells them. I'm pretty sure TNA management is using this MMA angle with hope that it maybe will attract MMA fans since MMA is the shit right now but ultimately it will fail because MMA is their competition. Not only that but trying to sell Jarret's antics as legit is intelligence insulting since 'calling out a fan' is something that they use to do in the CARNIVAL days when people didn't know it was fake. It just goes to show how ass-backwards their thinking is and what time period they're living in.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Jarrett's MMA gimmick is pretty bad for one simple reason: it has derailed him and his momentum. He was on a roll after Bound for Glory because he was turning back into the douche we have always loved to see get his ass kicked and pretty much getting the most heat out of everybody in Immortal. Then TNA in all their wisdom decided to go and turn him into an MMA enthusiast. He still has a few of his douche qualities, but he was essentially nerfed from the peak of the two iMPACTS after BFG.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts

GO AWAY JARRETT!
Jarrett's only remaining relevance was his verbal jabs at Kurt Angle which he's basically beat into the ground. It was only interesting because it's totally fucked up that he hooked up with Kurt's ex-wife.

The MMA shit is stupid as hell as well as a giant waste of time where there could be actual wrestling matches. Spot on with the title reign comment too. I mean this is a guy that was once associated with the word(s) slap nuts. Please stop wasting TV time Jarrett.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Theres plenty of ways to draw heat without making a mockery of the business thats kicking your ass right now. And sure it got heat but this is the IMPACT ZONE we are talking about. They are probably the worst wrestling fans to build your angles and roster around since the Impact Zone have become 'cast members' that cheer or boo for anyone or anything that TNA tells them. I'm pretty sure TNA management is using this MMA angle with hope that it maybe will attract MMA fans since MMA is the shit right now but ultimately it will fail because MMA is their competition. Not only that but trying to sell Jarret's antics as legit is intelligence insulting since 'calling out a fan' is something that they use to do in the CARNIVAL days when people didn't know it was fake. It just goes to show how ass-backwards their thinking is and what time period they're living in.
tna is using this angle to bring back angle without lying about the retirement, the semgent is entertaining just relax its just wrestling show

·
Registered
912 Posts
Jarrett's MMA gimmick is pretty bad for one simple reason: it has derailed him and his momentum. He was on a roll after Bound for Glory because he was turning back into the douche we have always loved to see get his ass kicked and pretty much getting the most heat out of everybody in Immortal. Then TNA in all their wisdom decided to go and turn him into an MMA enthusiast. He still has a few of his douche qualities, but he was essentially nerfed from the peak of the two iMPACTS after BFG.
If anything, he's GAINED momentum. Seriously, if you just let the fact that it's JEFF JARRETT doing this gimmick sink in and not take it too seriously (which is why the angle works, because it's SUPPOSED to be ridiculous as Jarrett became full of himself thinking that he's an MMA expert because he "choked out" a wrestler who actually DOES have an MMA-like style) you should find it very entertaining. It has prouced these great lines:

"You gotta crank on it! Gotta crank on it!" (demonstrating the rear naked choke)
No, Ken Shamrock did, and I perfected it." (in regards to who invented the anklelock)

It also led to Jarrett having his own MMA school in the storyline, which was referred to as a dojo by the announcers on Impact, and Jarrett being accompanied by his students the last couple shows... seriously, what's not to like? This is way better than any other time MMA had involvement in wrestling (the MMA segments were by far the worst part of the last Angle/Joe feud), as well as every time boxing's been involved.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
1. The whole "cast members" joke is still alive? Anyways, the video shows TNA fans being clearly unhappy after TNA's attempt to make people stop chanting insults.
2. "They are probably the worst wrestling fans to build your angles and roster around', yet JJ proves you clearly wrong.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
tna is using this angle to bring back angle without lying about the retirement, the semgent is entertaining just relax its just wrestling show
I'm completely relaxed I just have no problem with calling bullshit when I see it. If you find this whole angle entertaining thats fine, but the fact that they are doing it just makes their company look like a joke.

I mean why did they have to go the MMA route? Couldn't they have just made Jarret claim that hes the best WRESTLER in the world without all that MMA crap and instead of challenging 'fans' to fake MMA fights have him challenge jobbers? I mean not only would that keep your company from looking retarded by mocking MMA but at the same time it makes more sense because Kurt Angle is considered the best. So by having Jarret mock Kurt and his wrestling ability would be more fitting.

1. The whole "cast members" joke is still alive? Anyways, the video shows TNA fans being clearly unhappy after TNA's attempt to make people stop chanting insults.
2. "They are probably the worst wrestling fans to build your angles and roster around', yet JJ proves you clearly wrong.
1. Its not a joke its fact.
2. How has double J proven anything but the fact that the Impact Zone fans are mindless sheep? Do you honestly believe the Impact Zone has any credibility on building who you should and shouldn't push? For fuck sake I've heard Devon chants, Rob Terry Chants, and even "Simply the greatest" chants. Yes the Impact Zone actually cheered for ORLANDO JORDAN.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
1. Its not a joke its fact.
2. How has double J proven anything but the fact that the Impact Zone fans are mindless sheep? Do you honestly believe the Impact Zone has any credibility on building who you should and shouldn't push? For fuck sake I've heard Devon chants, Rob Terry Chants, and even "Simply the greatest" chants. Yes the Impact Zone actually cheered for ORLANDO JORDAN.
1. What is a fact? What I just told you and you ignored?
2. Chants like "Simply the greatest" are created by the "Crucial Crew", smarks(people like yourself). The crowd that JJ is working right now is just your usual wrestling crowd. "Demon child", "OMFGGreatKhali black guy", the list goes on.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts