Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you feel about him? Did anyone enjoy him in any of his WWE or WCW runs? What is his legacy in the business?

I have only seen TNA a few times close to 10 years ago so I can't really give an opinion on his work there. But if anyone has opinions on that I guess feel free to share.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Double J to me was an icon in wrestling. He has been apart of some of the best TNA matches ever.

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts
I actually liked Jarrett in the WWF. His "Dont Piss Me Off" days, where he would disrespect women. That was cool. And his original theme is one of the best themes of all time.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He seemed to be forced and dull in my eyes. Had no personality and was made to look like a lot greater than he actually was. Other than his "shoot" I don't remember any enjoyable moments of his.

Kinda like Dustin Rhodes before he became Goldust.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I actually liked Jarrett in the WWF. His "Dont Piss Me Off" days, where he would disrespect women. That was cool. And his original theme is one of the best themes of all time.

That theme is amazing, never gets old.

With this said, the only time Jarrett was entertaining to me was when he was in his "Double J" gimmick, between 1993-1996 and a little bit in 1998, when he used that gimmick again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I always liked him, thought he was one of the best heels in the biz. His guitar shots, disrespecting women, all of it, really good. Loved the whole Kurt Angle feud he had with Karen in TNA. One of my favorite Double J moments was on RAW when Ben Stiller came out to promote Mystery Men and Double J attacked him for wanting to see Debra's puppies. HAHA.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Jeff Jarrett was always decent. He was solid on the mic and solid in the ring but nothing special, he lacked that "it factor" people keep talking about. He's like Wade Barrett is today he had all the tools but he couldn't find that thing to put it all together. And his WCW run was just strange as hell, he was pushed heavily out the door (he even joined the Four Horsemen even though the Horsemen didn't even want him) and then when WCW tried to push him heavily, they would develop ADD and he'd go back to being average Jeff Jarrett before being pushed heavily again. At one point I think he lost the WCW title at the beginning of Nitro only to win the title at the end of Nitro and then lose it on the following weeks Nitro or Thunder (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) Though his Double j run where he spelt his name out and was a country singer was pretty entertaining and it also brought in Road Dogg as "The Roadie" so atleast 1 good thing came out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
J-E-Double-F J-A-Double-R-E-Double-T

This is what I will always remember when I think of Jeff Jarrett.

I always thought he felt like he was better than he actually was. I disliked the guy from the first vignette I saw of him and after his first match in WWE in 1993 it solidified that I would never like the guy. IMO he's just not entertaining.

And what was with those tights he wore in the 90's during his first WWE and WCW stints? It looked like he was wearing bondage gear.

I always thought he tried to rip-off Ric Flair. The bleached hair, the strutting and using the figure four.

I was just curious what people thought of the guy.

Here is something to ponder though. What if he hadn't extorted Vince to drop the IC title to Chyna when he left the 2nd time? Would Vince have brought him back to WWE when they bought WCW? Would TNA exist? What would the #2 promotion be right now? Ring of Honor? Something else?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I liked him during his WWF run in 1999 but never felt he was quite good enough to be at main event level. Didn't Stone Cold apparently refuse to work a programme with him in 1999 which led to his departure to WCW? I liked him at first in WCW but soon grew tired of him and by the time he was in TNA he really bored me.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Always been a fan of jarrett. Good in the ring and a great heel on the mic. He has put on some superb matches in TNA during his tenure there.

Never understood the level of hatred he got.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
mid card / tag team division for life, didn't deserve any more. Had some fun matches and moments but never had the look or feel of someone who could carry the company.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Always been a fan of jarrett. Good in the ring and a great heel on the mic. He has put on some superb matches in TNA during his tenure there.

Never understood the level of hatred he got.
I'm sure a lot of the hate comes from him starting his own company and making himself the focal point of the championship picture

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I didn't watch wcw but his wwf run was good, he was a good entertaining mid- carder, much better than anyone in the mid card of the current roster . He was also extremely funny , IMO at least , in the role of the dominant heel in TNA he was the anti-HHH .

·
Registered
557 Posts
Always like Double J. Natural born heel. Great on the mic, good in the ring.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts