Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Jeff Jarrett brought up the World Cup, saying that there was talk of AAA, Pro Wrestling NOAH and Impact working together for the annual World Cup trios tournament, saying it would be in Japan in October but it’s not a done deal. It’ll be hard because the guy from Japan who was key the previous years had a falling out with AAA and was helping The Crash.

Some ratings updates from the U.K. The first week show, as reported earlier, did 151,000 viewers on Spike U.K., which is about what the show had been doing on Challenge at the end, or slightly better. It was the fifth most watched show on the station for the week. It’s double to triple what Raw does on Sky, but Spike is available in far more homes. The second show on 4/28 we didn’t get a number on as it wasn’t among the highest rated shows on the station and would have been less than 129,000. The 5/5 show did 135,000 viewers.

Matt Sydal has signed here so he’ll be regular from this point forward.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Matt Sydal is a huge signing. He has a good following in the IWC. He also has some fans still in WWE I'm sure. Anthem should pay for some adds on USA during WWE programming to advertise him on Impact. Though if they did that they would probably draw Vince's attention, and he would go back to his old habbit of purposely sabotaging any competition to protect his monopoly.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Matt Sydal is a huge signing. He has a good following in the IWC. He also has some fans still in WWE I'm sure. Anthem should pay for some adds on USA during WWE programming to advertise him on Impact. Though if they did that they would probably draw Vince's attention, and he would go back to his old habbit of purposely sabotaging any competition to protect his monopoly.

They're still on pop tv they're not close to competition as long as they're on that bush league network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
They're still on pop tv they're not close to competition as long as they're on that bush league network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Neither was ECW. VInce doesn't care. Anything that could even remotely compete with WWE must be destroyed. They've sabotaged TNA before. In 2010, when it was announced that TNA would tour weekly, he somehow got ahold of a list of the venues TNA was hoping to perform in, and turned around and signed exclusive deals with those vanues for WWE house shows. Meanjng they were not allowed to book any other wrestling shows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts