Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never ever liked Jeff Jarrett, I never understood how he was a main eventer and never cared about anything he was doing, but I have to say, this MMA angle is brilliant. I love it, the segment with him and the kids was absolutely hilarious, it's pretty funny how in the storyline his ego is making him believe he rules at MMA, when reallly all his wins are after some form of dirty tactics, it's awesome when he does something like choke someone out with a baton, or hit someone with a guitar in an MMA match and then choke them out, the Double J Double M A stuff was great too, and what's not to love about him running away like a chicken shit from Kurt Angle. So the MMA match with Jesse Neal was about as unrealisitc as wrestling get's, that's TNA, and it was still as entertaining as hell.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The segments are funny but the MMA matches are retarded and unnecessary.
His match with Neal was one of the most entertaining, no, THE most entertaining part of the show, and it really get's over how arrogant the guy is, and helps set up well for his feuds with Joe and Angle.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
I have really been enjoying Jarrett's character. I even enjoy the matches. I agree that if they tried duplicating MMA style matches, it'd be pretty stupid and pointless, but the fact that he's obviously cheating and then applying his amazing submission maneuvers just adds to the angle. I never thought that Jarrett would be the most entertaining part of a show, but he's been rocking it these last coupla weeks.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i gotta admit, jeff's MMA gimmick has grown on me, lets hope he keeps it that way, and i really hope they give joe the victory at the ppv, it will be dumb if they dont, all the booking here has been perfect to lead for a samoa joe victory

JJ mma is really a rare good angle they're having so far... they just need to shorten the MMA matches

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Probably the only thing TNA has going on for it right now but it's far from GOLD. Once Jarrett and Joe put on another boring match at Final Resolution the story line will end and Jarrett wil go on to job to Kurt Angle who is the only person in professional wrestling that can carry Jarrett. Unfortunately you don't have to be a good wrestler to be a jealous seeking asshole because your wife died and your a horrible professional wrestler with nothing left but to make some other guy who is a all time great wrestler jealous of you. Which he's failed at as well. I guess Jarrett/Angle feud will be Hogan's idea of "finally shooting and it's all about drawing money brother" which is yet another stupid thing somebody in TNA has said in the last year.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Jeff Jarrett MMA angle = Shit

The whole angle is such a waste of time, that I finally have quit watching TNA. Over the last few years TNA chased me away more and more. But with the current lack of ANY excitement and with these 3 bad main stories it's just too much: Dixie vs. Immortals, Jarrett stupid ego run, Matt Morgans boring push.

While I agree that Jarrett had some good mic performances (not the children segment, which was pointless), his sole presence brings TNA down.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All his stuff since this angle started has been the most entertaining stuff on each impact, a little OTT, sure, but it makes me laugh and I look forward to seeing it, the only angle I feel that way about in wrestling. Hell, it even encouraged me to dedicate my sig to it :p

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also, the last minute or so of his match with Jesse Neal was one of the most entertaining things EVER. The ref bump in a fucking MMA match, the guitar shot, cleaning up the ring, and the sleeper, fucking gold I tell ya!

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
MMA Jarrett is hilarious.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I absolutely love it.
The comedy has made me like the show more each week. A lot of boring wrestlers have much better gimmicks now.

JJ, OJ, EY, Hardy

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
There was something so ridiculous about the juxtoposition between MMA-styled Jarrett and the casket at ringside that I almost completely enjoyed it. It'll be funny for another week or so, but I hope they don't drag it out any further.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I absolutely love it.
The comedy has made me like the show more each week. A lot of boring wrestlers have much better gimmicks now.

JJ, OJ, EY, Hardy
Im noticing that too. Ive hated EY for instance, but the past couple weeks....theres definitely a comedic quality there. Something about seeing him be a random waiter in the background on Thanksgiving had me cracking up, even when he wasnt saying one word. Im much more a fan of subtle comedy, but even the chaps thing got a little grin out of me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts