Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the rise and fall of WCW DVD, some guy, not sure who, said that Jarrett thought in his stupid Tennessee brain that he was bigger than Hogan, he smashed a thousand guitars, never drew a dime and didn't get over. Vince McMahon said in 1998 he made a mistake thinking Jarrett would get over and puching him. Yet Jarrett is a multi time world champion, a pretty talented wrestler, good on the mic, did he deserve his WCW title reigns? Was he a credible, over main eventer?

·
Registered
306 Posts
For me Jeff Jarrett lacks that little something to mark him out as a top main eventer.

But then I only really know him from TNA.

Oh, and would he stop saying "Are you kidding me?" all the time! :lmao

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Jarrett's a solid worker, but he's really never been as good as he was booked towards the end of WCW and in 2002-2006 TNA. He's credible, just not a main eventer.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Jarrett is decent in the ring, knows how to speak on the microphone (sort of), and is one of the most bland, boring wrestlers there has ever been. Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none guy, I could never stand him, especially when he was champion or in some feud acting like he was something special. He got the belt in WCW when everyone good left and his boy was booking, then In TNA, he started the damn company, booked himself as champ, and hired back his pal russo. Fraud main eventer.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I've always liked Jarrett. He really has no weaknesses. He can cut a promo, he can wrestle, he has charisma and he's always looked the part. So what if he can't draw? Chris Jericho has never drawn a penny and everyone thinks he's god.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Slap-nuts Jarrett was a great heel, I think if WCW stayed around he would been one of the main heels he is so great at doing that character.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
I like Jarrett acrtually but he is much better and more liked imo when he isnt in the main event scene.

·
Registered
673 Posts
He's good in the ring, he can cut a promo, but Jarret is good as a heel.

Very boring as a babyface.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
As a heel, yeah. He's stale as a face, but I love the guy as a heel. Right now he has little to no personality. He fits the heel role perfectly imo

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He's good in the ring, he can cut a promo, but Jarret is good as a heel.

Very boring as a babyface.
This.

Jarrett was great heel back in 2004-2005.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Jeff Jarrett definitely was a credible main-eventer in WCW and in his early TNA days. He's very talented in the ring and can be good on the mic as well. And he's willing to put guys over.

But at this point in his career, I think he works better as
1. a heel
2. an upper midcarder, helping younger midcard guys go over to the main event

A heel Jarrett vs face Pope feud could do wonders for Pope in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts