Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find this super annoying. Im a fan of MMA, but I'm not trying to watch MMA referenced in wrestling. I liked pro wrestling way before MMA was even relevent and just seeing being used is stupid and makes the company look amateur. TNA is pretty much saying "Ya what we do is fake" this is MMA real stuff"

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
How exactly they are saying its fake? It was a pure comedy/heel wankfest segment from Double J.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
its fucking awesome because MMA is lame as hell, and hes trying to make fun of it, sort of.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Does anyone else find this super annoying. Im a fan of MMA, but I'm not trying to watch MMA referenced in wrestling. I liked pro wrestling way before MMA was even relevent and just seeing being used is stupid and makes the company look amateur. TNA is pretty much saying "Ya what we do is fake" this is MMA real stuff"
He's a heel. You're not meant to like what he does. Plus he's Jeff Jerrett who I know a lot of people find mediocre. This has been getting him some real heat.

Nothing in wrestling is forever. It'll pass but hopefully the heat he gets will stay.

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
It's retarded and out dated.

He's claiming that he learned these holds from Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock. Both men haven't been relevant since the 90s.

Also, he's pretty much saying that everything else is fake. Totally retarded.

·
Banned
858 Posts
He's claiming that he learned these holds from Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock. Both men haven't been relevant since the 90s.
Yeah, mate, that was a tease since you know, both moves he was doing there are used by the two guys he's feuding with.

I love it how there are some people who hate the stuff the heel does (which is kinda the point) and then try to reason that's it because the technical execution of the segment wasn't up to scratch as they are far too smart to actually get caught up in the show.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I like the gimmick and that is really saying something because I have never liked Double J Jeff Jarrett in any company at any time ever. He has been the worst part of TNA for years, the MMA gimmick + being in Immortal has put an end to that.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
That segment was pretty funny, tbh.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
It's retarded and out dated.

Also, he's pretty much saying that everything else is fake. Totally retarded.
It's not actually out of date. You CAN learn moves from guys that aren't in their prime anymore. Why do you think most martial arts trainers in films usually look old and wise? lol

There's nothing wrong with mentioning legends from back in the day.

It's heel heat. You hated it. It works.

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
It's not actually out of date. You CAN learn moves from guys that aren't in their prime anymore. Why do you think most martial arts trainers in films usually look old and wise? lol

There's nothing wrong with mentioning legends from back in the day.
It's heel heat. You hated it. It works.[/QUOTE] Watch one of Ken Shamrock/Royce Gracie most recent fights, they look terrible. Especially Ken. Learning moves from them tarnishes Jeff's already trash gimmick.

But, then again, TNA is totally stuck in the 90s.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Nah, I know Shamrock's been terrible lol. It still doesn't take away the fact that, while Shamrock MAY not be able to move as fastly as he can or be as powerful as he can, technique can still be taught to anyone and they can pretty much work with it how they choose. I think it works with Jarrett naming older more "experienced" guys over guys that are still making a name for themselves. Sure a more recent fighter could've been named, but it's nothing too bad if they were quite good back in the day. Old wrestlers open schools to teach up and comers new thigns as MMA fighters do the same thing. I still see nothing wrong with it as long as you're explaining how to do things and where one person does right and how they get a technique wrong

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I really dont why you need MMA in wrestling. Harley Race could have probably beat the shit of every man on the planet back in his prime. You could adapt some MMA moves, but isnt wrestling as aspect of some styles of MMA. If you draw the line and say 'This is real', well then, what does that make the rest of your show?

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
If you saw season 3 of The Ultimate Fighter, you'd know that Ken can't teach worth a SHIT.

Al I am saying is that they could have used more recent names. Thought, it wouldn't really help since this gimmick is dead to begin with.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
That was the first season I saw and is actuallly one of my favs :p

I do know what you mean though. I haven't seen Impact, but I'm pretty sure he mentiioned Mir if his name still means anything

1 - 20 of 96 Posts