Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on Jeff Hardy's time in TNA?
I think it's really underappreciated, to the extent that he influenced the promotion more than any other wrestler in the history of the company.
2004 he showed up for a couple of the Asylum shows and created a buzz.
Then in 2005/2006 (can't remember which one) he returned and there was a short term buzz around that as well.
2010 he made the jump from WWE at a time when he arguably was the worlds second most popular wrestler (behind John Cena). That point really gets forgotten about when you had other big names like Hogan, Flair and RVD joining TNA.
2011 he was involved in the debacle at Victory Road which led to an upswing in ratings, followed by his 2012 'one more shot' redemption.
Then their was the Broken Hardy's he was involved in about 5 years ago which was the hottest thing in all of professional wrestler.
He's changed his character so many times with the Broken Universe, Willow, Ant-Christ of Pro Wrestling, Itch-Weed, Charismatic Enigma, the face-paint gimmick etc.
Honestly I sound like a Hardy mark but I'm indifferent towards him. The eyeballs he managed to get on the product at different points for nearly a decade for different reasons though... I just don't think any other wrestler can compare?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Jeff was great for the company, the company (in large) was great for Jeff. He let himself down now & again, but he always seemed a lot happier here than in WWE.

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
217 Posts
I think everyone can agree - aside from Jeff's slip-up @ Victory Road... his TNA career was great. I believe he had a lot more fun and was happier in TNA like the poster above mentioned.

When AJ Styles' TNA career started to fizzle out, Jeff was there to step up as TNA's flagship guy and really carried the company from 2014-2016.

P.S. The Immortal World Championship was a great design!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff was great for the company, the company (in large) was great for Jeff. He let himself down now & again, but he always seemed a lot happier here than in WWE.
Jeff really seems miserable in his latest WWE run. I think the travel is too draining on him.
Also he's somewhat of an artist and the creative control he had over his character in TNA kept him happy and was probably one of the other reasons he stuck around for so long.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Even though he had creative freedom i feel he wasn't utilized well. But he had some cool aspects and some epic songs and some terrible

·
Registered
489 Posts
Jeff really seems miserable in his latest WWE run. I think the travel is too draining on him.
Also he's somewhat of an artist and the creative control he had over his character in TNA kept him happy and was probably one of the other reasons he stuck around for so long.
In WWE he always tends to go completely off the rails, I don't the schedule has ever suited him. I think he's given more freedom in WWE than most, if not all...but TNA, he was pure Jeff Hardy. Soon as his deal is up he's running to AEW or IMPACT for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts