Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Due to all the information we already received, this doesn´t seem like a storyline.
I´m really dissapointed, I mean Jeff´s been my fav wrestler for a long time, even met him in Germany when he was back with WWE.

And now? He´s done in my opinion! I mean his mic skills never really improved that much, the stuff he does in the ring was kind of half-ass lately!

He deserved to be treated the way the did at the PPV. No reason for him to be pissed about it at all. I guess we´ve seen the last of him!

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree it's bad to cheat the fans out of money for a ticket, however I just find it difficult to understand how a national television network would allow a drugged up idiot on stage in front of live cameras and an audience? This programme then being released on international tv?

If Eric wanted to give Sting and Hardy a last minute warning to "keep it short" when he came out to the ring and spoke to them off-mic, surely he had all night to do this before the main event started?

Why weren't the police all over Hardy afterwards? Arresting him? The whole thing trended on Twitter - if the courts wanted to convict him, surely this is all the evidence they need? Why wasn't he drug tested by TNA and fired?

Why would TNA "milk" the hell out of the buildup to the fight - I mean really milk it, even to the point where Eric pointlessly comes out to delay the start even further - for Hardy to delay it even more with his shirt throwing - to only encourage them to "end it quickly"?

At first I was shocked by it all, but on reflection, I think it's all a storyline. Hardy is now branded as a terrible person in pro-wrestling - the perfect heel persona. A wasted "doesn't care about anyone but himself" wrestler.

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a work. If it was a work TNA would have done it during a free Impact match, not a PPV main event. Way too many weird things were happening that night for it to have been a work.
I don't know, I hope it's actually a real thing and Jeff Hardy recieves the punishment and condemnation he deserves. It's a shame because he's a talented wrestler with a huge fan base.

I just can't imagine TNA management allowing someone in that state, to peform in the main event. It would have been so easy to have a "backstage incident" and let someone else take his place.

· Registered
3,177 Posts
I don't know, I hope it's actually a real thing and Jeff Hardy recieves the punishment and condemnation he deserves. It's a shame because he's a talented wrestler with a huge fan base.

I just can't imagine TNA management allowing someone in that state, to peform in the main event. It would have been so easy to have a "backstage incident" and let someone else take his place.
The story is they didn't know how bad off he was until literally a few minutes before the start of the match, they didn't have time. The whole situation is a major bummer, especially because I'm a huge fan of Jeff and I was really enjoying his latest TNA run. It's always been difficult to be a fan of Jeff's because his fuck ups keep him off of television a lot unfortunately. I really hope he gets his shit straight and comes back in a couple months.

· Registered
10,473 Posts
There's no way that this is a storyline. Russo isn't capable of coming up with something this intresting. Plus, as mentioned earlier, they are offering 6 months of free TNA on demand or something like that for anyone who ordered the PPV.

· Registered
4,841 Posts
I agree it's bad to cheat the fans out of money for a ticket, however I just find it difficult to understand how a national television network would allow a drugged up idiot on stage in front of live cameras and an audience? This programme then being released on international tv?

If Eric wanted to give Sting and Hardy a last minute warning to "keep it short" when he came out to the ring and spoke to them off-mic, surely he had all night to do this before the main event started?

Why weren't the police all over Hardy afterwards? Arresting him? The whole thing trended on Twitter - if the courts wanted to convict him, surely this is all the evidence they need? Why wasn't he drug tested by TNA and fired?

Why would TNA "milk" the hell out of the buildup to the fight - I mean really milk it, even to the point where Eric pointlessly comes out to delay the start even further - for Hardy to delay it even more with his shirt throwing - to only encourage them to "end it quickly"?

At first I was shocked by it all, but on reflection, I think it's all a storyline. Hardy is now branded as a terrible person in pro-wrestling - the perfect heel persona. A wasted "doesn't care about anyone but himself" wrestler.

TNA were stuck in a serious problem. For years they've had PPV matches ruined by no shows etc.. Scott Hall, Jeff Hardy in his 1st run, No Generation Me last month etc... And they've taken alot of hits to protect wrestlers. Then one of there biggest stars shows up high. They cant change another ppv main event and protect Hardy. Because thenthe fans would still cheers for him etc... So that is why they didnt pull him. TNA promised Sting vs Hardy they kind of delivered Sting vs Hardy.

Now TNA cannot come out and say they let someone high on drugs compete with all the stuff floating around about wrestler deaths etc... If they admit they knew then they open up alot of potential legal issues.

They've quietly suspended him and storyline Immortal have just kicked him out for letting immortal down. But now they face the problem of how do you fire someone you cant admit to knowing doing something wrong.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
Well, I think TNA will do the same thing WCW did with Scott Hall. They will use the real life fucked-up situation as on-screen story line. Yeah, I know...

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
I don't think its a storyline. I rewatched the matches and there really isn't a bad one on the card until you get to RVD/Mr Anderson, which is arguable. Styles/Matt Hardy was a nice 15 minute match with a good variety of wrestling moves and styles and it was well paced. To have a "work" take a shit over a decent PPV makes no sense to me. Then again, its TNA. I thought I learned to stop expecting things to make sense about half a year ago but I guess not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.