Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,595 Posts
He might not be as good as Raven on the mic, but there's no denying that Hardy's heel promos thus far are infinitely better than anything he ever did as a face.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
He might not be as good as Raven on the mic, but there's no denying that Hardy's heel promos thus far are infinitely better than anything he ever did as a face.
I've liked Hardy's heel promos, i definitely agree with that comment.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Hardy has done a decent job so far but he'll never be in Raven's league (or the league below him) as far as promos go

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
He reminds me of Raven, but in a better and more powerful way. As he has way more potential
fpalm

He may have more potential now, but the fact that Raven never won a WWF or WCW World Title brings shame on the entire industry. At this stage - comparatively - in the two men's careers, by which I mean their seventeenth year as a pro, Raven definitely had more untapped potential.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Raven on the mic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jeff Hardy on the mic.
this x593480569034

It's laughable to even compare Hardy to Raven.
Hardy has to do pre-recorded promos to knock a solid one out. God knows how many takes they do.
Raven is a GOD on the mic , creative and brilliant on the spot.

Quite frankly ... Hardy is a complete joke for being in the business this long and still being an embarrassment on the mic

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Nah, Raven's character was a lot less cocky and sure of himself than Jeff Hardy is. Raven pretty much thought he and everyone around him was worthless. His goal was to hurt the people that had hurt him in the past. Hardy's motivation is cash money.

If anything, I'd compare Jeff Hardy recently as a heel to the Rock when joined Vince's Corporation.

Raven would never call himself the "coolest thing in pro wrestling". His character was extremely insecure.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Also, I thought I'd mention this:

Raven is one of two wrestlers to hold legitimate gold in all four major pro wrestling companies of our time (ECW, TNA, WCW, WWF). Holding ECW and WCW gold in WWF after the former two companies went out of business totally doesn't count. Raven has held 2 ECW World Heavyweight Championships, 4 ECW World Tag Team Championships, 1 NWA-TNA World Heavyweight Championship, 1 WCW United States Championship, 1 WCW Light Heavyweight Championship, 1 WCW World Tag Team Championship, and 26 WWF Hardcore Championships. Plus a TNA King of the Mountain and literally DOZENS of independent promotion titles.

The only other person who has legitimately held gold in all four promotions is Mick Foley. To me it says a lot that every major wrestling promotion of our era put at least one strap around his waist, even if he was grossly misused by the WWF.

Raven has done everything there is to do in wrestling. Heavyweight, cruiserweight, hardcore, tag team. Main event, midcarder, jobber. WCW, WWF, ECW, TNA, ROH, other indie promotions. Raven's Nest, Raven's Flock, Serotonin, The Gathering, EV2.0. He has lead stables and he has been just another face in the crowd. He can play heel or face.

He is one of the greatest mic workers in the history of professional wrestling and he has been part of some of the best and most memorable storylines and feuds of all time. His creativity is unparalleled and he has perfected a character.
Raven v Dreamer?
Raven v Sandman?
The Nest?
Raven's Rules?
Raven/Rhino at Backlash 2001?
His relationships with Stevie Richards and Beulah?

Sorry, but Raven is one of the true wrestling icons of our time. He is one of the greatest to ever set foot in the ring.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Raven is Raven. Jeff is Jeff. Both are good. Problem solved.
They're in entirely different leagues. Hardy is entertaining for what he is, and he's one of the best in the business at this very moment. But Raven? He is in pretty elite company as far as accomplishments and contributions to the wrestling world.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
It seems as if Jeff is drawing his heel character from Raven's ECW/WCW stuff, but he's not copying it he is making it his own playing to his strengths and hiding his weaknesses, he is doing a fine job. Either way it is the most I've seen Jeff actually care about something he is doing since he debuted in TNA.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
He's got potential to be as half as good as Raven in terms of character. I mean for the past 10 years Hardy has been a babyface and a pretty corny one as well so it's really hard to think of Hardy in any heelish way atm.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Also, I thought I'd mention this:

Raven is one of two wrestlers to hold legitimate gold in all four major pro wrestling companies of our time (ECW, TNA, WCW, WWF). Holding ECW and WCW gold in WWF after the former two companies went out of business totally doesn't count. Raven has held 2 ECW World Heavyweight Championships, 4 ECW World Tag Team Championships, 1 NWA-TNA World Heavyweight Championship, 1 WCW United States Championship, 1 WCW Light Heavyweight Championship, 1 WCW World Tag Team Championship, and 26 WWF Hardcore Championships. Plus a TNA King of the Mountain and literally DOZENS of independent promotion titles.

The only other person who has legitimately held gold in all four promotions is Mick Foley. To me it says a lot that every major wrestling promotion of our era put at least one strap around his waist, even if he was grossly misused by the WWF.

Raven has done everything there is to do in wrestling. Heavyweight, cruiserweight, hardcore, tag team. Main event, midcarder, jobber. WCW, WWF, ECW, TNA, ROH, other indie promotions. Raven's Nest, Raven's Flock, Serotonin, The Gathering, EV2.0. He has lead stables and he has been just another face in the crowd. He can play heel or face.

He is one of the greatest mic workers in the history of professional wrestling and he has been part of some of the best and most memorable storylines and feuds of all time. His creativity is unparalleled and he has perfected a character.
Raven v Dreamer?
Raven v Sandman?
The Nest?
Raven's Rules?
Raven/Rhino at Backlash 2001?
His relationships with Stevie Richards and Beulah?

Sorry, but Raven is one of the true wrestling icons of our time. He is one of the greatest to ever set foot in the ring.
Preach the fu**ing gospel!!!

You said it better than anybody else.

His only problem now a days is his weight, which isn't entirely in his control considering he's a man in his late 40's with a bad thyroid condition.

It is criminal that he never got to fulfill his true potential in front of a main-stream audience in WWF. I would argue it was during that time that he was in his prime, and it was wasted by being the guy who ran after Hardcore matches.

He had some good moments from his debut up until Blacklash 2001, when it looked like Vince was simply waiting to push him. Sadly, that push never happened.

He played a huge role in elevating TNA in it's early days though, and I love 2003-2005 Raven in TNA. So I guess I wouldn't change history too much... but he should have AT LEAST had a long Intercontinental Title run.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts