Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201...rdy-on-roman-reigns-being-his-dream-opponent/

Former WWE RAW Tag Team Champions Matt and Jeff Hardy gave their first WWE interview to WWE Monday Night RAW's Corey Graves on the WWE Network special, Reborn By Fate. Among other things, Jeff talked about whether his personal demons are in check; Matt discussed the possibility of single's runs for the duo, and the pair named some dream opponents.

According to Jeff, he has no temptation from addiction now because he has not lost sight of the big picture and that is being there for his family.

"Temptation is obsolete to me. I've been there, done that, and I was one of the lucky ones. I've survived it. I just look forward to going to work and I look forward to going home, man, and seeing my family. In the long run, in the big picture, I'm doing this for them. There's no temptation to fall victim to addiction ever again."

In Matt's estimation, he and his brother, Jeff, will have their own single's runs in time.

"I'm very happy doing our tag team deal right now, but I think there will be a day when we both take on a single's role. Jeff has won the WWE title. That'd be my goal, try and win a major single's title. I like the process of taking risks to evolving and changing and I think that's one of the most exciting parts of this now. And I think that will happen when we both do our own thing as single's competitors."

While Jeff named Roman Reigns as a dream opponent, he noted that competing in Hell In A Cell is his most pressing priority.

"My main thing is a Hell In A Cell. I've never had one of those matches and whether it's a tag team Hell In A Cell or a single, I've got to do that before I'm done. That's on my bucket list for sure."

Matt listed Reigns, Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins, and Bray Wyatt as potential opponents.

"I think about matches with [Reigns] and myself. And I mean, guys like Finn, guys like Seth Rollins. Matt Hardy versus Bray Wyatt is going to be dynamite."
I personally would love to see it. Winner keeps the logo. @Tyrion Lannister Get in here and salivate at the idea of our dream match, man :reigns2

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
hahahahhahahahahaha Come really Jeff who is your dream match. Come really out of everyone ever you pick reigns. I find it funny that suddenly every one in wwe wants to face reigns and praises him but outside it's the complete opposite. Picking reigns as your dream match is the equivalent of picking Kevin Nash as your dream match. LOL he is such a troll isn't he?

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts
Jeff Hardy is a grown man and veteran. There's no gun pointed to his head to name Roman Reigns as his dream opponent. It's not as if he's ever cared about being politically correct.

I'd be here for Roman Reigns vs. Jeff Hardy; two distinct styles meeting in the ring and they seem to have developed a friendship outside the ring. That chemistry could translate into the ring.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Already setting up a way for the WWE to overlook that next positive drug test Jeff?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Jeff's style would actually mesh perfectly with Roman's more power-based wrestling.
And then there's the fact that in matches against other faces, Roman usually defaults to playing the heel in subtle ways, which would get people into any match between the two - especially as Jeff is, and has always been, super over as a face.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Big Dog beating Jeff clean at Mania

:eek:kada

·
Premium Member
27,101 Posts
Saw him say that recently in the Reborn By Fate interview. Would be a great match up for sure and I hope they actually end up doing it.

Reigns is a great wrestler so it is no surprise that we see many prominent names either praising him or saying they'd like a match with him.

·
Banned
581 Posts
It's incredible because almost 15 years ago to this date, a young daredevil in Jeff Hardy challenged The Undertaker in one of the most incredible matches in WWE history to try to seize possession of Taker's yard. Now with Taker gone after relinquishing his yard to none other than Roman Reigns, it's crazy to think that now, 15 years later, we could relive this exact scenario only this time with a veteran Jeff Hardy challenging a rampaging Reigns to try to get to the mountain top one last time. It's just these little details which make professional wrestling so incredible. I would be absolutely stoked for this match.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
Jeff Hardy is a grown man and veteran. There's no gun pointed to his head to name Roman Reigns as his dream opponent. It's not as if he's ever cared about being politically correct.

I'd be here for Roman Reigns vs. Jeff Hardy; two distinct styles meeting in the ring and they seem to have developed a friendship outside the ring. That chemistry could translate into the ring.
Well on he actually didn't say reigns was and two the liklihood that they got their friendship on he bases that they both failed drug tests

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
In before some says "WWE made him say that. No ones dream opponent is Roman Reigns cause he sucks wa wa"

But fuck yeah I love to see that match.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
I'd be up for that match.

But personally Jeff Hardy v AJ Styles is what I would rather see, but they probably had that match in TNA, so no surprise he would say Roman Reigns, Jeff has always worked well with bigger guys anyway.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts

Absolutely, he's the first wrestler in years to volunteer the name CM Punk, he did it in an after RAW seg, I believe.

Jeff and Roman would be fire, Reigns would work strong from the top like he does against Seth and Jeff could fly around being the babyface in peril. A crowd would be so hot for that and Roman's ability to work a crowd by talking shit to them during the lulls would pay off in spades against Jeff, they'd be wild for him in a way that Reigns can't, so far, get them to go for Seth.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts
Absolutely, he's the first wrestler in years to volunteer the name CM Punk, he did it in an after RAW seg, I believe.

Jeff and Roman would be fire, Reigns would work strong from the top like he does against Seth and Jeff could fly around being the babyface in peril. A crowd would be so hot for that and Roman's ability to work a crowd by talking shit to them during the lulls would pay off in spades against Jeff, they'd be wild for him in a way that Reigns can't, so far, get them to go for Seth.
Seth/Jeff needs to happen eventually. I've always liked the idea of those two wrestling but Reigns/Hardy should take place first. Reigns gives these natural faces so much heat since he reverts to defacto heel.

Well on he actually didn't say reigns was and two the liklihood that they got their friendship on he bases that they both failed drug tests
I've liked Jeff Hardy for years despite his faults. I don't need the wrestlers to be choir boys and girls. Reigns and Hardy both owned their mistakes and took their punishments. If Hardy and Reigns formed a bond over their issues, good for them.

The all time greats were sniffing cocaine before their matches. I'm not pearl clutching over the new school getting popped.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Seth/Jeff needs to happen eventually. I've always liked the idea of those two wrestling but Reigns/Hardy should take place first. Reigns gives these natural faces so much heat since he reverts to defacto heel.
He works as the heel against the smaller babyfaces, I'm 100% sure he'd do that against Jeff, because he even does it against Seth, who's not that smaller, but their wrestling styles accentuate the difference in their sizes.

The two very memorable times against Rollins that he worked the heel role wasn't just his aggressive nature in the match, it was him coming by to troll the crowd with, "Who sucks NOW?" and "That's why they call me the Big Dog, I hit hard!"

Both those matches, though, the crowd couldn't be turned from chanting at Roman to chanting at Seth.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff vs Roman tbh :shrug

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.