Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anyway, I didn't care much that JBL vs. Cena was mediocre. The Rey Mysterio/Angle/Orton triple threat at WM22 being just as short was a much bigger disappointment. The match could have used 5 more minutes or so. It felt like the 3 involved were moving a bit too fast and that kinda ruined it.
The triple threat at WrestleMania 22 was really short and, yeah, a real letdown considering the talent involved. Off topic, but I really wanted Randy Orton to win that match. I was a big Orton mark back in 2006 and every opportunity he seemed to get wound up leading to nothing for him (that Hogan match at SummerSlam still pisses me off). Rey’s title run was a bit shit.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The triple threat at WrestleMania 22 was really short and, yeah, a real letdown considering the talent involved. Off topic, but I really wanted Randy Orton to win that match. I was a big Orton mark back in 2006 and every opportunity he seemed to get wound up leading to nothing for him (that Hogan match at SummerSlam still pisses me off). Rey’s title run was a bit shit.
I wanted Kurt Angle to retain.

I HATED Rey's push. He only got the title because Eddie died. Plus, he lost the match against Orton at No Way Out 2006 where he put his number 1 contender spot on the line and yet Teddy Long just comes to the ring and tells Rey "you know what, Rey? Nevermind the loss. You're still main eventing and we're making it a triple threat instead of a singles match!". He basically got rewarded even though he lost.

And then they made him job cleanly to several guys, thus making the reign pointless and shitty.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
First I really heard of this. I know Cena's not the most liked guy but at that time it was the time to see JBL lose the title. Cena was as good as anyone to take the title from him.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I dont think WWE had any plans for Rock in 2005. It was that year that HHH/Vince just let Dwayne's contract expire without renewing it. Lots of people were claiming Vince/HHH were waiting for him to fail in Hollywood so he might come crawling back on their terms lmao

21 - 24 of 24 Posts