Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
20,848 Posts
How am I back peddling? You're the one that brought up the last month. Not once did I say he wasn't being a dick.
This below was you

Probably because he's still a massive dick in 2020.
So again where's the proof he's some massive dick these days? Last real incident seems to be Joey Styles knocking him out for drunk transgressions. Which was over 10+ years ago.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If a wrestlers personal conduct is justified means of excluding one from the HOF then 60% of the wrestlers in should've been unqualified.

·
Registered
69 Posts
JBL in before Owen Hart. SMDH

Further proof, if needed that it's nothing to do with talent. I'd love to know exactly what JBL has on Vince. The crap we know that JBL has pulled in the past, and he still got his way too long main event run, years being terrible on commentary, and now this.

Plus not being fired when the bullying and general assholery was made public.

I try to be positive about WWE's poor decisions, but this is one I can't get behind.
I don't think he has anything on Vince. He's just a Vince type of guy.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That line never made sense cause Triple H wasn't drawing shit back then and neither was Eddie
based on how they were booking HHH at the time that line made complete sense. also Eddie and HHH not drawing? not really true (Teddy). they were not on Austin or Rocks level but they were draws.

·
Angry at refs
2,838 Posts
So again where's the proof he's some massive dick these days? Last real incident seems to be Joey Styles knocking him out for drunk transgressions. Which was over 10+ years ago.
Yes, 2020 has been going longer than 1 month.
Really? Because he seems to target people constantly simply because he feels like being a dickhead on Twitter.

·
Registered
20,848 Posts
Yes, 2020 has been going longer than 1 month.
Really? Because he seems to target people constantly simply because he feels like being a dickhead on Twitter.
Again if jokes on Twitter is your basis, do you apply this to every wrestler on Twitter? Again still no evidence of this massive asshole behavior. Who's he being a targeting jerk too exactly?

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,701 Posts
That line never made sense cause Triple H wasn't drawing shit back then and neither was Eddie, the guy JBL beat for the title. Paul Heyman is the most meme person in wrestling ever.
You clearly missed the point of that line. He said that JBL was only champion because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays, meaning Triple H (not JBL) would have been Smackdown's heel champ if he'd felt like it. That has nothing whatsoever to do with drawing. Try to concentrate, people.

Why is he inducted on a stacked hall of fane class?
Because, while he's a former WWE champion, he's not a big enough name to headline a class. He's much closer to the Iron Sheik than Ric Flair.

-Best promo of all time
-Best heel champion of all time

-Best commentator of all time

Nice try. You go home with nothing, but thank you for playing.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
His WWE Championship run is his greatest achievement and the only great part of his career that comes to mind. He wasn't just terrific in his role, he was able to successfully help cap off John Cena's rise to stardom by putting him over at Wrestlemania 21.

Actually, I take that back. There is one other memorable moment that will never get old.

[youtube]

5:30.

JBL in before Owen Hart. SMDH

Further proof, if needed that it's nothing to do with talent. I'd love to know exactly what JBL has on Vince. The crap we know that JBL has pulled in the past, and he still got his way too long main event run, years being terrible on commentary, and now this.

Plus not being fired when the bullying and general assholery was made public.

I try to be positive about WWE's poor decisions, but this is one I can't get behind.
Owen Hart's not in the hall of fame because his wife doesn't want him to be. If it were up to them, he would have been inducted a very long time ago. They're choosing to respect her wishes on the matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You clearly missed the point of that line. He said that JBL was only champion because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays, meaning Triple H (not JBL) would have been Smackdown's heel champ if he'd felt like it. That has nothing whatsoever to do with drawing. Try to concentrate, people.
What? Uh no I didn't. Bradshaw was a midcarder at the time and most likely wouldn't have gotten the title if Brock Lesnar was still around or Triple H was on the show. What I mean is that no one was drawing at that time, especially on SmackDown so that line is irrelevant. WWE likes to act like Triple H's Four Horsemen and Harley Race cosplay was the only thing keeping them going when that's laughable. Go read the WOR from that time and look at the numbers.
Vince gave Bradshaw the title because he needed someone he knew wouldn't leave and could rely on as said by a few different people. In the end he did his job as a top heel and got John Cena over as top babyface which they rode on for a decade, while Triple H did the same thing with Batista even though Batista's top guy status didn't last as long.

What are we even arguing about?

based on how they were booking HHH at the time that line made complete sense. also Eddie and HHH not drawing? not really true (Teddy). they were not on Austin or Rocks level but they were draws.
Eddie is one of the lowest drawing champions ever, and Triple H around that time wasn't exactly breaking the box office. He's a "draw" by proxy because he was in every main event on RAW from like 2002-2006 or so even when he didn't have the title. The WWE's numbers went into freefall around mid 2001.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Who gives a shit if he is/was an asshole, a draw, or would have been champion if circumstances were different? We all know that he's going into the Hall of Fame because he's a loyal guy that Vince likes and not much more beyond that. He is another person who carved out a good career in WWE and is(potentially) getting his "thank you for your service" award.

·
3,701 Posts
What? Uh no I didn't. Bradshaw was a midcarder at the time and most likely wouldn't have gotten the title if Brock Lesnar was still around or Triple H was on the show. What I mean is that no one was drawing at that time, especially on SmackDown so that line is irrelevant.
Good lord. You're spinning yourself around in circles. I explained that Heyman's comment was that JBL would still be irrelevant if Triple H wanted to work Smackdown. You brought up ratings, which had nothing to do with the conversation. It's really that simple. Don't get yourself wrapped around the axle over a really, really simple point.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Yet another worthless poster that adds nothing to the forum and should be purged. Don't worry, I'll get to all of you.
What do YOU ‘add’ to this forum ?
Fucking highschool kid wannabe intellectual air quotes storming your brain over something that doesn't even matter in real life. Go do something productive if you wanna add something to your life ?

·
3,701 Posts
What do YOU ‘add’ to this forum ?
Fucking highschool kid wannabe intellectual air quotes storming your brain over something that doesn't even matter in real life. Go do something productive if you wanna add something to your life ?
This is the writing equivalent of ten sweaty dudes slap-boxing in an elevator: sort of fun to look at in a sick way, but a total mess and not actually worthwhile.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
He doesn’t feel like a HOF’er but I think we are entering an era where finding true stars to put in is going to be tough. That’s why you have retreads going in constantly by putting individuals & factions in.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts