Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
That's pretty sick that he's doing the marathon and climbing the volcano.

I'd mark if he ever came back as a commentator or something.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts

The reason he is/was such a fantastic heel was because (and take note WWE, because this has worked time and time and time again) his character was a believable extension of his real-life persona. I am from Texas, and there are TONS of people here that think just like JBL does in that promo, and even more people that hate those people as well. Perfect formula for a controversial character.

I hope he does come back in a non-wrestling role at some point. He was great as the smackdown color announcer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The reason he is/was such a fantastic heel was because (and take note WWE, because this has worked time and time and time again) his character was a believable extension of his real-life persona. I am from Texas, and there are TONS of people here that think just like JBL does in that promo, and even more people that hate those people as well. Perfect formula for a controversial character.

I hope he does come back in a non-wrestling role at some point. He was great as the smackdown color announcer.
I agree.

If he were to return, Id like to see him as a heel manager or something along those lines. GM, manager for a wrestler or stable, anything where he could be featured in a prominent role as a heel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
When he first won the WWE Championship, my initial thoughts were "Bradshaw is the champ?!"

But he grew to be my favorite heel of the past decade. Constantly entertaining promos. I'll never forget when he drove to the Mexican-American border and started kickin mexicans in the ass.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
JBl would be a great replacement for Lawler/JR whenever either of them decides to call it quits for real. Cole as a face and JBL as a heel would be a pretty good commentary team

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
As long as he comes back in a position where he talks a lot I'm fine with it, all of the previous video's posted show how talented he is on the microphone.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
LOL hell yeah.

He is even a bigger bully than them tables who refused to break to Orton:p.

I just watched ECW ONS 2005 and I can just see how much he enjoyed being there, playing that character. It was just freaking awesome. Biggest bully really needs to return. He really could get heat anytime at any place. He can outheel pretty much anyone on that heel roster right now.

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
Guy was great as a heat magnet [I mean, you gotta have some real fucking balls to do the Nazi goosestep and salute in Germany] and could still be used as a manager or commentator.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
"I didn’t want to be one of those old guys who had held on too long and I was in danger of becoming exactly that."
*Applause*

To be able to turn down money, fame and Championships for the better good of the company. Many veterans could learn from JBL's sentiments.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts