Wrestling Forum banner

JBL for the hall of fame?

3370 Views 40 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Mr.King
He had a decent career as Bradshaw, but things really picked up when he picked up the JBL gimmick and won the title, holding it for nearly a year. Although he was average in the ring (got worse over time), his mic skills were phenominal, and he pulled off the cowardly heel reign perfectly. Since he was a big guy as well, it worked all the better.

Then he went to commentary, and I came every SD. Although he repeated lines (every announcer does), he was just hilarious to listen to, better then Booker IMO, and he had great chemistry with Cole.

JBL for HOF (after Randy Savage)!

Finally, I should mention that he took the best way out of the company: on his ass in a 30 second Wrestlemania match against Rey Mystero. While he didn't have to job in 30 seconds, it was nice that he jobbed on his way out.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
6,706 Posts
Borderline.

He was part of a good tag-team with Farooq, and he has the longevity.

But as a main-eventer, people got tired of him very fast.

He was hated, but not in a good way.

Why do you think he never touched the title after his first reign?

· Registered
534 Posts
Why do you think he left? (it helped in that decision)

I dont consider him "legend" status. His most memorable moments to me were actually with Faarooq.

· Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
67,308 Posts
He's going in the HOF, no doubt about that. He's still good with the company and he had a pretty good career and was one of the best mic workers ever, so ya he's in.

I got a better question, why do all these threads go into the RAW section when they have nothing to do with RAW and should be in the General WWE section.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Vince McMahon likes JBL.

Since that's the only qualification to get in, then yes he will get in.

Honestly, if the WWE HOF is going 100 years from now, everyone on the current roster will be in it as long as they don't hit McMahon or kill anyone in real life.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
He's in. Just not as a headliner. (Well, possibly the #2 headliner in a weak year.) But as has been said, probably not for a few years. Ron Simmons is very likely to go in this year in Atlanta, and perhaps Bradshaw will induct him.

· Registered
6,867 Posts
Simmons's career is a hell of a lot longer and more significant than JBL's. While it would be cool to induct them as APA, I'd say they both deserve individual inductions. These two are the rarest of tag teams where BOTH members became legit World Champions and significant ones at that. But honestly, Simmons needs to be inducted first.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.