Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone miss this guy in TNA? I was watching his interactions with Ric Flair this morning and was laughing out loud. While by no means a main-event player, I thought he was a solid all-around wrestler who looked totally comfortable mixing it up with the veterans. I'd love to see him back in the midcard/X-Division/tag division.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yeah, I miss him. Great talent, always liked to watch him

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like Lethal as a wrestler but it seems like he has an ego.

Didn't he have a little argument with Jarrett on Twitter a while back as well?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
he could add something to TNA. maybe on the same level as Eric Young. imagine Lethal doing the black Macho Man, and EY confused thinking this IS Macho Man. Lethal was entertaining.

·
Intoner
6,590 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I miss him, this is a brilliant video

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

·
Registered
419 Posts
The guy was ridiculously over in his first few months in TNA. Then it all went downhill as always with TNA.

·
HEADBANGA
22,945 Posts
He could have been their main guy. He rubbed elbows with the big stars and got put over by Sting, Angle, Flair and for all that he got jobbed out to Robbie E on his way out. fpalm

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
He was awful rather have 6 rob terrys than him
then maybe pro wrestling isn't for you

While by no means a main-event player.
yes he was

Anyone miss this guy in TNA? I was watching his interactions with Ric Flair this morning and was laughing out loud. .
then why not pine for him to come back as a spokesperson

I thought he was a solid all-around wrestler who looked totally comfortable mixing it up with the veterans.
I would've picked AJ joe daniels or bryan Danielson over lethal but lethal for all his midcard title wins would have been a better option than any of the veterans
I'd love to see him back in the midcard/X-Division/tag division.
hes been there done that and would only be treading water, either he goes big or goes home ala retire like any other sportsman would

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Lethal's great. Had everything but size to be a success. TNA killed him with the Robbie E feud, especially how hot he was from the Flair feud. When you factor in his age, it was a real shame what transpired. Don't find many wrestlers as good in the ring, with decent charisma and mic ability like Lethal. Sure he wasn't as good when not doing the impressions, but he was so young that they could've worked with him.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
hes been there done that and would only be treading water, either he goes big or goes home ala retire like any other sportsman would
That was the exact reason for his and Petey Williams' release. Management did not see either of them progressing up the card and thus decided to release them. I understand that as in that they weren't considered to be fit for an uppercard push and had done enough as it was in the midcard. Off topic, I would agree about Petey not being an uppercard wrestler, but I'd never get bored of seeing him in the midcard.

On Lethal it's another story. I never liked him in any of his roles. He was generic with his initial gimmick which he ended up with during his final run. Didn't stand out in the very least as a character and was nothing noteworthy in the ring. He was very good but after a few months I lost interest as I didn't see anything more to him than that. He lacked charisma, presence and match psychology. His Macho Man gimmick was a very annoying period of his tenure and I was glad when he got it over with. It just made him a secondary character to be passed on without the aggrevating segments and promos which made me hate seeing him. However, I found it forced to see him get that push then as I didn't want to see anything more from him than just float around the card aimlessly. Furthermore, we never got to see him play a heel and I believe the reason was they realized he wasn't going to be good at it.

At the end of the day, his release was an item of news I was happy to hear. Still, even I ackowledged how much of a waste the effords to put over were. He beat Angle while he was at the peak of popularity with his Macho Man gimmick. He was played an ultimate face role in a six-man street fight because he was the top merchandize seller then. He then went on to beat Flair, was put over by Sting and all that for management/creative to drop the ball on him and scrap the efforts of putting him over at the expense of legends and a handful of solid workers. A shame, I must say.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
That was the exact reason for his and Petey Williams' release. Management did not see either of them progressing up the card and thus decided to release them. .
whose f***ing fault is that?

I understand that as in that they weren't considered to be fit for an uppercard push and had done enough as it was in the midcard.
we all understand that one, management were just being short sighted idiots
Off topic, I would agree about Petey not being an uppercard wrestler, but I'd never get bored of seeing him in the midcard.
fpalm where he is on the card doesn't determine how entertaining one is and HE'S PETEY F***ING WILLIAMS

but still the least they could have done is job petey to aj on his out

I never liked him in any of his roles..
he certainly wouldn't have been my first choice but was still a better wrestler than most and with joe in the main event, aj and daniels in the tag division and Kaz and senshi both in a slump he was the best choice for the undercard push

He was generic with his initial gimmick which he ended up with during his final run.
let me reiterate, he was a better wrestler than most on the roster

Didn't stand out in the very least as a character and was nothing noteworthy in the ring. .
how many talented African americans were on the roster at the time?

He was very good but after a few months I lost interest as I didn't see anything more to him than that.
tna did drop the ball with him at first

He lacked charisma, presence and match psychology..
I think the term you're looking for in this is REALISM

His Macho Man gimmick was a very annoying period of his tenure and I was glad when he got it over with. .
me too, lethal was fine on his own and didnt need that s**t
It just made him a secondary character to be passed on without the aggrevating segments and promos which made me hate seeing him. .
a secondary character to who? and off course he wasn't centre stage he was on the lowercard at the time what did you expect?
than just float around the card aimlessly.
you want to see wrestlers flounder around without cause or purpose, just take up a slot that someone else could use even though it would be just bad booking and bad planning on managements part

Furthermore, we never got to see him play a heel and I believe the reason was they realized he wasn't going to be good at it..
not every wrestler needs to be a heel, talk about redundant

At the end of the day, his release was an item of news I was happy to hear.
this is the kind of attitude that is hurting tna

Still, even I ackowledged how much of a waste the effords to put over were.
anyones efforts would have been pointless at that point considering all the butchering he went through leading up to his last months, had someone given him his due earlier though......

He beat Angle while he was at the peak of popularity with his Macho Man gimmick. He was played an ultimate face role in a six-man street fight because he was the top merchandize seller then. He then went on to beat Flair, was put over by Sting and all that for management/creative to drop the ball on him and scrap the efforts of putting him over at the expense of legends and a handful of solid workers. A shame, I must say.
1. beating angle gave him enough of a rub to make his way to the uppercard at least for the sake of consistantcy

2. merch sellar or not he was still a great wrestler that along with kaz and senshi and daniels and young maybe even shelly and kid kash could have been the trendsetters to help take tna to the top, at least in the quality department

3. my memory is hazy but im pretty sure sting didn't lose to him cleanly and everyone has beaten flair at this point so whoopdedoo

4 Expense of legends?! :no: with their over inflated salaries GET OUT OF HERE!

5. the only shame here is that tna hired him at all just to have him flounder on and die, really makes you wonder why they even hired him, THIS IS WHY YOU NEED A 5 YEAR PLAN IN WRESTLING

1 - 18 of 18 Posts