Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

Just wondering if anyone could fill me in on why he's gone back to ROH now. Only started watching TNA again during the build up to Lockdown thanks to Roode & Storm(never thought Storm would be bigger than Harris in the AMW days but I was very very wrong). Guy had some great skills inring and out and was young. I definitely thought he could world champion material if built right. Seems like he would have been a decent guy to feud with Aries to build up the x division title, at least before the face turn anyways. Last time I watched TNA properly was around 2008. Last I heard of him was that he was in a program with Flair. As old as flair is surely that was a good rub to get? Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
He was getting a pretty big push about two years ago when he was feuding with Flair. He even got a pay-per-view win over AJ Styles who had just come off of his long world title reign. Then, he went back down to the X-Division by taking the title off of Douglas Williams who had just joined Fourtune. He was the face of the X-Division until Kazarian turned face. It seems like they just didn't know what to do with him after that, and they released him about a year ago. After that, they made a storyline out of it, and they started trying to rebuild the X-Division.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
It was hard to book anyone because of all the time Hogan and his has been friends were taking up. So even despite AJ Styles putting him over, he still became a nobody. Just like Douglas Williams who AJ Styles also put over. There were just too many scrubs taking up all the TV time and the original TNA guys weren't getting any air time so eventually they all started getting released, starting with Jay, then Amazing Red, and Generation Me.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
They didn't have anything for him. If you want my personal conspriracy theory, I think it was Prichard. There was a video where he said he disliked Lethal and soon after he was hired Lethal was released.

Lethal is a good wrestler, the problem is that when he's not playing an over the top character ( Black Machismo ) he is a very boring personality.
He had a lot of charisma, but could only channel it through impersonations. It's a shame he never overcame this.

·
HEADBANGA
23,487 Posts
I seriously thought he was a future world champ with the way they were presenting him. One of the many failures in TNA booking.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
releasing jay lethal was 1 of the dumbest things tna did, that and releasing petey.

last year they wanted to rebuild the x divsion but they released lethal, red,and gen me(tho they wanted out).

lethal doin pretty good in roh tho. like to see him back in tna.

lethal vs aries would be awesome.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
They didn't have anything for him. If you want my personal conspriracy theory, I think it was Prichard. There was a video where he said he disliked Lethal and soon after he was hired Lethal was released.

He had a lot of charisma, but could only channel it through impersonations. It's a shame he never overcame this.
I wished he would learn how to be himself instead of various legends.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
He was getting a pretty big push about two years ago when he was feuding with Flair. He even got a pay-per-view win over AJ Styles who had just come off of his long world title reign. Then, he went back down to the X-Division by taking the title off of Douglas Williams who had just joined Fourtune. He was the face of the X-Division until Kazarian turned face. It seems like they just didn't know what to do with him after that, and they released him about a year ago. After that, they made a storyline out of it, and they started trying to rebuild the X-Division.
J-rod greatest sig ever. Jesus is Awesome. Jay lethal was mah at best.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
The TNA creative happened.

·
Banned
370 Posts
Jay Lethal suffered from what I call "Pope Syndrome"

He was hot during his feud with Flair, he came out on top and got a huge rub. TNA could've kept building him up and he would've been a believeable world champ.

Instead they put him in a horrible feud with Robbie E of all people, halting his momentum.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
lethal got the start-stop push that both wwe and tna do so well....but as far as tna is concerned lethal joins a LONG list of wrestlers who were getting good pushes and then just stopped being pushed and went into obscurity....

pope,doug williams,gunner, samoa joe, matt morgan all are on that list as well

·
Registered
990 Posts
Lethal got a push and did well in his promos with Flair. TNA then realised he couldn't do anything other than impersonate and was very average in the ring. Lethal's never going to be more than a midcarder. He's simply not good enough.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
he looked like shit and was boring to be honest

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I liked Lethal when he was feuding with Flair, and he was entertaining as the macho man impersonator. You can see the influence Flair has had on him even now in his ROH promos.
whats his ROH promos like? im interested to know if hes any good when not doin a flair or macho gimmick.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts