Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the interference from Doug Williams in his match against Flair, does anyone else think that Lethal is headed back to the X-Division? In all honesty, he seems like the most likely candidate to take the strap off Williams, seeing as how he's been one of the most featured X-Div singles wrestlers on T.V for a while.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Which would be retarded by the way. Not that beating Flair means a lot these days, but you have him beat Flair, and now you're sending him back to the X-Division. Where's the sense.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I already said a month ago that Lethal wouldn't last. He has no charisma or personality. Everything about him screams jobber. He was only relevant for abit because of the character he impersonated. Now that nobody cares anymore he will fade away like always.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
He should really start feuding with A.J. for the TV title, I think that would be a little better. But I don't mind him feuding with Doug Williams.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which would be retarded by the way. Not that beating Flair means a lot these days, but you have him beat Flair, and now you're sending him back to the X-Division. Where's the sense.
True, but unless they're gonna establish him alongside a group of wrestlers that will be vying for the T.V Title, then I don't see why not. Who else would you have face Williams?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already said a month ago that Lethal wouldn't last. He has no charisma or personality. Everything about him screams jobber. He was only relevant for abit because of the character he impersonated. Now that nobody cares anymore he will fade away like always.
Dude, you sure you're not Eric Eric? Because you post exactly like him, and I know I'm not the only one that thinks so. Besides, this is just a simple inquiry. I don't see how anyone couldn't have at least entertained the though of him going feuding with Williams after the events of that match.

-Sorry for the double post folks

·
Registered
932 Posts
maybe it will be to elevate the X division e.g.

Williams and Jay feud for X division title.
Flair sends in Kaz to help out Williams
Flair is now involved with guys in the X division picture
Time is given for promos and feuds to build

All this should have happened years ago and doesn't require Flairs involvement but still...about time.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I never have liked Lethal, but TNA drop the ball with there popular stars very frequently, this would just be another example.

·
Registered
595 Posts
depends how you see the x title though, i dont think of it as a jobber title, personally its more midcard behind the heavyweight! a title is a title unless its the hardcore/womens lol

·
WF's Real Bad Guy
1,938 Posts
This

Honestly why put the same label on a guy after you spent months trying to change it. If any thing he should be in a TV title feud with AJ or a feud with an established midcard act. Hell why not put him in the office V Wolfpac feud as a in-ring presences for the office.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,969 Posts
It could somehow turn out to be a slightly retarded way to get Williams into the Horsemen.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
How is it any different to Orton putting over Rhodes/Teddy and both going back to midcard?

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
How is it any different to Orton putting over Rhodes/Teddy and both going back to midcard?
Orton didn't put either of them over. Legacy flopped on its ass, and they salvaged whatever it had left to make Orton a bigger star than what he was when he started the group.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think he's heading back to the X-Division with a new boosted position in the company. The matches he can have with Douglas Williamsm should be really goog, although I expect Lethal to beat Williams for the title (I'm a massive Williams mark so that'll bring me a frowny face).

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Seems like a step down from where he was headed after beating Flair to go to the X-Division. With the standard de-emphasis on the division that always happens when Lethal wins it'll be like his last X-Division title run where he did nothing of note.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Im all for this. Give Lethal the title, keep him feuding with Flair, have Flair try to get his goons to take the title off Lethal.

Its a decent feud although im not sure how Doug Williams fits into this. Could Fortune have 5 members or are they going to kick someone out? Im not sure exactly what Beer Money are doing there. I know theyre a tag team but they have no interaction with Flair. Maybe get Williams in and Beer Money out. What happened to Morgan saying he was part of Fortune?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seems like a step down from where he was headed after beating Flair to go to the X-Division. With the standard de-emphasis on the division that always happens when Lethal wins it'll be like his last X-Division title run where he did nothing of note.
I honestly hope thats not the case. If so, then just let the Doug Williams interference just be a one-off thing and have Flair sic A.J on Lethal, which could lead to him winning the T.V title down the road. I'm not picky, but I would like for Lethal to have some kind of direction after his feud with Flair ends.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
If Lethal does end up back in the X Division it is a step down from where he was going. It isnt surprising if he does end up working Douglas for the X Division title. Its happened many a time in TNA to other people. Push a guy for a short while, they think his over enough then move onto someone else and push them, Lethal could be the latest victim of this.

But then again he could have a good feud with Douglas and put the title on him and make it mean something. But really after feuding with Flair for how long he has, Lethal should now be working with someone like AJ.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts