Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 3267 Posts

·
The NEW
13,414 Posts
Watched all the tag matches KENTA & Shibata had together, and oh man, if they would've had a legit few year run as a team, they would've gone down as one of the absolute best teams ever. The 3 matches they had are all fantastic.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Watched all the tag matches KENTA & Shibata had together, and oh man, if they would've had a legit few year run as a team, they would've gone down as one of the absolute best teams ever. The 3 matches they had are all fantastic.

Got dates/opponents or a place to check 'em?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Hard to believe that this is Suzuki's first single's title in NJPW, at 48 years old.

His only other title in NJPW was a tag belt 13 years ago.

On Suzuki Gun i think Desperado, Kanemaru and Taichi are fairly decent in the ring but are booked awful
Taka is getting on but can still put in a standard match, Liuzka is another old guy past his sell by date. They miss KES, but not sure it would have stopped Gedo burying them which seems to be more spite than business

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Wasn't expecting the title match to be on a Road to show TBH. Match was pretty boring until Mizu's slap rage to finish the match. Not sure if Goto phoned it in because he was losing or The interference was sold hard. I still cringe at head chair shots. Especially after what just happened to Shibata. I prefer Mizu to Goto so I'm for the win, but Goto continues to be worth anything. Every time he gets a big win at a G1 or NJC I just roll my eyes because I know it's not going anywhere. And his Chaos stablemates couldn't give too shits to help him so why should the audience. Selling the B.C beat down not good enough, atleast one of them could have come out to help him protect the belt and keep it in the stable. Dissapointing booking for me.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
A lot of overreaction about the slaps and gimmicked chair shot. Sort of like when people called Rey Mysterio Jr a murderer two years and Joe a dangerous worker. People get hurt with simple moves. If you want to stop injuries, stop all moves. Just have them talk and play with their dicks like Joey Ryan.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I'm a little surprised the main event got negative reviews as I thought it was really good. Still being pretty new to New Japan, I haven't noticed Minoru Suzuki that much but he was pretty great here, I thought. I actually find him quite frightening as a human being the way he carries himself and his mannerisms. It looks like a fucking psycho.

I thought the ending was brilliant. The intereference chair shot was shit and unnecessary but they're a heel stable, so okay, but the slaps were absolutely brutal. And I haven't seen a piledriver executed in about 15 years so that was a nice surprise.

Looking forward to Toyonokuni tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I'm a little surprised the main event got negative reviews as I thought it was really good. Still being pretty new to New Japan, I haven't noticed Minoru Suzuki that much but he was pretty great here, I thought. I actually find him quite frightening as a human being the way he carries himself and his mannerisms. It looks like a fucking psycho.

I thought the ending was brilliant. The intereference chair shot was shit and unnecessary but they're a heel stable, so okay, but the slaps were absolutely brutal. And I haven't seen a piledriver executed in about 15 years so that was a nice surprise.

Looking forward to Toyonokuni tomorrow.
Playing the psycho is what brought Minoru to the dance.
The saddest part is go back to the start of the year when he and his stable made their return, they looked like serious contenders and look at the stable now.
Either Gedo is retarded and needs sacking or it was a deliberate stroke to bury them.Then you only need look how everytime Goto or Shibata seemed to take a step forward , Gedo would shove them back 2 steps.

The main event was great if you grew up only watching wwe shit and were indoctrinated into watching sports entertainment bullshit passing itself off for wrestling but for New Japan which always have top tier events it was standard, which equates to match of the year in the WWE.
I watch WWE but when it comes to hard hitting and strong style stiff matches the WWE just cannot compete in general.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,884 Posts
I thought Goto/Misu was a fine match (*** 1/4), on paper it underwhelmed but heck, I just love watching Minoru work. Happy to see him get the win here.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
I think Goto was doing a great job as NEVER champion but this is a good role for Suzuki. I wouldn't want Suzuki Gun any where near to the top nor would I want them to fade away.

Also I wanna see Ishii vs Suzuki for that title and that'll probably happen. So thats cool.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
I don't actively follow NJPW I just try and tune in for their big matches so I had no idea they even had a show on today.

Luckily I tuned in just in time to see Ricochet challenge for the Junior Heavyweight Title. This match was AWESOME, probably the best match I've seen from this month. It perfectly encapsulated what this division should be all about.

I also love taking time away from NJPW because when you come back you realise just how little else there is like it. The stiffness, the bumps, I'd hate for the wrestlers to be in any kind of danger. Shibata breaks my heart. But I can't deny loving the results.

Robinson getting a match against Naito for the IC Title later on too? I need to see that.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Tanahashi beat EVIL? :bjpenn

Naito vs. Juice about to start :mark:

Tanahashi beat EVIL so that means they have to be setting up the Tana/Naito rematch for Dominion.

Juice asked for his release from WWE just a few years ago and is wrestling Naito in the main event for the Intercontinental Championship.

Juice chops like a motherfucker. :rusev

Does anyone's back hurt after that Spinebuster? FUCK

Juice is really selling that knee.

Naito is Naito but Juice continues to impress. ***3/4 For that main event, would've been **** if it had been a 4-5 minutes longer.

Setting up the Naito/Tanahashi rematch :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Still on the road-shows (Stupid Work hours), but fuck, The crowd was digging Tana and Juice. Juice is proving his doubters wrong. Really wouldn't believe it was the same guy, so credit to him.

Did anyone catch Omega's post show interviews for them. You forget how damn good he is on the stick. When he's not doing the comedy thing, you forget how he can cut some real money promos. One of the most complete talents today.

161 - 180 of 3267 Posts