Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 3267 Posts

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
I've just noticed that NJPW World has put up some of the matches from the RevPro Epic Encounter event from a few weeks ago. I was actually considering paying for that as well. Is this normal? What is going on?
When I had NJPW World, they put up some of their cross promotion stuff with ROH as well, so I suppose they have the rights to matches that involve their wrestlers

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,636 Posts
I haven't seen much of Cody. Is it he really that worth putting in the G1 or is it expected to be just someone to eat pins?
He probably end up at the lower half of his group. I mean, with Shibata and Honma injuries, Archer also out of action and no NOAH guys in this edition they need people to replace them

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I can see Cody being near the top of his G1 group, if hes in G1. ROH seem to be booking him strong as hes in a 3 way ROH World title match at War of the Worlds show. Its unlikely he'll win the title but wouldn't mind him and Lethal replacing the 2 spots this year, that noah got last year.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I really hope the Shibata thing is a work. Although I'm not his biggest fan, I know a lot of you are, and his matches are exciting plus it always sucks when a worker gets hurt where they can't do their thing anymore. Get well Shibata!

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
I haven't seen much of Cody. Is it he really that worth putting in the G1 or is it expected to be just someone to eat pins?
Seems they're building him into an upper midcarder and he's really over with the Japanese crowd now so he could be somewhat of a serious contender. It's more just a curiosity thing for me to see how he does against the top guys in the company. He may even be ROH Champ by that point too.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
>When Cody is more over in a handful of appearances than Adam Cole has been almost the whole year

:lol

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Seems they're building him into an upper midcarder and he's really over with the Japanese crowd now so he could be somewhat of a serious contender. It's more just a curiosity thing for me to see how he does against the top guys in the company. He may even be ROH Champ by that point too.
Do you think he'll add some fantastic matches to his resume/to the show and what role do you think he'll play out? Seen absolutely nothing of him except the average match against Juice at WK.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,110 Posts
What's awesome is that NJPW thought AJ Styles was big time enough to make their champ straight away, but Cody isn't.

I love it :lmao :lmao

And they're right too. Cody hasn't been that impressive since leaving WWE. Of course he is well recognized, and so they put him in the Bullet Club to sell more shirts. He'll likely become the next leader in 1-2 years after Omega too. I just think it'll be a big dip in quality after Devitt, Styles and Omega.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
What's awesome is that NJPW thought AJ Styles was big time enough to make their champ straight away, but Cody isn't.
I think its more that AJ was top foreigner while Cody won't be that till Omega is around. Just like Omega was lower on the card while AJ was around.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Omega crafted out in the Juniors for a while, and AJ immediately impressed every heavyweight on the roster. I'd imagine if Cody hasn't done that or won't manage that at G1, they'll treat him like Elgin? Perhaps favour Juice over Cody too.

121 - 140 of 3267 Posts