Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 3268 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The 4/22 NJPW show was okay. Totally skippable, as it just builds the people you'd expect.

Ishii had better chemistry with Fale than Okada did that night, which was interesting. But Ishii is a master of THE STRUGGLE.

I still don't *get* Yoshi-Hashi. His offense feels all over the place and as painful as that arm hold would be, he never makes it feel like he's doing it effectively.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
This was my first real time noticing this Naito guy. He kicked the fucking IC title from the entrance way all the way to the ring :lmao

Incredible scenes.
The best and coolest wrestler on the planet today.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
just watched the lastest road to..
These four on four five on five etc can eventually bore you to death but when Minoru is involved they become so much more and credit to Goto he also added to a great bout.Credit to Trent Bareeta also, the guy is putting in some great work and performances lately, but still not sold on osprey as a serious contender for titles in Japan
Glad S Gun won against the shit Jado team but how it works out on a proper card is another story.

LIJ is always worth watching even if its against a bunch of rag bunch of wrestlers, as for tatsu, why bring him back to do what he did before he left.
Off to watch the main event but not expecting much with comedy omega and useless fale

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
These BJW cards rule so fucking hard

BJW, 4/28/2017 [Fri] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Tatsuhiko Yoshino & Kazumi Kikuta vs. Kazuki Hashimoto & Yuya Aoki
(2) Tsutomu Oosugi, Hercules Senga & Shinobu vs. Shu, Kei Brahman & Ryuichi Sekine
(3) Hardcore 6 Man Tag Match: Great Kojika, Minoru Fujita & Kankuro Hoshino vs. Jaki Numazawa, Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto
(4) DeathMatch: Yuko Miyamoto & Isami Kodaka vs. Kenji Fukimoto & Toshiyuki Sakuda
(5) Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue
(6) Hideki Suzuki, Yoshihisa Uto & Takuya Nomura vs. Ryuichi Kawakami, Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani
(7) BJW DeathMatch Heavy Prelude: Abdullah Kobayashi & Ryuji Ito vs. Masaya Takahashi & Takayuki Ueki

BJW “Endless Survivor”, 5/5/2017 [Fri] 15:00 @ Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium in Kanagawa
(1) Kazuki Hashimoto, Tatsuhiko Yoshino & Takuya Nomura vs. Shinobu (666), Kazumi Kikuta & Yuya Aoki
(2) DeathMatch: Great Kojika & Minoru Fujita (FREE) vs. Kankuro Hoshino & Takayuki Ueki
(3) DeathMatch: Yuko Miyamoto (666) & Isami Kodaka (BASARA) vs. Masashi Takeda (FREE) & Takumi Tsukamoto (BASARA)
(4) DeathMatch: Ryuji Ito & Jaki Numazawa vs. Kenji Fukimoto (FREEDOMS) & Toshiyuki Sakuda
(5) Kohei Sato (ZERO1), Shuji Ishikawa (FREE) & Yoshihisa Uto vs. Ryota Hama (FREE), Ryuichi Kawakami & Yasufumi Nakanoue (FREE)
(6) Daisuke Sekimoto & Masato Tanaka (ZERO1) vs. Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani
(7) BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship Match: [10th Champion] Hideki Suzuki (FREE) vs. [Challenger] Yuji Okabayashi
~ 1st title defense.
(8) BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight Championship Match: [34th Champion] Abdullah Kobayashi vs. [Challenger] Masaya Takahashi (ASUKA PROJECT)
~ 1st title defense.
Also the card for DDT Korakuen which is live on DDTUniverse. Not a fan of Akito breaking off from HARSHIMA to lackey up for Takeshita but hopefully he turns on him soon
DDT “MAX BUMP 2017”, 29/04/2017 Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Hungry Black Bass Again Vs Crimson Nobelman: Akito Vs Soma Takao
2. DDT Extreme Title Next Challenger Decision 5 Way Match: Keisuke Ishii Vs Antonio Honda Vs Yasu Urano Vs Kouki Iwasaki Vs Royce Isaacs
3. Rocky Of Naniwa II And Blonde Beautiful Heidi First Time Encounter: KUDO, Masahiro Taknashi & Saki Akai Vs Daisuke Sasaki, Mad Paulie & Heidi Katrina
4. Worldwide Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Mike Bailey Vs Shigehiro Irie & Kazusada Higuchi
5. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles – Kazuki Hirata Only Loser Deportation Match: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO (c) Vs Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata
6. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Masakatsu Funaki & Yukio Sakaguchi (c) Vs Yoshihiro Takayama & Danshoku Dino
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Konosuke Takeshita (c) Vs Tetsuya Endo

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
So fuck May 9th, Masato Yoshino returned to the ring tonight at what may have been a DG Infinity taping & defyeated Punch Tominaga.

Ben-K is so great. :eek:kada
I've missed sooo much Dragon Gate in the last couple of months but I'm still managing to dip in when I can.

I did see Yamamura vs T Hawk. The kids singles efforts are becoming must see stuff.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
What is the general consensus on Tama Tonga? From the three or four times I've seen him I've been fairly impressed by his ring work and I'd be interested to see how he does in a singles run. His face also seems to be a frightening combination of Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.

On the other hand, I know this is going to sound harsh, but I really dislike watching David Finlay. I'm not one to usually care about physiques but his belly makes me want to vomit unfortunately.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,886 Posts
What is the general consensus on Tama Tonga? From the three or four times I've seen him I've been fairly impressed by his ring work and I'd be interested to see how he does in a singles run. His face also seems to be a frightening combination of Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.

On the other hand, I know this is going to sound harsh, but I really dislike watching David Finlay. I'm not one to usually care about physiques but his belly makes me want to vomit unfortunately.
Love Tama, he's gradually improving and has the best f*cking stinger splash in the business :lol

I dislike David Finlay as well, he's just one of those wrestlers that don't do it for me. He looks weird, doesn't impress me in the ring and seems to be void of any physical charisma.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ive enjoyed Tama Tonga (& Juice) this year and wouldn't mind seeing Tama beat Goto for the NEVER title. I love his moveset and great comparison of Rollins & Reigns as he does have Rollins athleticism and Reigns strength. Wouldnt mind him getting an Anderson run in this years G1.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I've missed sooo much Dragon Gate in the last couple of months but I'm still managing to dip in when I can.

I did see Yamamura vs T Hawk. The kids singles efforts are becoming must see stuff.
Oh yeah. Yamamura is gonna be huge in DG in a few years.

He's also gonna face Jimmy Kagetora for the Brave Gate at DoA this year & I see that being a big star making match for him, win or lose.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I don't really remember anyone saying that they like him. To me he looks all over the place and he is one of few people in NJPW whose gimmick I don't understand at all.

Also, Okada really selling Fale as this big monster. In before Fale wins it. And was Ishii legit pissed at the end?

Edit: I really like Suzuki, but his entire stable can go fuck itself with their same shit every match.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
23/4

Bullet club pushed hard again and Ishii bloodied added to the heat.
Sad that Archer is out, and Davey smith is missing as Suzuki gun are all jobbers with the exception of Minoru, and NJPW can take the blame for that with some of the booking.

81 - 100 of 3268 Posts