Wrestling Forum banner

3261 - 3280 of 3280 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I am shocked and saddened by her loss. RIP Hana Kimura.

Learning about her death, I understand that she was on a reality tv show in Japan called Terrace House. My understanding is that they adopted a more American approach with fighting and drama for the current season, because that’s not the way Japan reality shows are usually produced and they wanted to try something different. She received a lot of negativity from many watchers and it looks like the hate got to her.

I`m not going to hate on that particular show or its viewers because reality tv is awful in general, as similar cases to Hana have happened in the UK. But there does not seem to be a strong mental health system in Japan either, so she didn`t get the support she needed. Ironically, I saw an article on Reddit hours before her death that suggested that suicide in Japan are declining because of the COVID-19 crisis. So, hearing about Hana's death is a gut punch to me, even though I was just getting to know her.

This is just sad and tragic. She had her whole life ahead of her.

·
Premium Member
9,980 Posts
RIP Hana Kimura. Only 22. This is not ok.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Really shocked to learn Hana Kimura passed away , and in such horrible circumstances, she was only 22 !

She was such a promising wrestler from the matches i watched that involved her, and her promotion even had her featured in the 1st Wrestling Kingdom match with women wrestlers if it could tell how much they thought of her for the future.

I pray she is at peace in Heaven , my condolences to her family and loved ones.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,501 Posts

Ice Ribbon is streaming a live show right now, if there's anyone here to see this in time.

·
Registered
845 Posts
A question for those who watch AJPW and Noah:
I have the fight network app on my apple TV, but I want to know if it's the best place to watch AJPW, Noah, and DDT wrestling.

Anyone knows?

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
A question for those who watch AJPW and Noah:
I have the fight network app on my apple TV, but I want to know if it's the best place to watch AJPW, Noah, and DDT wrestling.

Anyone knows?
AJPW and DDT both have their own streaming sites if you wanted to support either company specifically:

www.ajpw.tv
www.ddtpro.com/universe

Can't comment on the fight network though because I don't think that's available in the US.

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
AJPW's return with fans next weekend is looking pretty dope. Their booking decisions never seem to make much sense to me so I'm rooting for BIG SHUJI 😤

AJPW, 07/25/2020 (GAORA TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

• All Asia Tag Team Title Contendership, 3 Way Match : Zeus & Izanagi vs. Yoshitatsu & Seigo Tachibana vs. TAJIRI & KAI
  • AJPW World Jr.Heavyweight Title : Susumu Yokosuka
    (c) vs. Koji Iwamoto
  • Triple Crown : Suwama (c) vs. Shuji Ishikawa

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Good news for Zero1, they almost shut down because of the pandemic and now, at least on paper the future looks bright for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kyushi Pro 12th Anniversary Show ~ Kinniku Yamakasa 2020:

Card:
Tag Team Match
Asosan & Hitamaru Sasaki vs. Kodai Nozaki & Mentai Kid

Six Man Tag Team Match
Batten Blabla, Billy Ken Kid & Junji Tanaka vs. Amabie, Gabai Ji-chan & Ryota Chikuzen

Kyushu Pro Tag Team Titles Three Way Match
Kazuaki Mihara & Naoki Sakurajima vs. Kenichiro Arai & Minoru Fujita vs. Team Toryumon (Genki Horiguchi & Susumu Yokosuka)

Kyushu Pro Title Match
Genkai vs. Yuji Hino

·
Registered
14 Posts
The opener is pretty cool, I liked everyone's performances but Sasaki was my favourite in the match I think. This is a good start !

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Nice looking show in Korakuen Hall, world title and intercontinental tag title matches, plus the Tenkaichi Jr tournament final. The tag team matches also looking good.

I hope Hino wins the title.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Genkai vs Yuji Hino was not great but it was very solid, a good match with good chops. I liked that the match didn't put all the emphasis on the hard hits. Genkai gave his all to be at Yuji Hino's level, except that Hino will always overtake him in the match. It's just a bit stupid to make Genkai win, even if he takes him by surprise. ***1/2

3261 - 3280 of 3280 Posts