Wrestling Forum banner

3261 - 3268 of 3268 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I am shocked and saddened by her loss. RIP Hana Kimura.

Learning about her death, I understand that she was on a reality tv show in Japan called Terrace House. My understanding is that they adopted a more American approach with fighting and drama for the current season, because that’s not the way Japan reality shows are usually produced and they wanted to try something different. She received a lot of negativity from many watchers and it looks like the hate got to her.

I`m not going to hate on that particular show or its viewers because reality tv is awful in general, as similar cases to Hana have happened in the UK. But there does not seem to be a strong mental health system in Japan either, so she didn`t get the support she needed. Ironically, I saw an article on Reddit hours before her death that suggested that suicide in Japan are declining because of the COVID-19 crisis. So, hearing about Hana's death is a gut punch to me, even though I was just getting to know her.

This is just sad and tragic. She had her whole life ahead of her.

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
RIP Hana Kimura. Only 22. This is not ok.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Really shocked to learn Hana Kimura passed away , and in such horrible circumstances, she was only 22 !

She was such a promising wrestler from the matches i watched that involved her, and her promotion even had her featured in the 1st Wrestling Kingdom match with women wrestlers if it could tell how much they thought of her for the future.

I pray she is at peace in Heaven , my condolences to her family and loved ones.

3261 - 3268 of 3268 Posts