Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3271 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Does NJPW have a women's division? I haven't seen any advertised for the upcoming shows at all.

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
Ideal place for me to share this

Highlights from my trip to Tokyo, including

*Going to NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling @ Sumo Hall
*Visiting the Tokyo Dome
*Puro merch stalls
*What kind of puro related stuff is stocked in local shops
*Visiting Korakuen Hall (including all the cool wrestling related graffiti)
*Plus much more :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Does NJPW have a women's division? I haven't seen any advertised for the upcoming shows at all.
They don't, and they haven't since I started watching regularly in 2011. It's unlikely to change given that their cards are already overpacked with tags fitting all their guys onto shows.

But if you're interested in some Joshi, STARDOM is freakin' rad.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
I'd rather state right now Joshi ranking in quality in order: Ice Ribbon(very good, closest in consistency, fun, good pairings) > SEAdLINNNG(good, lacks at times, but there's enough names to help where it lacks apart from the last show) > Gatoh Move Pro Wrestling(good fun, good wrestling, and bonus points for getting great matches into a tiny room with only some matting and a wall, would pay money for them to make tape more often) > OZ Academy(some quality here and there but can get really really boring) > Tokyo Joshi Pro(good fun, fun characters that make up for the wrestling but wrestling does lack a bit, still) > Stardom(Potential to be the top but basically does everything to stump that to infuriating levels, even today. Some good wrestling but rookies lack real drive and speed and the gaijin matches are horrible. not good) > Sendai(Meiko herself is rather consistent and one of the most consistent in the circuit but her promotion is the complete opposite. not good)

No WAVE in here because I don't have WAVE Network or WAVE Network rips

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Checked out a few more matches tagged as classic+;

Suzuki/Tanahashi KoPW 2012 - ****3/4 This is like a perfect match. But something intangible just stops me from putting it as one. Suzuki's mannerisms were incredible and their figure-four leglock section definitely stands out more than any submission stretch I've seen in quite a while. Fantastic.

Nakamura/Sakuraba WK7 - ****1/2

Okada/Tanahashi WK7 - ****1/4

If anyone recommends a match that they love this period, I'd love to check it out. Looking for any input really as I don't want to go off "just" what the Lariato excel spreadsheet recommends.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'd rather state right now Joshi ranking in quality in order: Ice Ribbon(very good, closest in consistency, fun, good pairings) > SEAdLINNNG(good, lacks at times, but there's enough names to help where it lacks apart from the last show) > Gatoh Move Pro Wrestling(good fun, good wrestling, and bonus points for getting great matches into a tiny room with only some matting and a wall, would pay money for them to make tape more often) > OZ Academy(some quality here and there but can get really really boring) > Tokyo Joshi Pro(good fun, fun characters that make up for the wrestling but wrestling does lack a bit, still) > Stardom(Potential to be the top but basically does everything to stump that to infuriating levels, even today. Some good wrestling but rookies lack real drive and speed and the gaijin matches are horrible. not good) > Sendai(Meiko herself is rather consistent and one of the most consistent in the circuit but her promotion is the complete opposite. not good)

No WAVE in here because I don't have WAVE Network or WAVE Network rips
Ice Ribbon is my favorite promotion, so I'm happy to see a post like this :clap

SEAdLINNNG doesn't do anything for me since I don't like nanae and her crew, but she has Arisa Nakajima and Sareee, so not everything is lost.

Gatoh Move always gives the impression of being an AU Ice Ribbon: Similliar yet different. Wish I had the will to watch it (and everything else, really)

OZ always made me roll my eyes with Ozaki-gun stuff, but the things I saw without their involvement has been fairly good. It also has my favorite set of Champions today.

Stardom also never did anything to me, so it's kinda annoying (though understandable) that it's the only thing people talk about. What I saw wasn't bad but hardly above and beyond everything else. They also probably have more belts than people on the roster.

Speaking of too many belts, Sendai Girls has 3 belts for 5 home wrestlers - two veterans, two rookies and a super rookie. That's 2 belts more than they need. And having outsiders holding the tag belts only leads to millions and millions of Shida/Syuri vs Chisako+someone else (because they NEED a home talent in a title match).

I can't comment on Tokyo Joshi Pro since all I know about it is how bad Saki Akai was years ago lol

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,001 Posts
Hoping to see more Cole in Japan in 2017

1 - 20 of 3271 Posts