Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to Japan. How is it going for a non-japanese speaker?

Reactions: Punkhead

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
I spent a night in Tokyo when travelling to Australia. I only got to see the place for a few hours but it was quite a culture shock. I'd have loved to explore more.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
It's #1 on the list of places I'd like to visit. And would probably stay at one of those love hotels they have :D:

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
Fucking Hard, to answer your question. It's different from Europe because Khanji aren't letters we're used too. I lived in Europe for two years and was able to figure things out, plus you learn a good travelers sense and build experience and instinct. That won't matter in Japan.

Tokyo is ok, it's a tourist city so it panders to English people a bit. I only visited for just over a week, for my brother's wedding. He, and many of his friends, explored with me and translated and I had a blast.

It's totally worth any headaches you might get from getting lost. But just keep in mind, you can't work through a sign like you could in Europe (hoping that one semester of Latin pays off).

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
What complicates it even further is that the Kanji are of different types too :lol Best way to travel would be to have an English speaking Japanese person with you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts