Wrestling Forum banner

Jan 25, 2023 AEW Dynamite Discussion Thread: Mark Briscoe/Lethal, Darby/Buddy, Danielson/Cage, Toni/Ruby, JAS/Starks & Andretti

10355 473

Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara or Daniel Garcia vs. Action Andretti & Ricky Starks
Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage
81 - 100 of 474 Posts

· Registered
*coin drop*
15,189 Posts
Latest ticket update for tonight. A fair bit of movement in recent days. Roughly the same amount of tickets sold as last time WWE ran a Raw there in 2020.

All Elite Wrestling: DYNAMITE/RAMPAGE
Wed • Jan 25 • 7:00 PM
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY

Available Tickets => 707
Current Setup/Capacity => 5,931
Tickets Distributed => 5,224

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,775 Posts
I don't know how to feel about Jungle Boy being wrapped up in another tag team. I like the Jungle Boy and Hook pairing but Jungle Boy had just feuded with his former tag team partner who betrayed him. I'm conflicted.

Allin vs. Matthews, Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal, Jungle Hook being in a tag team match and the Acclaimed/Gunns thing is interesting. Plus I hope that there is more involvement with the women on the show than just that one match because I can easily imagine them having Saraya and others at ringside during that match and then focusing the rest of the show with the men.

· Registered
18,698 Posts
I don't know how to feel about Jungle Boy being wrapped up in another tag team. I like the Jungle Boy and Hook pairing but Jungle Boy had just feuded with his former tag team partner who betrayed him. I'm conflicted.

Allin vs. Matthews, Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal, Jungle Hook being in a tag team match and the Acclaimed/Gunns thing is interesting. Plus I hope that there is more involvement with the women on the show than just that one match because I can easily imagine them having Saraya and others at ringside during that match and then focusing the rest of the show with the men.
I wonder if it's a situation where Christian Cage, who even though he looks great, is in his mid 40s and may not recover fully from his injury. Perhaps, Christian is not confident that he can do a big PPV singles match, so they are doing JungleHook to have a blow off match with Christian and Luchasaurus

· Registered
9,912 Posts
-Darby Allin VS Buddy Matthews
-Toni Storm VS Ruby Soho
-Jungle Hook VS Ethan Page/Matt Hardy
-Jay Lethal VS Mark Briscoe
-Brian Cage VS Bryan Danielson
-Chris Jericho/Sammy Guevara VS Ricky Starks/Action Andretti

Plus Acclaimed/Gunns family therapy.

Going to be some good wrestling tonight.
Not a card that interests me very much. Definitely feels like we're in the lowest point of that between-ppv valley, but it is good to see that the right people are on the show for the most part.

Yeah I don't like it either and hope it's just an alliance of convenience, but Hook is the real star here. Jungle Boy is better in a tag team. He just isn't that compelling of a singles star in his current gimmick. The attempt to make him as such was a dud. Of course his tag title reign was also a dud. So...we have a problem here.

· Registered
*coin drop*
15,189 Posts
Taped for the 100th episode of Elevation (they had special graphics on the screens) before tonight's show.

1. Billie Starkz vs. Red Velvet
2. Dark Order (Alex Reynolds & John Silver) vs. The WorkHorsemen (JD Drake & Anthony Henry)
3. Rush vs. Brian Pillman Jr.
4. Athena & Diamante vs. Yuka Sakazaki & Skye Blue
5. Top Flight vs. Tony Nese & Ari Daivari
6. Malakai Black & Brody King vs. Outrunners (Truth Magnum & Turbo Floyd)
7. ROH World Title: Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Blake Christian

81 - 100 of 474 Posts