Wrestling Forum banner

Jan 25, 2023 AEW Dynamite Discussion Thread: Mark Briscoe/Lethal, Darby/Buddy, Danielson/Cage, Toni/Ruby, JAS/Starks & Andretti

11030 Views 473 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  Comp625

Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara or Daniel Garcia vs. Action Andretti & Ricky Starks
Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage
61 - 80 of 474 Posts

· Registered
27,586 Posts
What are you on about, you're the one who came in to play defense
i’m on about a little empathy and human decency

you seem to be on about nothing altruistic can ever happen and everybody is naive for caring about anything

its some cringe edgelord shit mate, not gonna lie - real emo

· Mr Big Shot
1,240 Posts
Yeah the folk already prepping how sad they'll be tomorrow are ridiculous.

And there's nothing edgy about it, folk get way too ridiculous and phony when death is the topic. Death is brought up and suddenly folk can't just keep it honest about things.

Lets pretend Jay hadn't died and this was just the first official Briscoe match in AEW proper.

Who the fuck would want this?

I'll quickly concede people would be happy the Briscoes were finally allowed a proper national spotlight. That I get because they are 1 of the greatest tag teams of all time and especially this generation.

But lets be honest after the

"Fuck yeah WBD stopped being bitches and let the Briscoes on TV like they deserve" talks wore off the sentiment would be

"Oh God they aren't going to saddle the Briscoes with a Jeff Jarrett feud as their introduction are they? That carny JJ knows how to get some spotlight doesn't he"

With or without death this is a "who asked for this" match
I agree with you. Last week Jay was a heel and jobbing to comedic wrestler with an awful punch.

The next week he's doing a tribute match for a dead wrestler.

Kayfabe wise it don't make sense.

· Mr Big Shot
1,240 Posts
well, Top Bins agrees with you Rap

you’ve now entered a next tier of posting group with all these takes

:giggle2:
All these shots at me, and facepalms etc. It's a forum people are going to have different opinions and express things. Just because I don't rate James Cipperley that means I'm a lower tiered poster. That's a pathetic way of thinking as I've never taken any shots at you. And I think you need to understand a forum works, where people ain't gonna have the same opinions.

Yet you haven't asked why do I agree?

Mark Briscoe in my opinion should refuse to appear on Warner media productions anyway. And now his brothers dead he should appear. Mark should think nah fuck the network don't give a fuck otherwise they'd let him and Jay on the show.

The match with Jay Lethal doesn't make sense unless they do an angle at the end. Where Briscoe beats Jay, and then Jeff Jarrett and Singh comes along and attacks Mark and Jay saves the day.

Or Jarrett, Singh and Lethal jump Briscoe at the end of the match.

I have no problem with a tribute match I just want it to make sense.

Like Rap says the show has to go on. I understand it's Jays birthday but it's 8 days since the passing.

They need to do an angle which gets heat and people will say oh it's bad taste. Nah because I see Jay Briscoe agreeing that's best for business.

· Registered
27,586 Posts
All these shots at me, and facepalms etc. It's a forum people are going to have different opinions and express things. Just because I don't rate James Cipperley that means I'm a lower tiered poster. That's a pathetic way of thinking as I've never taken any shots at you. And I think you need to understand a forum works, where people ain't gonna have the same opinions.

Yet you haven't asked why do I agree?

Mark Briscoe in my opinion should refuse to appear on Warner media productions anyway. And now his brothers dead he should appear. Mark should think nah fuck the network don't give a fuck otherwise they'd let him and Jay on the show.

The match with Jay Lethal doesn't make sense unless they do an angle at the end. Where Briscoe beats Jay, and then Jeff Jarrett and Singh comes along and attacks Mark and Jay saves the day.

Or Jarrett, Singh and Lethal jump Briscoe at the end of the match.

I have no problem with a tribute match I just want it to make sense.

Like Rap says the show has to go on. I understand it's Jays birthday but it's 8 days since the passing.

They need to do an angle which gets heat and people will say oh it's bad taste. Nah because I see Jay Briscoe agreeing that's best for business.
all of these are horrible opinions and you should be ashamed

· Mr Big Shot
1,240 Posts
all of these are horrible opinions and you should be ashamed
Nah I'm not ashamed it just doesn't align with your opinions why don't you just put me on ignore so we don't have to deal with each other 😜😘

A grown-up way would accept that we have different opinions, and that we can agree to disagree. Instead of taking childish shots at me. Am I dealing with a child?

Just put me on ignore classy. Thanks xx

· Registered
27,586 Posts
Nah I'm not ashamed it just doesn't align with your opinions why don't you just put me on ignore so we don't have to deal with each other 😜😘

A grown-up way would accept that we have different opinions, and that we can agree to disagree. Instead of taking childish shots at me. Am I dealing with a child?

Just put me on ignore classy. Thanks xx
i can accept your opinions - I just think they're horrible

a grown up would accept my opinion that i think your opinions are horrible

· Registered
37,541 Posts
i’m on about a little empathy and human decency

you seem to be on about nothing altruistic can ever happen and everybody is naive for caring about anything

its some cringe edgelord shit mate, not gonna lie - real emo
You can have empathy without being corny.

"Well his brothers in arms want to keep tributing him" so this match is needed, is a corny cornball take

· Registered
6,441 Posts
I think its fucking annoying and stupid.
Man

I'm hopeful that these recent posts of yours are a strange, accidental kind of coping mechanism for the uncomfortable topic of death.

Honestly, have a think about it.

The term is "mortality salience" or TMT - it applies to everyone in this thread right now.

I say this because I believe the best in people when they say dumb things. You should be forgiven for what you've said, but you have to be genuinely willing to reflect and learn from the comments. And yes, there's examples of people doing that, as you know.

· Registered
37,541 Posts
Man

I'm hopeful that these recent posts of yours are a strange, accidental kind of coping mechanism for the uncomfortable topic of death.

Honestly, have a think about it.

The term is "mortality salience" or TMT - it applies to everyone in this thread right now.

I say this because I believe the best in people when they say dumb things. You should be forgiven for what you've said, but you have to be genuinely willing to reflect and learn from the comments. And yes, there's examples of people doing that, as you know.
Save it, the reality is most folk act ridiculous about death. I'll take it off Jay and this shitty Mark vs Lethal match, since y'all are hyper sensitive and in your feelings.

Take Eddie Guerrero he's been dead since 2005. But when WWE and fans promote him as some top 20 or top 10 all time talent I think that shit is stupid and only said because he's dead. In no world did Eddie realistically earn being held in that type of regard. But hey he had a sad youngish death, so now folk try and squeeze him in conversations he doesn't belong.

· Registered
27,586 Posts
You can have empathy without being corny.

"Well his brothers in arms want to keep tributing him" so this match is needed, is a corny cornball take
its not - its a factual one 8 days removed - if this was a monthly match or a bi-monthly or whatever I can take your stance

but its the first match of his brother 8 days removed, after they could not even do a proper tribute last week

only cornball take right now is yours

· Registered
27,586 Posts
Save it, the reality is most folk act ridiculous about death. I'll take it off Jay and this shitty Mark vs Lethal match, since y'all are hyper sensitive and in your feelings.

Take Eddie Guerrero he's been dead since 2005. But when WWE and fans promote him as some top 20 or top 10 all time talent I think that shit is stupid and only said because he's dead. In no world did Eddie realistically earn being held in that type of regard. But hey he had a sad youngish death, so now folk try and squeeze him in conversations he doesn't belong.
you see, wrong again? Eddie is a top 3 talent of all time - you just have bad opinions i've realised

reminds me of the 'picture in picture is not worth anything' argument

ps> yeah, i am now just joking around - not about Eddie, but in general

· Registered
6,441 Posts

Regardless of your opinion of Eddie's talent, nobody is exaggerating Jay Briscoe's standing either way, so this logic doesn't apply

In terms of storyline, you could look at it as an AEW vs ROH cold match, which is pretty normal for Dynamite. There's nothing undeserved happening, it's just a match.

Most viewers will get emotional watching to some degree and hopefully it'll be a cathartic experience for some - maybe uplifting by the end. I think it'll be a beautiful thing when it happens, maybe you'll change your mind

· Registered
37,541 Posts
its not - its a factual one 8 days removed - if this was a monthly match or a bi-monthly or whatever I can take your stance

but its the first match of his brother 8 days removed, after they could not even do a proper tribute last week

only cornball take right now is yours
Stop it you same

"But have some empathy" weirdos

were swearing up and down AEW using Brodie's son wouldn't become a thing. It was just being nice because apparently a dead dad meant you need TV time. Now look he's being kayfabe used as a plot point in shitty heel turns that mean nothing.

But I'm sure in June when Excalibur is reminding you about how dead Mark Briscoes brother is you'll still be saying how cool it is

· Registered
27,586 Posts
Stop it you same

"But have some empathy" weirdos

were swearing up and down AEW using Brodie's son wouldn't become a thing. It was just being nice because apparently a dead dad meant you need TV time. Now look he's being kayfabe used as a plot point in shitty heel turns that mean nothing.

But I'm sure in June when Excalibur is reminding you about how dead Mark Briscoes brother is you'll still be saying how cool it is
dead people are cool, change my mind

61 - 80 of 474 Posts