Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
18,699 Posts
God I hated this show.

Watching this show is like going to the supermarket and seeing the price of eggs, reluctantly spending your entire food budget on them and then when you go to your vehicle you try to put them on your car roof as your searching for your keys but mis-judge where the roof is and the eggs bounce out and break all over your windshield. Then when you turn on the wipers to clean it off they just spread across the windshield and make it worse because apparently eggs don't just wash off and egg shells aren't great for the wipers so now you have to get them replaced but the guy at Action Auto looks at you like your the moron after you explain this to him.

Watching Dr. Baker on my screen again makes me wonder if she’s pulling my teeth or her patients.

Family Therapy? I felt like should have been for the viewers and not the talent.

Jungle Hook? That doesn’t even make sense. There are no hooks in a jungle. Wouldn’t a better name have been Boy Hookers?

I am never buying eggs or watching AEW again.
Fucking groceries really are expensive though. >~<

· Registered
18,699 Posts
It kinda sounds to me like Mark Briscoe is going to be in AEW going forward and it's not just a one-time thing. As long as he doesn't have a trash gimmick like Rey Mysterio where he is literally doing a Jay Briscoe tribute act all the way to a sympathy AEW World Championship.

If TK had his way, Mark would have already been in AEW before Jay died, so this is not a case of charity IMO. Mark was part of 3 of the best matches I saw in 2022, so he is an excellent talent to add to the pool.

· Registered
18,699 Posts
I don't know how to feel about Jungle Boy being wrapped up in another tag team. I like the Jungle Boy and Hook pairing but Jungle Boy had just feuded with his former tag team partner who betrayed him. I'm conflicted.

Allin vs. Matthews, Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal, Jungle Hook being in a tag team match and the Acclaimed/Gunns thing is interesting. Plus I hope that there is more involvement with the women on the show than just that one match because I can easily imagine them having Saraya and others at ringside during that match and then focusing the rest of the show with the men.
I wonder if it's a situation where Christian Cage, who even though he looks great, is in his mid 40s and may not recover fully from his injury. Perhaps, Christian is not confident that he can do a big PPV singles match, so they are doing JungleHook to have a blow off match with Christian and Luchasaurus

· Registered
18,699 Posts
Taped for the 100th episode of Elevation (they had special graphics on the screens) before tonight's show.

1. Billie Starkz vs. Red Velvet
2. Dark Order (Alex Reynolds & John Silver) vs. The WorkHorsemen (JD Drake & Anthony Henry)
3. Rush vs. Brian Pillman Jr.
4. Athena & Diamante vs. Yuka Sakazaki & Skye Blue
5. Top Flight vs. Tony Nese & Ari Daivari
6. Malakai Black & Brody King vs. Outrunners (Truth Magnum & Turbo Floyd)
7. ROH World Title: Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Blake Christian

That Elevation card looks great. Blake Christian is a great wrestler but has maybe the worst look

1 - 20 of 30 Posts