Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Storm went from being crowned the future major babyface of TNA just 2 years ago, to being in a random tag team with Gunner. How did he fall so far?

I think TNA made a mistake taking the belt off of Bobby Roode during the time their fued was heading towards the payoff. I know that Aries was red hot at the time, but why not at least let Roode regain the belt? This would have given him more heat heading into his eventual matchup with Storm. Then Storm could have won and the culmination of a year long fued would have had the perfect payoff.

So guys, give your opinions on James Storm.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I could still accept him in a Pay Per View main event so I don't think he's out of the scene but I like the team with Gunner. I think pairing Gunner up with a main eventer (Upper Midcarder maybe) is going to do a lot for the guy if the team sticks around long term.

Also, Isn't Storm pretty injury prone? That could explain why he's dropped off a little.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I find his character incredibly boring. I didn't mind him when he was in a tag-team with Bobby Roode, but as of late the only thing that seems to matter in TNA is the Heavyweight Title - everything else is seemingly irrelevant.

·
Registered
246 Posts
James Storm went from being crowned the future major babyface of TNA just 2 years ago, to being in a random tag team with Gunner. How did he fall so far?

I think TNA made a mistake taking the belt off of Bobby Roode during the time their fued was heading towards the payoff. I know that Aries was red hot at the time, but why not at least let Roode regain the belt? This would have given him more heat heading into his eventual matchup with Storm. Then Storm could have won and the culmination of a year long fued would have had the perfect payoff.

So guys, give your opinions on James Storm.

I agree but we cant change the past
i wanna see him as a singles competitor again
which could stem from bfg if bi take the titles as itll be ego vs gunner and storm which can transition into roode vs storm
storm would have to come out on top so he can get his credibility back as a singles competitor

but right now i cant see him winning the whc
next in line aj,magnus,aries,roode

You could throw JS in the x diviosn

·
HEADBANGA
22,895 Posts
Chris Sabin held the title longer than him. Let that sink in. Storm could have been their huge babyface but they pulled the trigger too late. It's one of the reasons I hate TNA because they build guys up and then don't pull the trigger and they go down the card. All the emotion you put into these guys is for nothing.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The problem is Storm keeps getting injured far too often to be a reliable top guy.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Book him properly and he would be a solid ma in eventer. James Storm vs AJ Styles at lockdown would be perfect to refresh his character as a major heel against the face of the company.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Haven't watched TNA for long but been watching every week the last several months. Whenever I see James Storm I think of a long haired version of Steve Austin that is missing the bravado.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
They did all they could with him in the main event and he just came out looking like a GEEK every time. Aries becoming super over and taking (presumably) his BFG series win and main event w/ Roode fucked him over (I'd have rather had their match be main event and Storm win the belt fwiw). There wasn't a whole lot more they could do with him after that and they haven't exactly got a proper mid card for the singles beyond the X Division so a tag team was the next best thing. His time will come again you'd imagine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cant deliver any sort of promo without him screaming into the mic just to try to gey his view across. Always the same promo over and over for years.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like Storm, but they dropped the ball with him in a big way. Right now, however, I think the best place for him is in the tag division (what is left of it), and hopefully he'll get a singles push once again.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
unless he changes things, he could very well be on the hot seat in 2014!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I really hate to say this, James Storm may have gone as far as he can go in TNA!

·
Registered
358 Posts
He lacks "X Factor". I just see him as a poor mans Stone Cold Steve Austin. My image of him was finalised after meeting him at a fan interaction...I barely got a "grunt" and he seemed annoyed that people were all over Sting.

Velvet Sky, Taryn, Rob T, Robbie E and Jessie were at the same event and they were all very friendly and accomadting.

Mr. Storm just doesn't seem to have personality on or off screen unfortunately.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
unless he changes things, he could very well be on the hot seat in 2014!
If the hot seat means fired I disagree with you.

Storm is good friends with Jeff Jarrett and has been with TNA since the early days so I imagine he'd have a good relationship with Dixie also. He still has something to add just maybe not as a main eventer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts