Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Cowboy” James Storm announced that he would be taking time off from the ring, including live events. He cut a promo in iMPACT! about his luck running out and followed that up with a tweet.

He wrote: “Emotional time in my life after Lockdown. Need time to think about what I need to do and will not be making live events. I apologize.”

The word is that this is an opportunity for him to heal from several nagging injuries. He is expected to be out for at least several weeks.
I think this more than explains why he didn't take Roode's strap at Lockdown.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back in time for SLAMMIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah. He could be. I hope they do a king of the moutin match.

Bobby Roode vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy vs. RVD vs. James Storm

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
People are putting this on only body pain ha. This was clearly planned, and you wont see him back for months.It makes to much sense to go with this story. Puts the belt on Roode longer.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
I think it'll be good for him in the long run,bring him back for KOTM where he comes very close to winning the title and then have him win the BFG series to challenge Roode. That would e the perfect way for this story to end, storm never gives up and finally takes the tile from Roode a year later.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
and the winner of the BFG series is:

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it'll be good for him in the long run,bring him back for KOTM where he comes very close to winning the title and then have him win the BFG series to challenge Roode. That would e the perfect way for this story to end, storm never gives up and finally takes the tile from Roode a year later.
Thats a good idea for a build up to give him.

·
Registered
663 Posts
A shame, but it should make for a great return! Losing the way he did at the PPV, he goes away for a while, and heals any real life injury, only to return in dramatic fashion!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Have him return at slammiversary, Roode wins KOTM and as he starts celebrating storms music plays and he just walks out and stares down Roode, would be an intense image

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Storm just made a promo saying roode broke him mentally and needs time to re-think his life.

Yet you people want him to come back at Slammiversary?
What happened to the long term storylines you guys love so much?

For this to be done correctly Storm needs to stay out of TV for at least 2 months for his return to have some kind of meaning.

And since BFG series is coming, why not use it? Especially since it was the starting point of beer money break up.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'd prefer to see this start with the Bound for glory thing too but I don't think James Storm could lose so his matches would be to predictable.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Let's see if the fans(outside Orlando) will care? I know TNA will probably do another Base Brawl show in New York, let see how those damn New Yorkers like James Storm in his new role.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I believe TNA said it would be a yearly thing and even if there isn't, slammiversary is way too soon.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Pretty sure I read that BFG is going to be a yearly event.

They would have to be moron's not to, it was a great gimmick that should be an annual thing along with things like Lethal Lockdown @ Lockdown, KOTM @ Slammy, & Ultimate X @ Destination X.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Who is gonna rise the ratings above 0.97 now, I wonder.

As long as we have Roode the ratings will stay up. He has lots more personality than Storm. I won't really miss Storm. Will anyone else truly miss him?

When Storm comes back maybe he should become a tag partner and forget singles for a while. Maybe him and AJ? His feud with Roode has been played out. Another tag team angle would be good for him because he cant carry things on his own which is why he held the belt for such a short time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts