Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we had the anti-christ of professional wrestling… and now have Jesus himself.
Say what you will, but Christian iconography is replete in his character.
Yes, he’s a beer drinker (and I’m waiting for him to turn water into beer) but his general image closely resembles Christ, particularly when he’s heavily bleeding from the head. You’ll at least agree with me on that.
Now his storyline is one of redemption – he’ll be resurrected shortly and claim his glory of gold. Also, you’ve got to wonder why they chose him to represent the dead (his father, brother etc)
Just an interesting concept I’ve noticed, or a pointless one. Take a look at this, specifically 55seconds and onwards.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
You realize that not everyone shares the same stereotypical image of what Jesus looks like, right?
this is irrelevant.. because you know what he means. and so will everyone else. no point in changing the topic in this thread.

anyway, it would be cool if this leads to Hardy becoming the anti-Christ again, setting up a huge feud.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Now his storyline is one of redemption – he’ll be resurrected shortly and claim his glory of gold.

1. What makes you think he will come back to win the belt again (claim his glory of gold)? Do you know the storyline writers? If not you have no idea what will happen anymore than the rest of us.

2. A lot of people want him to come back and take the belt again. I'm not one of them. When he comes back I hope he starts a new feud with someone or forms a tag team with AJ or someone. I REALLY hope he isn't the heavy weight champ again. At least not as a face. He might be a good champ as a heel, but he has no personality to walk around as a champ. I'm glad he kept it such a short time last time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The beer drinking shouldn't make much of a difference anyway. There is no shortage of alcohol consumption in the Bible. In fact, Noah was quite the drunk. :D

Interesting topic btw. The comparison that you've made has me thinking of something that I heard a pastor say in a recent sermon revolving around Palm Sunday. He said that, "Jesus rode in on an ass, and then went to the temple and kicked some."

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
You are worried about somebody with a Christ-vibe who drinks beer when the Bible says Jesus' first public miracle was turning water into wine?

What other criticisms of Storm do you have? He eats fish with loaves of bread?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm referring to his character development.
It probably does sound farfetched, i think it's just interesting to see him in a different way. If you think it's BS... so be it, I may be wrong, just throwing it out there!
A number of PPV's also have religious names: Sacrifice, Final Resolution and Genesis.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Relax mate, it really wasn't a slight against you at all. I'll give you credit, this is some far out thinking its something different and without people who thought outside the box, like you do, the world would be a really boring place, devoid of any technology or creativity. Though with the ppv's I really doubt the guys at TNA looked at any of their biblical connotations and just said, hey how does Sacrifice sound? Awesome dude! Yay! Now pass me a joint, party! And that's the end of the meeting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Relax mate, it really wasn't a slight against you at all. I'll give you credit, this is some far out thinking its something different and without people who thought outside the box, like you do, the world would be a really boring place, devoid of any technology or creativity. Though with the ppv's I really doubt the guys at TNA looked at any of their biblical connotations and just said, hey how does Sacrifice sound? Awesome dude! Yay! Now pass me a joint, party! And that's the end of the meeting.
hahaha I just seen your dope comment, never saw that!!
thanks for the kind words but lets just see how Storm is presented when he returns in a month or so.
Also, someone else mentioned I was criticising JS - just to confirm i'm definetly not.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I can envisage TNA doing a storyline where James Storm get's crucified for the sins committed by TNA since the Hogan/Bischoff Era got under-way.

Then James Storm returns on Easter Sunday to say that he has been resurrected and that humanity has been saved. After this speech the whole TNA roster becomes a choir and begins to sing "Jerusalem" with Hulk Hogan as lead singer.

Then James Storm begins flying in the air and walking on water, whilst healing retards like Eric Young and ends up saving a harlot from being executed by angry members of the TNA roster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts