Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kofi has been with the company since 2006. He debuted on ECW in 2007, and quickly made a name for himself with a quick high-flying wrestling style.
He is a 4 time Intercontinental Champion. A 3 Time Tag team champion.
He is over with the fans, has had great Royal Rumble moments, and great matches throughout his career.

And still, he seems to be forever stuck in the midcard.

My question is: Is he a midcarder for life? Can he step up his game and perhaps be a World Champion someday?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Re: Jamaican me Cuh-RAZE: Let's talk about Kofi KIngston

It's not really up to him. It's up to the writers, and especially Vince weather he will ever get pushed or not. Does he have the tools? Of course. I just don't think he has ever got a main event try. Guys like Ziggler, Miz, and even Jack Swagger have all gotten WWE/WHC pushes and never came of anything. Kofi is still pretty over with the fans despite never having ANY direction. Good in the ring and i think if given the chance can be good on the mic as well. I would like his character to become more aggresive/serious. Does not need to be a heel. And forget the WWE title, all I'm asking is for Kofi to get a WHC shot and be a major player on Smackdown.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

The problem is when you have a guy flounder as a midcard face for so long you can't just push him out of the blue. In my opinion a heel turn would do wonders for guys like him just to refresh the character and give him some direction, no one will believe a guy that has been jobbing and midcarding for so long to suddenly be viable for a title otherwise. Sadly a lack of good writing in the IC and US title area really hurts guys like Kofi who could go further if they gave them time

·
#Born2Rap
5,831 Posts

He's boring as fuck and his only purpose is to keep titles warm for heels. But hey, I'd love to eat my words and see him get a character refresh and go far.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,298 Posts

:vince5

ARE YOU MAD?! HE'S BLACK AND BLACK IS BAD FOR BUSINESS!

:HHH2

Seriously, Kofi just doesn't seem motivated anymore. Hell, who can blame him, with his Midcard King status and
reputation of being a workhorse who will have a series of matches with just about anybody that will deliver in ring
but that is about it? Remember his Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler and ADR "Best of Infinity" series?

The time for him to break out and make something of himself was Kingston/Orton Survivor Series 2009.
Remember how over Kofi was in this feud? The crowd went berserk when Kofi knocked out Orton and
got the pin as Sole Survivor.

That was the time. You know, some people only have that ONE TIME and ONE TIME ONLY when they could make it or not.
That one golden opportunity...was squandered.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts

It doesn't matter if he steps up his game and puts in 5 star matches every night. If your not one of Vinces boys or flavor of the month you're fucked.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Kofi was great as a Main-Eventer against Orton... In fact, I became a wrestling fan because of him so I'm sure that he have what he takes to be a champion. Come on, the World Heavyweight Champion doesn't mean anything today anyway, not like he was going to hurt it...

·
Banned
483 Posts

How many mid card titles have he won again?

·
Banned
136 Posts

Kofi has the single worst dropkick in the business and a fucking garbage sluggish no impact awkward moveset. He sucks.

But when he wants to put on a good match he can. But it doesn't seem like he ever wants to.

·
KO
5,458 Posts

He was pretty good when he was pushed in 2009. I think he should get another chance at a legitimate character and mic time, he could take it far.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts

he's a solid worker and good company man but unfortunately they have condition the fans to treat him as a transitional champion every time he wins a belt.

·
What?
13,511 Posts

He was pretty good when he was pushed in 2009. I think he should get another chance at a legitimate character and mic time, he could take it far.

The age old "babyface destroys something of promotional/personal value to the heel which is only introduced or seen on that one particular show" gag.

One of the greats.

:lol

·
Registered
2,620 Posts

Kofi Kingston is good talent, I just never understood the flake he gets around here just because the WWE writers keep him in the same position. Kingston is very exciting to watch in the ring, he has energy that I'd love to see in the main event picture. He needs new material, he's stuck in the midcard with no real direction. When was the last time he had a storyline centered around him? Wade Barrett-IC title feud, which was short-lived. Its a real shame. WWE needs to allow guys more creative control so they can grow and develop into major stars.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

Poor character (even when he was serious, he was still just some dude), bland moveset(the boom boom legdrop, knife chop and jumping clothesline look like the weakest moves in history, he always botches the koronco buster and his supposedly aerial moveset is just dropkicks, crossbodies and some monkey flip), bland look, no gimmick and he's liked just because he jumps high, "is dynamic" and "has energy", but he's billed as the best highflyer when all he does are dropkicks and crossbodies-him being a good highflyer is an insult to Rey Mysterio, Jimmy Wang Yang, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Trent Barreta, Evan Bourne, Adrian Neville, Super Crazy, Justin Gabriel, Hunico, Ultimo Dragon and many many others ACTUAL highflyers-and his mic skills are average at best.

Seriously, when the best segment you can show about him it destroying Orton's car, he's pretty much damned.

I would like Kofi if he had an actual gimmick and an actual highflying moveset.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts