Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched WWE document of Snake Roberts "Pick your Poison", i had seen it before of course about 6 or 7 years ago but didn`t remember it that well and this document really left me AGAIN wondering, why in the blue hell isn`t this guy in hall of fame yet?

i mean guy has personal problems with drugs and alcohol and yes he brought them to in-ring as well, but when Jake`s game was Hot the crowd ate from his palm, charisma , dark delivery in promos, very good in ring and phoenomal in the mic.

The whole story from childhood to wrestle in small promotions----->accidental invention of DDT all the way to NWA ------>WWF------->WCW , the feud with asshole lawler. At the end of document i actually got tear in my eye.

The tragedy in here is his demons didn`t left him alone and the shit just keep happening all over again even after the making of the document.

So now im wondering, how long does it take from WWE, induct Jake "The Snake" Roberts to Hall Of Fame?

Personally i hope it happens, it doesn`t matter to me when, but seriosly this guy deserves to be there. He was one of the all time greats when he was top of his game. And i really hope that Vince has balls to induct him(Y)

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
He'll be in soon. One of the greatest legends in history. I just assumed before the concern was Jake's personal demons. At times it was so overwhelming that having in public would be a liability

But i heard he retired over the last year he retired last year so it could be time

·
Registered
104 Posts
He deserves to be in it because he is one of the most memorable stars from the 80s early 90s era as well as being amazing at psychology and a great promo guy. Yeah he has problems with drugs but for what he did in wrestling he deserves it. He was not the most gifted physically but he used his smart mind to be one of the best if not the best minds in the ring shown by his great psychology and promos.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
Knowing the WWE it wont be till he's dead and sadly the way he's going, it wont be very long
This. It's sad that WWE didn't induct Randy Savage into the Hall Of Fame. Now he won't be alive when he is. I hope the same won't happen to Jake Roberts.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Jake deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. The guy was a master on the mic and had one of the greatest wrestling personas of his era. His rivalry with Randy Savage was the bait that got me hooked on wrestling as a kid. It would be nice if the WWE hired him to help train the younger guys and get them prepared for the big time by teaching them wrestling psychology and how to cut a decent promo.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I loved his match with Ted Dibiase at WM6. The crowd had started a stupid chant and mexican wave and with one move, Jake and Ted had them back focused on the match in stunned silence.

It was amazing to watch.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
poor guy has been through a lot in his life .. the whole deal with his mother and father , his sister's being kidnapped and killed , his drug problems ..

really hope he gets better , and yes he should be inducted

but they'd have snookie inducted first and wait till jake's death ..

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think the main problem with jake is that he truly does believe he is being haunted by "demons" , to an addict this can be very dangerous as it gives them someone else to blame. Jake needs to help himself before anyone else can

without doubt better than anyone else at ring psychology and mind games and such a shame he hasnt been around to mentor the last 15 years of wwe talent, vince clearly admits the only reason jake isnt involve in todays writing and developement is because of the state of roberts. Vince has a hell of alot of time for him, that clear. I think the emotional hiding he took in beyond the mat only went to make him worse too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts