Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Former WWE Superstar Jake "The Snake" Roberts wrote a message to Bray Wyatt on Twitter praising his efforts (which WWE re-tweeted).

"Love what you are doing," Roberts stated on Monday. "Reminds of someone else I know. Keep it up."

source: lordsofpain.net
Can't say I'm surprised because I see the similarities in every promo Bray cuts, but I'm glad the best promo storyteller of all time has decided to chime in on his talent.

·
8,618 Posts
Re: Jake "the snake" Roberts High on Bray Wyatt

of course he likes him. unless u really hate yourself, you're gonna like people who got the same style as u do. wyatt's promos are a little more bizarre, and cartoonish than jake's though so i don't like them as much, but the delivery/presence/mic skills are there.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts

Well, that's great and all, but the only people who it matters if they like him or not is the office, and I can't tell if they're high on him or not by the way he's been booked so far. Sure, he's not jobbing, but he's got no storyline direction so that cancels each other out.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts

i saw "jake the snake roberts high" and my heart dropped a little
Same here, I was like "Dammit Jake!" and then came and saw what it was about. But awesome that Jake is high on him, has to mean something to these guys when a legend likes their work.

·
Registered
254 Posts

He has got to be high on something ay.
To be serious this is great news for Wyatt, his hard work is paying off.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Characters like Bray Wyatt need time to get over.So let's hope WWE doesn't lose their interest in him.As of now,he is doing fine with the little push he has received

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,317 Posts
You know I was actually thinking about this last week. About how Bray's promos kind've reminds me of Jake's in a way. They were deep, psychological and made you think about what he was saying, Bray's promo are like that as well. Either way, if one of the best promo guys in wrestling history praises you, then you know you're doing something right.

I guess that's two legends of the business that have praised Bray Wyatt. Jake Roberts, and I believe Stone Cold was said to be high on him too.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Steve Austin wrote the following on Twitter about NXT Rookie Husky Harris: “My favorite new WWE Talent is Husky Harris. Needs a little more ring cardio.. Comes from great wrestling background. Needs a mean streak.”
This was in 2010.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Hardly surprising but still nice to see. More of the young talents could learn a thing or two from watching Jake talk.

·
Lurking. Always lurking.
4,725 Posts
:austin Followed the buzzards before it was cool.
Does that mean that Stone Cold is.. *gasp* a hipster??? :lol

Anyway, Bray slowly being built up as a menace to the familiar faces is fine by me. A guy like him really doesn't need a title at this point of his career to get over, he just needs to establish his character to the audience. Which he's doing by getting plenty of mic time most of all.
As long as he's in the (major) title scene by the RTWM I'll be ok. I can NOT wait to see him (and hopefully Harper too) in an Elimination Chamber match. Has the potential to be EPIC.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts

i saw "jake the snake roberts high" and my heart dropped a little
Same. Scared me a bit.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
I think a slow build for Wyatt is the best thing for him. His kind of character won't always dominate main events like your Cenas or Punks and in the end he'll likely be defined by just a handful of great feuds and rivalries he has over the course of his career.

They shouldn't throw him into anything too big too quickly. A nice slow burn is best for business I reckon.

·
WWE Golden Era Sim League President
3,295 Posts
What isn't Jake high on.

(Probably the 13th high joke made in this thread).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts