Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 footer who was trained by booker t and the guy that'll replace big show, kane, and undertaker as wwe's giant

he's still raw but isn't a stiff like khali

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I don't know what they plan for him to accomplish being paired with a fringe jobber like Kidd and his hairpiece.

I suspect he'll be more of what Batista was to D-Von than Diesel to HBK or even Tomko to Christian.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
The guy is huge as fuck. I thought it was only because of Kidds size in comparison, but that wasn't the case at all.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i'm sure he's going places, DH Smith too. just like Cryme Tyme! :rolleyes:
don't laugh but i think andrews could be kidd's mouthpiece ... andrews never had a promo in fcw but in backstage segments with hawkins he'd talk a little and from that small sample he sounded good.

i could be wrong though but we'll see ... it also shows that the wwe isn't always gonna debut a wrestler via NXT

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
I see Brian Kendrick and Zeke all over again. Only one benefited from that and it was Zeke. How will this benefit Tyson?
same could be said for D-Von and Batista. definitely benefitted Batista, D-Von went nowhere.

and hell, Christian/Tomko, it benefitted neither really. they both went nowhere. this isn't exactly a tried-and-true method.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
same could be said for D-Von and Batista. definitely benefitted Batista, D-Von went nowhere.

and hell, Christian/Tomko, it benefitted neither really. they both went nowhere. this isn't exactly a tried-and-true method.
What he said.
also add Carlito/Jesus, Carlito/Matt Morgan & Kurt Angle/Luther Reigns to the list

Hell how far did Ezekiel get ? being the last ECW Champion for a few minutes.

Why stick him with someone who can't get over themselves ?

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
What he said.
also add Carlito/Jesus, Carlito/Matt Morgan & Kurt Angle/Luther Reigns to the list

Hell how far did Ezekiel get ? being the last ECW Champion for a few minutes.

Why stick him with someone who can't get over themselves ?
Well since Tyson has not gotten the chance to get over by himself then only The Giant will benefit from this pairing. Also Zeke will get pushed sooner than later because he has been squashing jobbers for some time now.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
While there are many examples of guys not making it big based on a pairing such as this, I think one reason we keep seeing it utilized (including CM Punk/Luke Gallows) about a year ago and even the JeriShow and ShoMiz pairings, is because fans enjoy the spectacle of a smaller chickenshit heel hiding behind some massive monster.

The problem is, if you go too far in the obvious direction, it almost always diminishes the smaller chickenshit heel. And that's made far more problematic when the chickenshit heel just turned heel and just ditched his tag team partner, setting out on his own and has yet to be fully defined as a singles entity. As BM Chicago states.

That said, you can, if you're clever, straddle the fence to make both guys bigger (figuratively).

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Tyson thus far has been stuck in a tag team, he hasn't had a chance to develop a character or his own identity, give him a chance before u right him off

smith too
I've heard both of them on the mic and watched them try to develop characters, That's why i'm writing them off.

Also they were a barely decent team

Well since Tyson has not gotten the chance to get over by himself then only The Giant will benefit from this pairing. Also Zeke will get pushed sooner than later because he has been squashing jobbers for some time now.
Beating up a wrestler like Smith will not get him over.
People need to care about the wrestler he's protecting and the wrestlers he attacks.

Since Ezekiel is'nt getting pushed right now, his pairing with Kendrick was a failure.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
While there are many examples of guys not making it big based on a pairing such as this, I think one reason we keep seeing it utilized (including CM Punk/Luke Gallows) about a year ago and even the JeriShow and ShoMiz pairings, is because fans enjoy the spectacle of a smaller chickenshit heel hiding behind some massive monster.

The problem is, if you go too far in the obvious direction, it almost always diminishes the smaller chickenshit heel. And that's made far more problematic when the chickenshit heel just turned heel and just ditched his tag team partner, setting out on his own and has yet to be fully defined as a singles entity. As BM Chicago states.

That said, you can, if you're clever, straddle the fence to make both guys bigger (figuratively).
If the creative team is that clever then maybe they can get both over but since this guy from what I read is a legit 7 footer in height then I think the WWE will most likely focus more on him.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts