Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all this is my first post
ive been reading your discussions on here for a while now so i fought id give it a try my self here it goes

Whats next for Jack Swagger he held the world heavyweight championship early this year i really enjoyed his world title run i no alot of people didnt and it seems he's now back to the midcard to stay i really enjoy swagger and his eagle and i hope he gets another push soon what would you like jack swagger to do next ? any ideas for fueds ?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I think they will keep him lurking around until the draft were they will move him to RAW, and once his there he will be in Sheamus' position. But I want him to be in a fued with Chris Masters, will help push Masters and there short match on Smackdown a month ago was good.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Well hello and welcome :)

Are you asking what do you think Swagger will do, or what would I like Swagger to do? I'll take it that it's the former, okay?
I don't know if you've read the later Smackdown spoilers or not, but it seems that despite him putting in a very good performance in Survivor Series, Swagger will still be languishing in mid-card hell for the short term at least. He's got no chance at the World Title even if Edge wins it. Del Rio will be next after Kane. Look at Swagger. He couldn't even qualify for King of the Ring. If we were to take King of the Ring for real, this meant that Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre are about him in the pecking order. Ziggler has the IC title so he's higher up as well.. that leaves Swagger as the sixth highest heel in Smackdown... which is nowhere. There's simply nothing for him to do right now, not the World or IC title.

The only reasonable thing that can save him is a prolonged, hyped feud with a higher-end face. Rey Mysterio perhaps? Kofi, MVP, Kaval, they're "not good enough" I guess. No prestige for him to fight them. But then, Rey has already put Del Rio over, so I don't think he'll want to put anyone else over for the time being.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He'll stay on midcard as long as that stupid eagle is still around.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Well one thing that i certainly don't want to see happen for sure is for Jack Swagger to get drafted back to Raw because that will see him up against Wade Barrett, CM Punk, Sheamus and The Miz as the top heel's and will leave him as a mid card heel at best. I am not really a big fan of Jack Swagger but i do believe he is a very good in ring worker and maybe in time could be very good but that won't happen over on Raw.

The best thing that SmackDown has is a lot of young heel's with good potential like Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre and Jack Swagger who with the right feuds and the right wrestler's to work with can really progress in 2011 so that by 2012 they are ready to work the main even scene. It probably won't be long before Kane is retired which free's up one spot as a main event heel very soon which i think will be filled by Alberto Del Rio and with Edge as a face there is another spot open although i can see Edge either turning heel again or Christian turning to feud with Edge.

SmackDown has a great mix of wrestler's who are believable in moving in between the main event scene and the mid card so a feud consisting of Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, MVP and The Big Show against any of Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio is believable in any spot on the card which means that with two or three good win's over any of those's face's Jack Swagger would be believable in working the SmackDown main event scene again. Originally Vince McMahon was going to have Jack Swagger work with The Undertaker at SummerSlam for the World title and we have also seen Jack Swagger working with Edge as well so they obviously have a lot of faith in him.

I would imagine that after the draft i can see SmackDown losing Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler to Raw and end up getting Ted DiBiase and Tyson Kidd as a mid card heel's with maybe Evan Bourne being traded for Chris Masters and that will freshen up the mid card but also allow a face and a couple of heel's to make the move to the main event scene which i think will be Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger as heel's and Kofi Kingston as the face which would then see a mid card of Kaval, MVP, Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Tyson Kidd and Chavo Guerrero whilst the main event scene would be The Undertaker, Edge, Kofi Kingston, The Big Show, Christian, Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Mid card 'til death!:(

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
I don't think Swagger will ever be a permanent main eventer; he just can't be taken seriously. He's a complete goof who is downright laughable at making facial expressions. That's why I think the Soarin' Eagle fits him so much; he should be a comedic heel who isn't taken too seriously. Maybe he'll get another run, maybe not. But I think he should and will be floating around the mid to upper-card for the majority of his career.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Jack Swagger is screwed untill after Mania. Simply put, his 2010 World Heavyweight Championship reign was a flop - partially due to bad booking, paritally due to his lack of mic-skills, and partially due to his unexpected rise from jobber to world champion in a span of a week, which the fans never really bought. He had no build up, lost 90% of his matches, and never really got over. But we'll see what WWE plans on doing with him down the road.

TBH, I'm more satisfied seeing him as a mid-carder that actually wins matches, than a main-eventer that always loses. Plus, that eagle is hillarious.

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
Kane, Taker, Edge all need to go away. Until this happens every midcarder on the verge of the main event or the potential to reach the main event is screwed. Not everyone is unique talent Del Rio and can break through pretty much no matter what.

I would put Rey on that list but he's actually still a great performer and will work mid card feuds.

This thread could easily be about Rhodes, Kingston or Ziggler as well as Swagger. And people think midcarders on RAW are worse off. Last I checked Miz became world champion, Bryan is being booked like a stud, and Morrison made it to the finals in the KOTR tourney.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Swagger is an excellent wrestler but he's stuck with a goofy gimmick that won't let him go anywhere. He either needs to become a face or a serious heel but I can't see either happening any time soon.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Smackdown! in general has been pretty bland lately, which I think is part of the problem. I mean, their top feud right now is Edge/Kane, which nobody cares about. I think that Undertaker getting hurt again really threw their plans out of whack. However it could have been an opportunity to throw some new guys into the Main Event scene and seen what happened, but instead we get two guys that can barely move in the ring, and an old fat guy in a wheel chair that hasn't been relevant in 10 years. Sorry, but this is just FAIL. Then you have all your young guys lingering around in the mid-card with nothing to do.

The best remedy to this situation would be to have an angle where Kane is forced to vacate the title for some reason, then have 3 or 4 guys, like Del Rio, Swagger, Kingston, McCintyre, or Rhodes get into a feud over the WHC. You could bring Edge back down to the mid-card and have him do a program with Ziggler for the IC title. That would help put Ziggler over even more.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Swagger turns on the Soaring Eagle, turning him face.

Swagger vs. Soaring Eagle at Mania.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Smackdown! in general has been pretty bland lately, which I think is part of the problem. I mean, their top feud right now is Edge/Kane, which nobody cares about. I think that Undertaker getting hurt again really threw their plans out of whack. However it could have been an opportunity to throw some new guys into the Main Event scene and seen what happened, but instead we get two guys that can barely move in the ring, and an old fat guy in a wheel chair that hasn't been relevant in 10 years. Sorry, but this is just FAIL. Then you have all your young guys lingering around in the mid-card with nothing to do.

The best remedy to this situation would be to have an angle where Kane is forced to vacate the title for some reason, then have 3 or 4 guys, like Del Rio, Swagger, Kingston, McCintyre, or Rhodes get into a feud over the WHC. You could bring Edge back down to the mid-card and have him do a program with Ziggler for the IC title. That would help put Ziggler over even more.
Edge/Kane could have been interesting. The problem is that they took the feud in a completely farcical direction, with Edge going bananas (which is weird for someone who, not so long ago, was on a crusade against stupidity) and adopting heel tactics (which is a weird for a face).
With that said, going back to the midcard would be a terrible step down for Edge, unless it initiated a long-term feud with Christian.

I still think that anything is better than Taker (or Mysterio, Big Show and all the unstoppable machines that no young talent is allowed to go over). That I can't stomach any more.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) I like Swagger and his soaring Eagle would love to see him as WHC. I think most modern SD/Raw wrestlers are overrated with the exception of Swagger. (With people venting their frustration off on the veterans, it has become fashionable to drool over any amateur who offers the slightest hint of promise)

I hope his next title reign is longer and more credible than his last title reign fpalm
Although I find his Soaring Eagle mascot funny, I cannot imagine him as a credible WHC his feathered friend by his side. Swagger's gator-roll is epic!

I'd prefer Swagger main-eventing after WrestleMania though, with vested interests in mind ;)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Edge/Kane could have been interesting. The problem is that they took the feud in a completely farcical direction, with Edge going bananas (which is weird for someone who, not so long ago, was on a crusade against stupidity) and adopting heel tactics (which is a weird for a face).
With that said, going back to the midcard would be a terrible step down for Edge, unless it initiated a long-term feud with Christian.

I still think that anything is better than Taker (or Mysterio, Big Show and all the unstoppable machines that no young talent is allowed to go over). That I can't stomach any more.
That's what I'm saying dude, I think it's time for Edge to step down. Edge will always be thought of as a Main Eventer, but he could be put to good use by helping get some of these new guys over. Look at Jericho, everyone praises him for not being afraid to job out to young guys.

And, I hate to say this because I've always been a fan of Edge, but his ring work has been horrible as of late. He just seems so lathargic and lazy in there. And I'm not usually one to criticize people over their wrestling ability, so for me to notice it must be pretty bad.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's what I'm saying dude, I think it's time for Edge to step down. Edge will always be thought of as a Main Eventer, but he could be put to good use by helping get some of these new guys over. Look at Jericho, everyone praises him for not being afraid to job out to young guys.

And, I hate to say this because I've always been a fan of Edge, but his ring work has been horrible as of late. He just seems so lathargic and lazy in there. And I'm not usually one to criticize people over their wrestling ability, so for me to notice it must be pretty bad.
THIS. I was shocked when I saw Edge struggle at Survivor Series. His Spear doesn't look as deadly as it used to either. Then again, I began watching recently after a gap of several years and haven't seen Edge in action for a while.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The LAST thing Swagger needs is to turn face. He just has a heel-presence about him, like the high-school jock that everyone hates. I feel like his match with Bryan on the Old School RAW was foreshadowing a Wrestlemania match. It would be pretty easy to build. Swagger could eliminate Bryan from the Rumble (or vice-verca), perhaps they could be in the Elimination Chamber (or at least some sort of multi-man match), setting up a one on one match at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I woudl like to see him win the IC title. Or maybe even team up with Tyler Rekks and take the Tag Team Titles. Point being, he needs this time as a mid-carder I think. I think people didnt like his world title run because he had sort of dropped off the radar for a bit and hten suddenly won a world title. People didnt know what to make of it and it was hard to like OR hate him. giving him more exposure as a mid-card champion would help that though, I think.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts