Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, he won Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania, cashed it in and became World Heavyweight Champion, lost it to Rey Mysterio, had an eagle for a mascot for a couple of months, fought for the Intercontinental Championship, and now doing nothing. What do you guys think?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I think he got lucky because they changed the MITB result from WM 26 from Mcintyre to somebody else because of how badly Mcintyre was failing to get over, and Vince refused to give it to Christian or Kofi, so he lucked out, had a shitty reign and now he's back where he belongs as a jobber.

Not so much a fall from grace, as it is a rise from shit, and then going back to shit. It's just a pity that his name is in the record books forever as a world champion.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I think he got lucky because they changed the MITB result from WM 26 from Mcintyre to somebody else because of how badly Mcintyre was failing to get over, and Vince refused to give it to Christian or Kofi, he lucked out, had a shitty reign and now he's back where he belongs as a jobber.
If anybody lost, its the WWE. Not only from a great talent like Swagger but undermining its world title.

WWE loves to make it out like ANYBODY can win there world titles.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Swagger is anything but a great talent. Great wrestler, but not a great talent. This is sports entertainment. He's like a white Shelton Benjamin.

But they certainly made their title look bad. However, the title will never really lose value.

·
8,351 Posts
Swagger is anything but a great talent. Great wrestler, but not a great talent. This is sports entertainment. He's like a white Shelton Benjamin.

But they certainly made their title look bad. However, the title will never really lose value.
Easy. All people got to do is look at the superbowl championship and UFC titles and compare to WWE's titles.

If people didn't know better, they'd think WWE is full of nothing but cheating bastards and fluke champions. Its also fake as well. That puts WWE way in the back as far as prestige goes.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Easy. All people got to do is look at the superbowl championship and UFC titles and compare to WWE's titles.

If people didn't know better, they'd think WWE is full of nothing but cheating bastards and fluke champions. Its also fake as well. That puts WWE way in the back as far as prestige goes.
Why the fuck are you comparing WWE to actual sports? It's a totally seperate business.

I keep hearing that Vince doesn't want to put the title on Christian. Why is that? Is it because Christian went to TNA?
No. Christian left in the first place because he was super over and they wouldn't push him.

For all Vince's genius, he's a moron when it comes to certain talent. Christian is the prime example right now.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
It will forever go down as a huge "WTF?" moment. The jobbing in previous weeks up to WrestleMania, even losing an over-the-top rope challenge to Santino. The final Raw before the event Swagger was on color commentary and said if he won MITB he will cash in that very night. So I ruled him out. He was a joke and going nowhere.

BUT...he won? With an excruciating unhooking of the briefcase, no less. And...he didn't cash in that night? Excellent planning all round, folks. He's a good wrestler though, and I'm sure given a couple of months build with the briefcase he could come off credible and a threat to the main event players. But, as if things couldn't get worse, he cashes in on the Smackdown after? It was just moronic and it's killed Swagger ever since.

·
8,351 Posts
Why the fuck are you comparing WWE to actual sports? It's a totally seperate business.

No. Christian left in the first place because he was super over and they wouldn't push him.

For all Vince's genius, he's a moron when it comes to certain talent. Christian is the prime example right now.
Because WWE has nothing going on for them. Storylines, nothing. Interesting characters; nope.

They book from week to week without any rhyme or reason and expect people to care about wins and losses.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I believe he only won the title because they were doing a MITB ppv and can't have three sets of MITB going around. They tossed on him fast, had him win, and didn't give a shit. He was never of any importance to the WWE, and was never in line for a push.

·
8,351 Posts
I believe he only won the title because they were doing a MITB ppv and can't have three sets of MITB going around. They tossed on him fast, had him win, and didn't give a shit. He was never of any importance to the WWE, and was never in line for a push.
You speak as though Jack Swagger was the only one in that match.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
http://...................../wrestl...we-smackdown-star-for-his-backstage-behavior/

There is a bit of heat on SmackDown Superstar Jack Swagger because WWE officials feel that Swagger got too big-headed while being pushed last year. Swagger had began to get a reputation for being too cocky backstage and rubbed certain people the wrong way.

The source notes that Swagger’s behavior backstage has been improving and WWE officials have taken notice but they don’t want to let him off the hook without learning a lesson.
It's apparently the main reason that explains why "Icarus" Swagger has fallen.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Swagger's WWE run has actually been really odd imo. First he comes into ECW, becomes world champion out of no where, then loses it to Christian and gets traded to Raw. Then all of a sudden the momentum he had on ECW disappears and he becomes a mid card jobber on Raw. Then out of no where, he not only somehow manages to look decent in the road to Wrestlemania (who ever said the thing with Santino eliminating Swagger right before Wrestlemania, it wasn't before Wrestlemania, it was before the Royal Rumble), but he surprisingly wins the MITB, and then immediately becomes world champion again only this time on Smackdown, has a small title reign where he actually pins top stars such as Taker and Orton, then out of no where loses it to Rey Mysterio, loses every ounce of credibility he had left after that title reign by losing constately to Mysterio (I honestly think Mysterio is the guy who buries more people than anyone else in the WWE, not because he wants to, but this whole "small guy overcoming the odds" just makes the people he defeats look incredibly weak rather than make him look strong) and ever since, has gotten no where. I just don't get it...

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I can never take him serious at all. He's like that dork in high school who tries to pick on kids cause of his size but fails each time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Because WWE has nothing going on for them. Storylines, nothing. Interesting characters; nope.

They book from week to week without any rhyme or reason and expect people to care about wins and losses.
That's the exact reason as to why they lost me as a fan in 2004. If they focused on this, maybe the average turnover for "casual" fans would last more than two years.

·
私を貴方の目&#
929 Posts
Wow. Not sure where all the hate is coming from for Jack Swagger but I always thought he was pretty decent. Seriously , if Shamus can have a decent Championship run I don't see why Jack Swagger couldn't. He seems like he can be a person that WWE can get over if they just use him right.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts