Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When jr came down i marked like crazy .

i was worried at the start just in case he would be kind of shit but he really delivered.

It made me think that perhaps they were testing the waters to bring him back for good.

If everyone is right and Cole becomes the Raw GM then surely he cant continue to do commentary aswell as play the heel gm.

which could quiet possibly leave the door open for J.R

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I had a smile on my face during that whole segment. The match was great, Coles' mannerisms were awesome and having JR back was a dream come true. JR was on top of his game and it was like he never left. How great was it to hear someone call a match for once.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
He won't be back full time, you can thank Vince for that. For some reason he has always treated JR like shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had JR go out there so he could have Cole try to bury him. Luckily, JR owned Cole by ignoring him. Was so great to see him out there, I miss JR.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree, every moment of that was amazing! J.R deserves to be back on Raw!
However I dont believe Cole will be the GM but I thought that maybe, Cole will end up going to Smackdown? (as he's been there for a while now) ... Bringing J.R back to the raw announcing table and maybe cutting Todd Grisham on Smackdown or keeping it a three person announcing team on Smackdown?

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah JR was great on commentary this raw but he was also fired up to be back, it won't be a full time thing and he doesn't call events like that all the time

·
Registered
498 Posts
It would be great to have him back out and being seen/heard once again. But then again it would be great to hear Finkle and Mean Gene every week as well. The voices we grew up on in wrestling would always be welcomed back. Not likely any of them will be around full time but JR calling matches on RAW would be nice.

·
Banned
542 Posts
I loved J R's commentary last night especially when he was ignoring the shit out of Cole.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Any sentence asking if JR is "deserving" of a permenant role just makes me laugh.

He's J-fuckin'-R. The fact he's NOT in a permenant role is tragic.

·
Registered
934 Posts
It's a shame that Cole and JR don't get along because I think JR/Cole/King would be a great 3 man booth for Raw.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I'm going to say no but let me qualify that statement. In WWE right now they have six regular announcers (Cole, Lawler, Striker, Grisham, Matthews and Scott Stanford). In addition they also have Byron Saxton, Dusty Rhodes and Abraham Washington down in FCW as well as Ted Dibiase Sr and Michael Hayes who were announcers in the past. I would like to see WWE rotate the teams so that we get to hear different people to keep the announcing fresh. JR would certainly be a big part of that.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
JR needs to be back period. The King had new life in him last night with JR. I know Michael Cole was suppose to be heelish but he came off being a certifiable dick. The King and Cole just does not gel well with each.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
While it was great to see JR back, I personally don't want to see him come back. He just seemed so bland last night, but the again right now Michael Cole is the fucking man, he's finally got a personality and last night just watching him while JR was calling commentary was much better then listening to JR> Cole was the star of that segment.

·
Banned
417 Posts
When jr came down i marked like crazy .

i was worried at the start just in case he would be kind of shit but he really delivered.

It made me think that perhaps they were testing the waters to bring him back for good.

If everyone is right and Cole becomes the Raw GM then surely he cant continue to do commentary aswell as play the heel gm.

which could quiet possibly leave the door open for J.R

JR was good last night, because he was calling it like old-school WCW and early WWE JR. I thought JR in his last few years was terrible, because he was SO INTENT on telling us how despicable the actions of whoever the heel in the ring are. Just do the pbp and let ME decide who to cheer or boo. Or at least leave that to the colour guys. JR should not be trying to force down my throat who I should be cheering and booing. Between the booking/actions of the wrestlers themselves, as well as the colour commentator, that is more than enough. I don't need JR shoving it down my throat too.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
JR was good last night, because he was calling it like old-school WCW and early WWE JR. I thought JR in his last few years was terrible, because he was SO INTENT on telling us how despicable the actions of whoever the heel in the ring are. Just do the pbp and let ME decide who to cheer or boo. Or at least leave that to the colour guys. JR should not be trying to force down my throat who I should be cheering and booing. Between the booking/actions of the wrestlers themselves, as well as the colour commentator, that is more than enough. I don't need JR shoving it down my throat too.
I understand what you mean in a way. For me I would still have him comment on how bad something is, but not keep saying it or emphazing it too much.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
JR was great.

Cole did his best to belittle the situation and work Jim was doing, but it didn't stop him. RAW dies when JR leaves and Cole takes the stand.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Man, it's part of his job to help put the heels over as well as the storylines that are being built around them. He made Triple H and Orton sound like the ultimate villains when they were heels, so that when the guy everyone is cheering for goes over them, it's all the more exciting. Now that King is supposed to be the babyface commentator, that's what he should be doing.

I would not be opposed to JR/King/Cole on a permanent basis. I enjoyed Cole's work last night. The shots of him looking like he's falling asleep/frustrated are gold. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts