Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J Lethal jobbing to Robbie 2 weeks in a is just a very dumb choice TNA. If Leathal keeps being the whipping maybe Lethal will be gone from TNA in 8 months or so. TNA does not see the Impact fans & the internet fans how much they hate Robbie to death he is the worst thing going in TNA right now

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
It's not jobbing if Lethal got cheated lol.

Robbie E has character, something Lethal once again, lacks. I honestly love what they're doing with Robbie E right now. He's not being shoved down our throats and while he can improve in making his character more believable, he's playing a pretty good heel and he isn't half bad in the ring.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is 2 weeks in a row

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I'm sorry but so far Robbie E sucks. That match last night was horrible. I think that his gimmick needs to be tweeked a little bit, they need to make his character a little more serious. He seems too much like a cartoon character to me.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I think he does need to be toned down, I'd rather have him run with a more John Morrison atmosphere rather than an over the top exaggeration of Jersey Shore. Plus, I think TNA should let him 1) do some aerial moves seeing as this is the X division champ and 2) let him get a clean win

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
I don't think he needs to do any sort of aeriel mmove. A clean win would be nice though, as would toning his character down a little.

I honestly mark all the time for the first pumping lol

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I think the whole Jersey Shore thing is overexposed. Leave it to TNA to have a gimmick based on something that most of the country is sick of.

Robbie E. is terrible IMO. He's just so unremarkable in the ring, and that whole New Jersey, frat boy , calling everybody "bro" personality is fucking annoying. It's just not annoying when he does. It's fucking annoying period.

Apparently, their match at Impact was so bad they had to do it again. That just shows bad Robbie E. and Cookie are.

I just think they should probably repackage Robbie and let Cookie be Becky Bayless or drop them all together.

Bringing in J-Woww just made it worse. Even though it got TNA mainstream media attention and more eyes on the product is a good thing when running a business.

I just think they could've saved there 10,000-20,000 per appearance for her and gotten a few great guys from the indies and overseas like Pac, Kenny Omega, Chuck Taylor, or a few of the guys from Dragon Gate!

These guys would be a better for the X Division than The Shore!

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I just think they could've saved there 10,000-20,000 per appearance for her and gotten a few great guys from the indies and overseas like Pac, Kenny Omega, Chuck Taylor, or a few of the guys from Dragon Gate!

These guys would be a better for the X Division than The Shore!
Pac and Omega would be great for the X-Division. Omega is a pretty good worker and entertaining to watch (although I haven't seen him in ROH for quite a while on HDNET, what happened to him?) and Pac could come and spread the word of the man with 1001 spots.

Too bad they aren't old enough to get hired :(

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Pac and Omega would be great for the X-Division. Omega is a pretty good worker and entertaining to watch (although I haven't seen him in ROH for quite a while on HDNET, what happened to him?) and Pac could come and spread the word of the man with 1001 spots.

Too bad they aren't old enough to get hired :(
Omega's been working in Japan a LOT!

Speaking of Japan, it wouldn't be a bad idea if TNA brought in the New Japan Jr. Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt. Although, if he's the champion there, he's probably in no hurry to leave.

Having these kind of guys would be great for TNA period. Not just the X-Division. Plus, maybe bring in Haas and Benjamin for the Tag-Team Division and beyond because the Guns are running out of people to face.

It's crazy how TNA has money problems, but they always seem to find the money for stupid shit like J-Woww.

I'm not a genius, but this doesn't sound like stuff that's out of the realm of possibility for TNA. It's possible, but are they smart enough or willing to work to pull it off?

Guys like Pac and Omega shouldn't be very expensive at all. The guys from Japan are probably quite a bit pricier.

TNA supposedly has a working relationship with AAA in Mexico because they sent Hernandez there.

Why can't AAA send some guys to TNA? A guy like Aerostar would be awesome in the X-Division with these guys, too.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,996 Posts
Robbie E has a great look, solid gimmick and lots of presence but he isn't an X-Division style wrestler. They just seem to throw anyone who's slightly smaller into that division now. That was never the original point of it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Call me crazy but as of right now I find Robbie E more entertaining than Jay Lethal. At least Robbie has a gimmick, TNA stripped Jay of his gimmick and he's right back where he was when he was a jobber in 2006. The guy needs the Black Machismo gimmick to get over.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
O.P is obvious hater judging by all other posts. Robbie E is a good talent - not a conventional XDivision talent but hes certainly talented and one for the future. TNA should be commended for giving him a chance and a push. You that wine about TNA 'being WCW 2000 and about the old guys' yet criticise Robbie are hypocrits

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Who else could we blame for having The Shore other than this guy:

The Shore is pretty bad and not only does it draw X-Pac Heat from the start, but Robbie E is only getting pushed because of J-Woww receiving $15,000 just to appear once! Not only that, but they have Cookie wrestling, when she should only be a valet.

Also, Taz and Tenay need to stop pushing The Shore too. Quit with the whole "Oh! Oh! Oh!" shit.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
so jay lethal went from having an awesome match with ric flair, a gimmick of a guy finding his place in wrestling and having the celebration of a lifetime after winning the X division title to just plain job to a guy that's gimmicking a reality show that is just about a bunch of losers getting drunk and having tons of angst?

and people still aproove even though jay was X divison champ FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HIS CAREER

no comment on that... seriously guys... you're just too blind to see something wrong in the booking

1 - 20 of 36 Posts