Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Take a look at the ratings first.

The in ring segment where The heels contemplating legal action came to the ring lost 353,000 viewers. HHH coming out to address them plus Kelly & Torres vs. Phoenix & Natalya gained 185,000 viewers. Jinder Mahal vs. Santino Marella lost 210,000 viewers to a show low to a 2.68 quarter. The footage from the Hell in a Cell main angle, Miz/Truth youtube interview and the beginning of the 12-person tag match gained 531,000 viewers. The 12-man tag match from that point on lost 170,000 viewers, but that’s considerably less of a loss than would be expected over that half hour. The HHH vote of confidence segment worked big time, gaining 1,163,000 viewers, one of the better growth periods of the year, and ending at a 3.77 rating.

you can clearly see the casuals are interested in this Storyline.

I know a lot of people complaining only coz CM punk is not the center figure for this Whole storyline ,Plz read this -

I have a hard time believing Vince would put someone over like he did with Punk if he didn't get his appeal to be honest. The thing is they need to establish Punk as a face and HHH as a face authority figure. They couldn't do that properly if their feud got more personal. The audience would have turned on one of them -likely CM Punk-. So for the time being CM Punk teams with John Cena to show the casuals they aren't mortal enemies and that you can like both of them while Miz and Truth play the heels neither Punk nor HHH can be at the moment.

Besides, Truth and Miz maybe "stole" Punk's enemy as HHH -even though it's Laurinaitis his character wants gone- but they didn't steal his cause. Miz and Truth don't want change. They don't want 100 % of the audience to appreciate WWE's product. They want to be the main event, that's it.

I just wanna say HHH,Vince mcmahon or CM Punk are not idiots to let 4 months of work, starting with Punk's shoot, to be dropped just like that at N.O.C. I am sure Punk is in for bigger push in the future , maybe even a WWE championship win at Wrestlemania against Triple h.

I think for now WWE is trying to use this momentum to create more stars, more credible heels like Miz & Truth, make the mid-card feel important again. So why not let it all play out first before complaining & bitching about it??

EDIT : I did not quote the ratings to prove HHH is a draw or not. It doesnt even matter in 2011. Just wanted to make sure people knew what WWE is trying to do with this storyline, build more credible faces/heels using HHH.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Pretty much nailed it with your analysis, but asking the IWC to not complain is never going to work. Its what the IWC does best

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Asking the IWC to not complain or bitch about Triple H is like begging koala bears to not eat the eucalyptus leaves. It won't work.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Triple H gets a really bad rap on the internet.

Face it, he's probably the one guy who has everything, he is one of the best total packages of all time.

Ring work, check

Mic work, check

Charisma, check

Ability to play heel or face, check

The "Look", check

The ability to build and maintain several gimmicks, check

Drawing ability, check

The ability to put people over, check

As much backstage politicing as he may do, you can't deny that Triple H has carried the company, played every role needed, mid-card heel, mid-card face, heel stooge, face stable leader, main-event heel, main-event face, heel stable leader, face authority figure. He's done everything except be a tag-team guy.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Trips is it. He's living his dream, he married Stephanie McMahon, he fathered Vince's grandchildren, his career is legendary, the fans love him, he brings money and he's just it. Too much jelly when it comes him, that's all it is really. Either that or his heel run in 00/01 scarred people so badly that they still hate him for it lol.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
This is why WWE is a clusterfuck now. HHH did not start drawing from Day 1. He got pushes over established stars even if the ratings slid.

If WWE wants to continue with HHH as the focal point for the next 20 years so be it. I am bored of him. Him,Cena & orton continously hogging the ME space. I want new stars,if HHH,Cena & Orton get injured now WWE will almost sink to TNA level ratings. That is the problem.

This is not 2001. This is 2011. You cant bury the whole locker room for HHH. You have to give talent air time & put them over. Or you can choose to run the whole show with Cena,Orton,HHH angle because no-body else can draw.

Frankly expecting Santino or Jinder Mahal to have HHH level ratings is massively stupid.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Triple H gets a really bad rap on the internet.

Face it, he's probably the one guy who has everything, he is one of the best total packages of all time.

Ring work, check

Mic work, check

Charisma, check

Ability to play heel or face, check

The "Look", check

The ability to build and maintain several gimmicks, check

Drawing ability, check

The ability to put people over, check

As much backstage politicing as he may do, you can't deny that Triple H has carried the company, played every role needed, mid-card heel, mid-card face, heel stooge, face stable leader, main-event heel, main-event face, heel stable leader, face authority figure. He's done everything except be a tag-team guy.
This

The IWC likes to bitch and moan and blame Trips everytime their favorite wrestler doesnt get a world title

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
LOL why? Bitching about Hogsley has never been more entertaining than it is now. Not to mention accurate;).

And you do know that you are just throwing those words in the wind here right? If anything you'll always get an opposite reaction to these kind of threads. So why even try?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Trips is it. He's living his dream, he married Stephanie McMahon, he fathered Vince's grandchildren, his career is legendary, the fans love him, he brings money and he's just it. Too much jelly when it comes him, that's all it is really. Either that or his heel run in 00/01 scarred people so badly that they still hate him for it lol.
Weeeellllll...but seriously, I use to give trips shit but the man was definitely entertaining, and brings the entertainment factor to this angle. He plays every role correctly, every time I look at him while cutting a promo, even during the raw walk out, he delivers really well. When everybody was bombarding him with problems, his expressions were great. Vince always said "if it's good for the business" and HHH was and still is, good for the business. The only way to judge this angle is to wait how it all unfolds.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
^Or because you're a total mark.... either way nothing will change. If anything I can see this as HHH bitching revival. It has gotten a bit soft these past years.

But now we are back on track;).

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My complaint with Triple H isn't ratings-based, because I don't care about what ratings people pull in. That's just an abstract concept to me with no real value to my opinions.

My reason for hating Triple H right now is a simple one: his character is an arsehole and he annoys me. As soon as this is corrected, I will stop. No matter how high he might push the ratings, he's one of the most annoying characters on WWE TV at the moment.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He pushed punk aside so he could make sure his ego was pleasured...
You couldnt be more wrong, Considering that he is the one who is going to make CM punk a megastar in the future & the fact that HHH needs a star in CM punk when he takes over the company for real one day.

LOL why? Bitching about Hogsley has never been more entertaining than it is now. Not to mention accurate;).

And you do know that you are just throwing those words in the wind here right? If anything you'll always get an opposite reaction to these kind of threads. So why even try?

I am sure you wouldnt complaining like this if it was austin or the undertaker playing the role, would you?

My complaint with Triple H isn't ratings-based, because I don't care about what ratings people pull in. That's just an abstract concept to me with no real value to my opinions.

My reason for hating Triple H right now is a simple one: his character is an arsehole and he annoys me. As soon as this is corrected, I will stop. No matter how high he might push the ratings, he's one of the most annoying characters on WWE TV at the moment.

Babyface character = Boring,annoying.
Typical IWC mentality. cant help with that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Triple H´s ego is bigger than the entire known outer space, i think this represents why the IWC hates Triple H.

I dont hate him, i actually like him, always did, but putting himself over in 2011 is just stupid, imo.

Btw, people turned to see that segment because it was heavily promoted during the show, and most ppl know that the end of RAW is normally, the best part of the show.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
You couldnt be more wrong, Considering that he is the one who is going to make CM punk a megastar in the future & the fact that HHH needs a star in CM punk when he takes over the company for real one day.

I am sure you wouldn't complaining like this if it was Austin or the undertaker playing the role, would you?
So when is he going to put CM Punk over if they are making him into a complete martyr/underdog/feel sorry him Face Boss?

My guess would be they will do what they did with Nexus. After RR the whole thing slowly went down and just flopped eventually. When they where suppose to pick it up they just ignored it and let it die out. It does seem like we are heading towards this direction with Punk/HHH. We are suppose to hope for that big thing that really will never happen.

Remains to be seen but I'm not putting my hopes up until it's all said and done(if it happens).

No need to play with ifs. This is not a fantasy position we are in where we can choose authority figures we would like to be in charge. It does not work that way.

No reason to play ifs here. If talked about facts HHH is the authority figure (and he will remain one it seems) and right now it seems they are really enjoying showering him with more Ego Juice.

And I really don't think you have authority here to decide whom I'm fan off. Who said I was a fan of Austin? (despite me being his fan or not.)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I complain about HHH because it bores me to death, it's the same old same old and doesn't help anybody but him.

Why the fuck should I care about rating, or casuals, o shit like that?

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
The last time i was in a wrestling forum was somewhere in 02-03, if you were to open a thread like this back then? you get an army ready to onslaught on you.
times have changed drastically, remember the HHHaters shirts? lol, that was the original "we hate Cena" shirt.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

I am sure you wouldnt complaining like this if it was austin or the undertaker playing the role, would you?

Babyface character = Boring,annoying.
Typical IWC mentality. cant help with that.
There was no need for Trips to even be in NOC or go over Punk?
And Babyfaces are usually annoying as fuck, Ala cena who was over as all fuck as a heel and now is boo'd in his own home town.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts