Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do many of the IWC hate wrestlers that Vince push because they look the part? It's a shame that Jinder gets hated on for being in shape but some of these same neck breads use to cheer him and the 3MB on when they were jobbers. It's no wonder why the business is shit now. I am not saying every wrestler should be buff but at the same time wrestling don't need a roster full of bland guys with blands names who look like they got pulled out the audience.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
I don't hate on Jinder because he looks the part. It's because that's all he has going for him. Take away the shredded body and he's as bland as they come.

But bigger picture, I've never understood the whole "looking the part" philosophy. Even before I discovered forums and workrate and all that, I thought Hulk Hogan was a big muscled up dude who was a boring wrestler, and I thought Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio were the shit. As I got older and understood wrestling more, I still valued ability over appearance. I don't care if you look like Goldberg, Mick Foley, Sami Zayn or Randy Orton, I just want to be entertained- and for what it's worth, I've been entertained by all 4 of those wrestlers at various times.

But you can't just throw a ripped wrestler on screen and expect me to be on board just because of that. It's not bodybuilding. Get in the ring and entertain me.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I don't hate on Jinder because he looks the part. It's because that's all he has going for him. Take away the shredded body and he's as bland as they come.

But bigger picture, I've never understood the whole "looking the part" philosophy. Even before I discovered forums and workrate and all that, I thought Hulk Hogan was a big muscled up dude who was a boring wrestler, and I thought Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio were the shit. As I got older and understood wrestling more, I still valued ability over appearance. I don't care if you look like Goldberg, Mick Foley, Sami Zayn or Randy Orton, I just want to be entertained- and for what it's worth, I've been entertained by all 4 of those wrestlers at various times.

But you can't just throw a ripped wrestler on screen and expect me to be on board just because of that. It's not bodybuilding. Get in the ring and entertain me.
Might as well close the thread after this post. Says everything that needs to be said.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Why do many of the IWC hate wrestlers that Vince push because they look the part? It's a shame that Jinder gets hated on for being in shape but some of these same neck breads use to cheer him and the 3MB on when they were jobbers. It's no wonder why the business is shit now. I am not saying every wrestler should be buff but at the same time wrestling don't need a roster full of bland guys with blands names who look like they got pulled out the audience.
Who are the IWC? Seriously.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
What the fuck are you guys talking about? There are plenty of Jinder Mahal and Roman Reigns marks on here and lots of Sami Zayn, Finn Balor etc haters. More iwc neckbeard smark geeks are into the Vince McMahon steroid guys than not.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
…..Ugh.

We are still doing this? Really? For the last time, MOST people don’t like this because he was a jobber, a loser, just over a month ago and now after a month we’re supposed to buy him as champion?

Guy looks great. Quit drinking and everything. Good for him. Has nothing to do with myself and most people’s problems with this.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I don't see why people can't give him a chance and see how it plays out. Like let's see what happens. Just like how I think Balor is completely out of place and belongs in 205. I'm not gonna start whining because he's facing a legit guy like Lesnar. We don't know how they are going to work the match.

Jinder's been handling himself pretty well. But I guess people only accept "cool guy" heels like Kevin Owens that get just as many cheers as they get boos.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Remind me, were people rebelling against Taker? Or Kane? Or Strowman after he showed he improved? No.

What some of you very evidently don't understand is that nobody here is of the mindset that if you're ripped, you automatically suck. No idea where that train of thought was born from, like most stereotypes its rooted in stupidity and falsehood.

People rebel against Reigns because they don't respect him and his entire push was a giant middle finger from Vince McMahon to the fans to signal his contempt for them. They don't hate him because he has muscles and he sucks in the ring (in reality, most agree that he's pretty good). People dislike Jinder not because of his gnarly physique, its because that physique is literally the only thing going for him and he's average to bad at everything else.

I don't know how I can make this any clearer.

·
The Irish Rapist
3,392 Posts
Because they want to look like Reigns and are intimidated/seduced by his looks. Jinder will be just a flash in the pan.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ughhhh, the IWC hates on anyone for any reason. Finn Balor? The IWC hates him because he doesn't look the part. Sami Zayn too. Kevin Owens is fat. Nah, the IWC hates everyone for every reason.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Because looking the part is the easiest part of the job. Which is why "he works hard" is an absurd argument.

Jinder and Reigns suck at all the harder parts.

Also, users with negative reps should be banned from making idiotic threads like this one.

Reactions: Showstopper

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
…..Ugh.

We are still doing this? Really? For the last time, MOST people don’t like this because he was a jobber, a loser, just over a month ago and now after a month we’re supposed to buy him as champion?

Guy looks great. Quit drinking and everything. Good for him. Has nothing to do with myself and most people’s problems with this.
I would argue for people who know what to look for he looks pretty gross. I find his body pretty unpleasant to look at. So he doesn't even really have that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Because looking the part is the easiest part of the job. Which is why "he works hard" is an absurd argument.
What?

With the constant travel and lots of stress (mentally and physically), not to mention the harsh and constant bumps wrestlers take, "looking the part" is far from the easiest part of the job.

Which is why anabolic steroids were very popular among wrestlers before the WWE Wellness Policy was implemented to most of the roster.

I don't think IWC rebelled against all wrestlers that look the part. I like Reigns, but he has his shortcomings which is not really in relation to the look. I don't like Jinder but don't hate him either, and I am aware that Jinder has his shortcomings that make people hate him which is not really because he has the look.

Yes I do strongly disagree though with how many smarks don't care about the look at all. I still think its very important. Not any less important than character, in ring ability, mic skills etc. Someone with great look but nothing in relation to everything else is trash to me. Someone with great in ring ability but nothing in relation to everything else is trash to me. Etc etc.

Going back to Jinder, I think its great that Jinder got ripped with steroids (I wish more wrestlers are allowed to use steroids). However I cant approve his look since he has acne all over his back and ugly bitch tits. Dude didn't use the steroids properly.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts