Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
So, because we are part of it, we are not allowed to criticize it?

If someone says something negative about their country, do you tell them to leave it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The term itself is pretty silly really. Who doesn't have the internet thesedays?

What about Internet Music Community? Internet NBA Community?

I can understand if the term was used 10 years ago as the internet was less common then, and more niche, but now, it's not as if the 'IWC' is anything but everyone.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I don't like the whole labeling as IWC and generalizing people, but that's just me.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Those of you who bash the iwc why do you do it if your part of iwc?
Same reason an American might critisise American society or a baseball fan might critisise baseball fans, they're picking on certain opinions which are widely held, or more often believed to be widely held, that they themselves not only disagree with but also know to be factually unsupported. For example, the belief that every IWC member would, in the event they were given the power to do so, would turn almost every wrestler heel. This is widely believed but totally unsupported by the things IWC members actually say.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
You can bash something and still be a part of it. For example, everybody bashes the political party they're affiliated with for some boneheaded decisions, but they're still part of them.

The IWC is filled with people who are absolutely full of shit, me included half the time. Pointing out people's nonsense doesn't mean everybody has to quit discussing wrestling on the Internet. The IWC IS full of shit. If somebody loses a match, they're "buried", if somebody wins a match, they're "overpushed". If somebody's a heel, they're cool, if somebody's a face, they're lame (well, that one is USUALLY true). If somebody can only wrestle, they shouldn't get pushed because they can't talk, if somebody can only talk, they shouldn't get pushed because they can't wrestle. If somebody's over, it's because the kids are idiots. If somebody's not over, it's because they suck. Etc.

·
on the right track
3,702 Posts
When someone from the IWC mocks the IWC, it's pretty obvious which part of the IWC they're directing the insult to. And that part usually knows it.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I hate the over-reactionary nature of the IWC. A guy loses one match and is ~BURIED! The fantasy booking is one of the worst thing's, they book things a certain way in their heads, and when it doesn't go as planned, they shit on it instead of taking it for what it is and thinking about the future and what will come out of it. They overreact after a bad show and say they're "never watching this crap again!" and then are right back the next week watching this crap again. They say they'll never spend another dime on the WWE, then are right there buying the next PPV.

I don't think that them having an opinion is bad, I don't even necessarily think that some of the more overzealous opinions are bad. It's the folks that constantly bitch about how bad the product is, and yet they still watch week after week. Those people are fools. I've had times where I didn't like the product so I didn't watch, I haven't watched TNA for months. But these guys almost never stand on their word, and almost always do the usual aforementioned "I'm not watching this crap again!"and are right back week after week.

There's the nogastical fan's who love the wrestler's they grew up with and bash the current WWE product while not even watching it. They hate it becuase there's no Stone Cold or "it's PG and gay." There's also the people who just go based on the opinion's of Dave Meltzer and his goonies. The IWC loves dirtsheet's, even if their not reasonable at all, they'll believe anything that that idiot say's.

Nobody know's what they want. The Miz was a beloved superstar in the IWC. After winning the WWE Championship, he's to young, to small, to weak, to overrated, has no in-ring skill's. Many people were bitching that they wanted Morrison to win it instead on Miz, but I'm sure that if Morrison won it, the IWC would be shitting on him and saying how much better Miz is and how he deserves it more. That's why I never understand when people say "WWE should do what the fan's want," nobody know's what they want.

There's also the idiots who think that WWE should only do what "they want." One time a Youtube douchebag was like "they should do what I want!" Funny thing is, WWE couldn't give a flying fuck about what the IWC wants, and they never will. Why would a million dollar company give a shit about what a group of internet nerds who are stuck in 1997 and don't know jack shit about the wrestling business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts